Vote to remove Bile from buy menu?

Soap

Perhaps bile could put out fire. That way the survivors have to choose between a blind tank or a tank that's taking damage.

i like this idea, bile acts like water

Yeah but then im just going to make sure that I bile him before i light him. Which I always do anyway :P

Im going to facepalmsmash myself if bile gets removed. seriously, i'm not the best player out there by far, but I like a challenge. I've managed to not die when biled before as a tank so i imagine others can to. I vote no on bile bomb removal. I vote no as many times as i possibly can to this.

I don't think bile warrant a nerf at the moment. The times it becomes a peeve for the tank is when teams are being snowball hard. When a survivor team is doing extremely well, any good tank will have the hardest time to make anything work and combining that with bile adds more frustration. The other same way for infected, a lot of times survivors is unable to progress any further while being constantly attack under the same spot for minutes! Unlike the firework crates, bile point return is far less and could backfire if any of the survivors is bile..you just be causing a larger crowd on that poor dude.

• Like 1

The whole idea of when you get biled is to retreat and kill the commons off of you...and not stand front of everyone so you can get biled easily a second time.

I agree and I think it's a good mechanic. However, I've often times been biled ran away and killed commons and more often then not the very second my vision is back I get another bile hurled right at me and I have to repeat the process again and again and again and again. Thats why it needs a little nerf so that its not spammed. Trying to dodge 5 bile bombs from regulars who all have it path binded isn't that easy. Because thats what it's become, everyone has it bound now and they spam it because its only 3 points. My suggestion is to make it 10points+ or enable a cooldown of 10 to 20 seconds that the tank cant get biled again.

Edited by BlackYoshi
  • Like 1

Reading over http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2009/GDC2009_ReplayableCooperativeGameDesign_Left4Dead.pdf (I think, read it for a while) they designed l4d2 to have checks and balances in order to have replayability and randomness.

The multiple bile thing was obviously not an intention of the creators, nor was 10 players or buying guns. I think the reason this server works so well is because we have a balance for buying guns- infected can choose what type they are allowing them to hit hard at crucial moment.

So my thought is add a check for multiple biles- allow tanks to spawn hitables for 15 seconds

• Like 2

Reading over http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2009/GDC2009_ReplayableCooperativeGameDesign_Left4Dead.pdf (I think, read it for a while) they designed l4d2 to have checks and balances in order to have replayability and randomness.

The multiple bile thing was obviously not an intention of the creators, nor was 10 players or buying guns. I think the reason this server works so well is because we have a balance for buying guns- infected can choose what type they are allowing them to hit hard at crucial moment.

So my thought is add a check for multiple biles- allow tanks to spawn hitables for 15 seconds

wow sweet find

Is there any way to pause the tank's rage meter while he's biled? If we're saying the best course of action is to retreat and deal with the common infected, and if that's allowed to repeat a bunch of times from survivors buying biles, then the tank should be able to retreat without worrying about the rage meter expiring.

And the meter would only be paused while the tank's biled, so it would be up to the Survivors whether or not they want to extend the amount of time they have to deal with the tank(s).

• Like 2

I think it's safe to say we aren't going to remove the bile. Trust me I been using it and I've been biled but it's teamwork.

Honestly all this is going to lead to is another thing on down the road of ppl saying its op and needs to be taken out.

Jesus do you people want everything that makes the game challenging removed?

Bile is what removes the challenge, not the other way around.

Similar to how fireworks remove some of the challenge. Throwables in general make a lot of tough situations much easier. Which is why you don't see them on competitive servers.

Secondly, this is the only 10 v 10 server I'm aware of that doesn't increase tank HP. Bile/fire and 10 weapons aimed at you make tanks useless in most scenarios where there aren't hittables. This is the removal of something that should be challenging, not a challenge in and of itself.

• Like 2

Ok so lets get rid of boomers. NO!! right if a tank is biled. Infected needs to boom the survivors that simple.

You can't bind and purchase throwable boomers. It's the mechanics that are the issue. Tanks are 50 points and a well placed bile will easily melt a tank (not just for new people the good regulars even have a hard time coming back from a bile bomb) and biles only cost three points! It just doesn't make sense its too overpowered. I'm just going to spam biles as much as humanly possibles until everyone is sick of them.

Edited by BlackYoshi
  • Like 1

That's a good idea Diamond. It does seem odd that buying an item that already provides you benefits of in itself plus additional points on top for using it. Buy a crate and burn enemies, there's the benefit, using a bile on a tank, that's your "points" you technically gain. None of the buying choices for the infected reward points like the survivors get.

• Like 1

That's a good idea Diamond. It does seem odd that buying an item that already provides you benefits of in itself plus additional points on top for using it. Buy a crate and burn enemies, there's the benefit, using a bile on a tank, that's your "points" you technically gain. None of the buying choices for the infected reward points like the survivors get.

I agree it should be removed but it's still not enough in my opinion. Nerf plox

Ok so lets get rid of boomers. NO!! right if a tank is biled. Infected needs to boom the survivors that simple.

This right here. Our veterans all know that tanks desperately need boomers to make their job easier, yet I've seen countless tanks torn to shreds because their teams were simply too selfish to provide this necessary service.

For those of you who haven't had it spelled out, booms during tank fights offer the following advantages to the infected:

1. If survivors can't see, they can't fight, especially at a distance. They also can't dodge tank rocks. Biled survivors won't be able to see the purple outline of the biled tank anymore (the counter-boom).

2. It makes supplementary attacks from special infected much more effective and harder to detect, Smokers especially.

3. Common infected draw fire and empty magazines, thus hindering a concerted offense (and hopefully wasting incendiary/explosive ammo).

4. Flying boomers draw fire on their own. If someone on the team is keeping an eye out for Boomers to shoot down, that means they aren't helping shoot the tank. Each player doing this makes the anti-tank effort 10% less effective, if you think about it..

These reasons are why I love having Defiant and Kazya on my team and hate playing against them. Removing the bile bomb from the menu will be like putting training wheels on our tanks (pun intended). If we're going to bury a game-breaking weapon, let it be the damn fireworks crates. Anyone who has seen the benefits of a difficult and well executed group boom quickly get burned up for a measly three points will know that pain. My hatred for fireworks crates burns as hot as they do.

Edited by VladPiranha
  • Like 2

If we're going to bury a game-breaking weapon, let it be the damn fireworks crates. Anyone who has seen the benefits of a difficult and well executed group boom quickly get burned up for a measly three points will know that pain.

boomers are for denying vision and awareness. anyone who plays during the day, aka noob hours, knows how annoying it can be to get pounced like 3 feet away from half your team and no one will react unless you yell into your mic.

the horde is there for minimal extra damage and reduced mobility, but if you can still see your teammate, then you can shoot the infected on them.