Hax

ReDRuM

Hey guys,

I've thought about writing this post many times but didn't for fear of being the guy who thinks everyone hacks, but i'm beyond frustrated at this point that I simply don't care if i get flamed any more and just need to vent if nothing else. After speaking with many regulars/members/admins etc... it seems the general consensus on one particular person is heavily tipping to hacking, rather then skill, but because of lack of proof nothing can be done about it. I play on the server day in and day out and get along with every single person and have a blast 98% of the time, and when i don't its because of this one person and it not only ruins the game for me, but leaves such a sour taste in my mouth that i think about not returning. Most server regulars are in the same position i'm in after chatting with them, in that they don't want to say something and be "that guy" but they have think the same thing, but remain cordial to them while they are in the server, which again is very frustrating especially when we are all wanting to just scream out that they are obviously hacking.

I don't expect any repercussions after this post, I just more than anything needed to vent because its become a very frequent issue on the server. Although i have no hard proof of any wrong doing, the facts we do have is enough for me to say that i believe 150% that this person is a hacker, and today more than any day made it incredibly clear to me because of one simple fact. This person, who normally will get 90% headshots (1 shot kill) on ANY given day, was accused by someone earlier and suddenly had a 0 HS ratio, and out of the 16 times i was killed by this person in roughly a 20 minute window, there was not a single headshot kill. So, with that said, it can be a server issue with misreading stats, or the more likely of the two, this person simply switched to a different bone within the hack. Again, i hate to be that guy, but the facts as i see it, are incredibly obvious and i know that others agree with me even if they won't say it publicly.

Sorry for ranting :P

I'll just reassure you that it's okay to be "that guy" occasionally. I have also, along with basically everyone else, have suspected the same thing. When I was new to the server I brought it up to an admin only to be met with the "he's just really really ridiculously good." I took it at face value and moved on even though I have always had my suspicions. I'm glad this is finally being brought up even if I don't have any proof and not even sure if its true. Either way what I'm saying is regardless of the time an individual has spent on a server, when a serious accusation of hacking is brought against them the admins should take notice. Regardless of how often the person has been reported in the past. Not accusing anyone but still it can't hurt to investigate.

Edited by BlackYoshi

I'll just reassure you that it's okay to be "that guy" occasionally. I have also, along with basically everyone else, have suspected the same thing. When I was new to the server I brought it up to an admin only to be met with the "he's just really really ridiculously good." I took it at face value and moved on even though I have always had my suspicions. I'm glad this is finally being brought up even if I don't have any proof and not even sure if its true.

i thought you weren't going to bring this up or talk about me again

I wish I was good enough

That last part was unnecessary, Fenix.

??

It was meant as a joke. If I was accused of hacking - and I don't - I'd actually feel pretty good that I am playing that good of a game. That's what that meant

I'll just reassure you that it's okay to be "that guy" occasionally. I have also, along with basically everyone else, have suspected the same thing. When I was new to the server I brought it up to an admin only to be met with the "he's just really really ridiculously good." I took it at face value and moved on even though I have always had my suspicions. I'm glad this is finally being brought up even if I don't have any proof and not even sure if its true.

i thought you weren't going to bring this up or talk about me again

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh. http://i.imgur.com/BZg0749.gif

• Like 1

My bad, I'll tone it down a bit and aim for your souls instead of your heads.

i aim for the butt.

Also,

"the general consensus on one particular person"

so who is part of "the so called general?"

and no proof, but u have facts. ok.

Edited by oakgyrl510

who is this so called "hacker" we are talking about?

It's u.

no one does 90% headshots over a full round...

And u.

makes a post about something

And u 2.

Hey what about me??

Yeah right. Nobody will ever accuse you of hax. U horribad.

I'm getting tired of manually typing out these fake reply quotes

I like your singing voice.

• Like 2

For gods sake Redrum, you think everyone cheats. You're just horrible at this game, when are you going to admit this to yourself? I'd like it stated for the fact that I have never hacked, and the fact that you're jealous of my incredible good looks and amazing personality to the point that you bring false accusations of my cheating to the forums is frankly disgusting. I'd say I expected better of you, but frankly, I can't expect anything more of you when you're a simpleton.

WcQsOsk.png

;)

In all seriousness, my two cents on this is that the person in question is either ridiculously good or hacking, because they consistently pull off the kind of gameplay that we all wish we could do. I'm in two minds because I've known good friends who are amazing at games, and I've watched them play FPS games in person, and the way they played were incredible. However, the consistent gameplay of this person makes it unsurprising to me that this thread has popped up.

(edited)

i aim for the butt.

Also,

What's so hard for you to understand? I'm clearly not going to name all the people that agree with me and throw them under the bus, but the FACT is that a very high percentage of people i've spoken with about this feel the same way. Again, this is not proof of hacking, but is a FACT, get it?

Edited by ReDRuM

Its important to remember in situations like these that whenever a single round is enough to completely destroy one of the "squishy" Infected the server will register a headshot, as the entire body is destroyed. Also, the guns in L4D2 are pretty easy to use compared to a lot of fps games, so an AK with lasers can be downright overpowered in the right hands.

That being said, there are some people Ive noticed have some suspicious shooting patterns. Ive seen bullets seem to curve towards targets, well away from the crosshair. While I can think it might be lag at times, when someone does these things consistently it definitely makes me raise an eyebrow.

Im not trying to cast doubt on the situation, but its good to be critical of these things before concluding in our minds that someone is cheating.

i aim for the butt.

Also,

What's so hard for you to understand? I'm clearly not going to name all the people that agree with me and throw them under the bus, but the FACT is that a very high percentage of people i've spoken with about this feel the same way. Again, this is not proof of hacking, but is a FACT, get it?

Hey guys,

I've thought about writing this post many times but didn't for fear of being the guy who thinks everyone hacks, but i'm beyond frustrated at this point that I simply don't care if i get flamed any more and just need to vent if nothing else. After speaking with many regulars/members/admins etc... it seems the general consensus on one particular person is heavily tipping to hacking, rather then skill, but because of lack of proof nothing can be done about it. I play on the server day in and day out and get along with every single person and have a blast 98% of the time, and when i don't its because of this one person and it not only ruins the game for me, but leaves such a sour taste in my mouth that i think about not returning. Most server regulars are in the same position i'm in after chatting with them, in that they don't want to say something and be "that guy" but they have think the same thing, but remain cordial to them while they are in the server, which again is very frustrating especially when we are all wanting to just scream out that they are obviously hacking.

I don't expect any repercussions after this post, I just more than anything needed to vent because its become a very frequent issue on the server. Although i have no hard proof of any wrong doing, the facts we do have is enough for me to say that i believe 150% that this person is a hacker, and today more than any day made it incredibly clear to me because of one simple fact. This person, who normally will get 90% headshots (1 shot kill) on ANY given day, was accused by someone earlier and suddenly had a 0 HS ratio, and out of the 16 times i was killed by this person in roughly a 20 minute window, there was not a single headshot kill. So, with that said, it can be a server issue with misreading stats, or the more likely of the two, this person simply switched to a different bone within the hack. Again, i hate to be that guy, but the facts as i see it, are incredibly obvious and i know that others agree with me even if they won't say it publicly.

Sorry for ranting :P

a fact can be proven. fact is a strong word.

from dictionary.com

fact:something said to be true or supposed to have happened

Wether you believe what i say to be fact or true, has no relevence at all on what i believe to be fact. Everything i stated in my original post was fact, and true from my perspective. I'm not about to namedrop every person i've spoken with who feels the same way i do just to prove something to you.