Your view on 3rd Party

Fatty

What's your stance on 3rd Party Maps  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

My answer.

I like some of them mixed in with the normal maps, but mostly normal, default maps.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

i wonder what i voted...

3rd party maps are fun, plain and simple. what is cstrike anyways...a game by chance?! oooooh thats right, so when playing you should have fun and enjoy yourself correct? uh huh, yes, yes you are. i am sorry, but awp wars on aztec just get old, dust is the most over played map ever, and its not even that good either. 3rd party maps make the game fun again, worth playing, just and overall good time. gg 3rd party maps

(edited)

I remember this one map where there were wharehouses by water and a loading dock and the CTs had to escape I think. there were several wharehouses, one of them had a bridge out of it by a spawn point that went to a tower and that was near the escape point. That building also had a door that was slightly open so you could see under it but it was too low to crawl under. There was a boat in the water that the bad guys started on and they could go off a gang plank to the dock or they could jump off and swim up the water to a crawl out point that went into one of the wharehouses.

This map was ultra great and didn't favor either team. It could totally be played to the death, or a sneaky CT could try and escape. I think that it was to the death or until all CTs escaped. Maybe it was Ts that were trying to escape though. I haven't seen this map in at least a year or two.

Does anyone know which map this was? or was it a map for TacticalOps mod of unreal? I could swear it was an old CS map.

It isn't cs_docks

edit: if you swam from the bow you went into a wharehouse and into the main courtyard and if you swam from the stern then you went to another wharehouse but it had an underground ramp that came up by the low opened door I was talking about.

map.jpg

Edited by Chief

I just want to say .. GOOD JOB on the files page. I never have to wait to download a map, and no one else should.

The thing that bothers me though is when I see a 3rd party map is next and I dont have it I leave and download it when there is about 30sec left in current map. Then when I go into the server there are like 9 people downloading it.

As a suggestion maybe before a map changes that an automatic msg comes up to tell people to download it on your site ( This may be already the case, I just dont know )

One solution would be to disable in-game downloads of maps. On our old server, whenever it seemed a number of people didn't have the maps, the admin would disable stats until the regulars had them.

I know some people have slower connections or are just too impatient to download "every" map and install each one but it will actually save time for everyone involved in the long run. I have started using a "map installer" that helps expediate the process. You simply download the zipped maps to a directory, run the installer, point to the zips, and hit install.

You can get the installer here:

http://www.agent55.com/

Chiefy Boy!

You just described, and drew, a map not for counterstrike, but of the Unreal Tournament Mod... Tactical Ops. Perhaps there was a map made for CS, but I only played it on Tac Ops. Can't remember the name of the map though.

And it was the Terorists that needed to escape from their ship... so long as half of them got away they would win.

Now that you say it Longhair, that also kind of looks like a stock Unreal Tournament map where one team defends the ship and the other team tries to get on and disable the generator and the steering area.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I loved that map. TacOps also had the better engine. And you could silence the MP5. Good thing BobLee got me to switch because Ops is gone.

:(

That was a Tac Ops map. That game was fun, I miss it.

And NO, Tac Ops is not gone. It went retail and you can get it at wal-mart now in the 9.95 Section.

Guest nightstalker
Guest nightstalker
Guest nightstalker
Guests

what the heck is a 3rd party poll?????