Weather in the buy menu, possible?

Limi

Is it even possible to have purchasable weather? Ie. like the storm you see on the passing, the very heavy rain and wind. Would be an awesome thing to for the infected to be able to purchase. Even possible?

• Like 1

(edited)

I want a new option for the infected where it announce a fake message about a player buying a tank.

Should also make the tank music start ;P

Another buy option could be to have disabled tank music, or disabled HUD messages (ie. remove the "Tank 1/1 alive" ones) so it's hard to tell if a tank is actually still alive or not.

But back to weather, I think that this could make playing maps quite refreshing, certainly make them different and creates some interesting team work buying tactics for infected. So then not only would it be, get unannounced tank then buy, but also have someone with enough points to create a storm and *then* buy a tank.

Could be that you can only buy so many, like how survivor re-spawns work to avoid them just being spammed over and over or just have a cooldown, once every X minutes.

Edited by Limi
  • Like 1

(edited)

I want a new option for the infected where it announce a fake message about a player buying a tank.

Another buy option could be to have disabled tank music, or disabled HUD messages (ie. remove the "Tank 1/1 alive" ones) so it's hard to tell if a tank is actually still alive or not.

If you want hard, why not just make the tank totally invisible. :sleep:

-------------------------------

Serious. Add Super Tanks!! Of course, with low HP so that it will become balanced in a way..

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1542365

Edited by TestCharacter

^ no pls

vanilla infected forver

Should also make the tank music start ;P

the tanks 1/2 alive thing is already a thing. its called tank limit unannounce i think but its not really any use unless you have 2 really good teams with a lot of tanks constantly coming in

+1 on the weather thing, would make survs more fun. altho it would suck to play in when the majority of your team doesn't look around...

That would actually be pretty funny.

I like it.

Anyway, the weather purchase is a cool add-on. Since many people have played the maps so much, it makes it challenging if survivors can't tell where to go.

Edited by Protomanx13

(edited)

I don't know why would someone waste points just to buy a fake tank message? Are the survivors going to freak out and run immediately to the saferoom? Are they going to throw molotovs all over the place?

Edited by TestCharacter

Rather than buying, have the weather concept be implemented for the winning survivor team at the beginning of each map if the score difference is huge. I didn't find the weather to be that detrimental in Hard Rain, doubt it would do much as a buy option.

Buying a fake tank message would announce who bought it just like buying a real tank. It shouldn't cost too much or too little because there are 10 opposing players trying to catch your bluff. 4/5 points is a good setback since it should mostly use as a method to buy time or cause paranoia. It's like those times where you just needed that 3 extra seconds to spawn correctly in position.

Rather than buying, have the weather concept be implemented for the winning survivor team at the beginning of each map if the score difference is huge. I didn't find the weather to be that detrimental in Hard Rain, doubt it would do much as a buy option.

I see it more as temporary weather, rather than a complete switch. Say each purchase lasts for 3-5minutes so that you use it strategically.

If it was a permanent switch you could perhaps could allow the survivors an option to reset it back to normal for points?

Presumably if you change weather on an indoor map like Dead Center not much happens?

I see it more as temporary weather, rather than a complete switch. Say each purchase lasts for 3-5minutes so that you use it strategically.

If it was a permanent switch you could perhaps could allow the survivors an option to reset it back to normal for points?

Presumably if you change weather on an indoor map like Dead Center not much happens?

let it rain inside and all the flame will go away.