Pro tips for everyone to share

slarfnar

Let's work up a list of pro tips that players who haven't yet mastered the 10v10 game.

Such as: In "Hard Rain" when you are trying to get into the elevator, even if you get incapped please run in as a team. A teammate will pick you up as the elevator is rising.

Let's see what else people come up with!

Let's work up a list of pro tips that players who haven't yet mastered the 10v10 game.

Such as: In "Hard Rain" when you are trying to get into the elevator, even if you get incapped please run in as a team. A teammate will pick you up as the elevator is rising.

Let's see what else people come up with!

I think it was few days ago, someone was left behind at bottom, while the other team members were going up the elevator. :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

don't boom on someone who is already boomed.

If you are using the mic when you need points DO NOT SAY "I need 5 points" (specially when the team has more than 4 players) "I" doesn't tell who you are even if half the players knows your voice, instead say "{{your name}} needs 5 points" and also use !np for those who are too busy killing SI using ears *cof* *cof*

• Like 3

(edited)

crouching and shooting is much better than running at someone and shooting lol

unless of course they are likely to be chained out of your firing sight

That. Also, if you click both mouse's button (1 and 2) almost at the same time (mouse 1 first) it will speed your firing rate speed (this is useful with a shotgun or any of the slow snipers like AWP or Scout) and if you're lucky you may dead stop a hunter while shooting

Edited by Jose

(edited)

When a Smoker pulls you from a short distance, you may want to try shoving the smoker. This is a life saver and you must always try it unless is too far, then the only chance to release yourself is by doing a headshot... sometimes the Smoker may be low on health and isn't necessary but always use the ears, specially when you ear the smoker's higher "scream" (that's when he's actually trying to pull someone)

Edited by Jose

If you've got a melee weapon you can also rotate to the smoker's tongue and hack at it to free yourself. You've got to be quick, though.

There also still exists--I think--a manual console command which allows you to sever your own smoke. That is, smoke someone, sever it, smoke them again, etc. This would constitute a point-farming exploit, though. It might not work on GC's servers, but it works on a good number of the others out there.

(edited)

Don't stick together. This is NOT Counter Strike. :P

Meaning stay few feet away from your teammates to avoid AoE (boomers/spitter/chargers).

Edited by TestCharacter
  • Like 1

Bind a suicide key for use as Infected. It has countless uses. I use it most frequently for the following, all of which are vital to my play style.

1. Freeing up spitters and pinpoint spitter death puddles.

2. Ending a Charger run as quickly as possible to free up another for the team (Blood Harvest finale makes this absolutely invaluable).

3. Killing a boomer after its use to avoid stumbling nearby infected helping you spring a trap, smokers in particular, since suicide deaths lack push force.

4. Most players will push smoker or jockey victims rather than shoot the SI off of them. You can kill your character before they get a chance to retaliate after they save their teammate, thus denying them points.

• Like 2

Bind a suicide key for use as Infected. It has countless uses. I use it most frequently for the following, all of which are vital to my play style.

1. Freeing up spitters and pinpoint spitter death puddles.

2. Ending a Charger run as quickly as possible to free up another for the team (Blood Harvest finale makes this absolutely invaluable).

3. Killing a boomer after its use to avoid stumbling nearby infected helping you spring a trap, smokers in particular, since suicide deaths lack push force.

4. Most players will push smoker or jockey victims rather than shoot the SI off of them. You can kill your character before they get a chance to retaliate after they save their teammate, thus denying them points.

extra tip don't bind it near wasd in case you miss them when taking your hand on/off your kb between spawns...

>_>

<_<

Be aware of your surroundings... I see a lot of people just just walking by when someone is being pinned by one of the SI class.

Help the people who are boomed (if they didn't buy any fire).

Crouch when shooting someone at a distance: it increases your accuracy (amazing how many people still don't know this)

I'm guessing those are the one's who don't have any FPS background.

Automatic Shotgun Info

The Tactical Shotgun (Silver) fires 11 pellets for 26 damage each with a wider spread.

The Combat Shotgun (Black) fires 9 pellets at 28 damage each with a tighter spread.

In other words, if you'll be engaging targets at closer range, especially point-blank range (tanks and witches), the Tactical model will absolutely do more damage and kill your target faster. The Combat model shines in a larger variety of situations since you will hit target more reliably at a variety of distances, making it more of a general purpose weapon. Tactical Shotguns are much better for crowning witches.