Situations/guidelines where admins use !teleport

Johnny

A Death Charge spot is when a Survivor dies resulting from a charge.  Hence the word "death" in the name.  It's not called a Stuck Charge because there is no such thing.  There are quite a few spots Survivors can get stuck in due to Chargers charging, or ramming Survivors.  If Survivors were meant to die in those areas they get stuck in, Valve could have easily threw in a trigger brush in the map to instantly kill the Survivor.  Every Death Charge spot has one.  Take Dead Center for example.  You jump off the building, not only will a Survivor die from the fall, Infected do as well.  Infected take no fall damage, but die from the fall?  That's that simple trigger brush that causes that.  You can make them effect both teams, or just Survivors.  I just don't think that Valve thought it was possible to do that charge at the start of that level...or they just simply don't care because the game doesn't make them money anymore.

It's like that one fence in Hard Rain 2 just past that trailer.  Survivors can be knocked over that fence into an out of bounds area and not die from it.  What are players supposed to do in that situation?  Just sit and die?

*edit

I'm only referring to non-incapped Survivors.

My whole take on this is if a Survivor gets incapped by a Charger (not including being rammed, just plain charged), the Survivor is SOL.  If he gets enough points to buy back up...maybe !stuck out of there?  In that situation if a Survivor !heals in that area and the Survivors on the other side of the fence giving cover, it makes no sense to keep that Survivor behind that fence.  If he wasn't incapped due to the resulting charge, then I feel an admin can !teleport the player out of there.  I feel it's stupid to just have that player be gawked at by every person on the server because they're in an area they can't get out of.  They want to play the game, not be killed off because of Valve's oversight.

• Like 3

There are out of bounds areas in several maps that are not death charge areas, nor are they even meant to be played in,  There are no textures no floors just black area.  No one is meant to play there, but sometimes people get put there by some crazy charge or tank ping pong etc.  The !stuck command is for when you are trapped in a wall or ceiling.  So I guess we need to decide if an out of bounds area is just where you die or we teleport you on just the other side of that out of bounds area.

Just because an admin may not be on the server 24 hours a day, is not a reason to tell an admin not to do something (teleport a survivor).  If we used this logic, then admins shouldn't put up map votes or change campaigns or slay infected who are bugged or ban people or do all the other things that can not be done when an admin is not present.

I personally agree with Jackie's post above.  It is silly to just leave someone out of bounds.  The reason we normally don't teleport the person at the beginning of the map on Death Toll (when leaving the church) is because he is usually incapped.  In almost every other circumstance, when a player is out of bounds, we have always teleported them back in.

• Like 2

I can't remember ever seeing anyone get tp-ed out of there, stuck can get you out.  Not sure I agree with interfering with gameplay that much - if they got charged over, should be up to them and their team to get them out.  Bad luck and always kind of funny when it happens, I can remember lots of times where the survivor would get killed and then respawned later in the map, usually with a great deal of discussion over points distribution - the kind of situation that can really bring a team together.

welll if that spot isnt labeled as a "death charge" area then i'm sure you can put something there so that no one can do a "death charge" in the area that no survivor can get out of. it will help admins out so they won't have to take their time to teleport ppl out of the "stuck charge" area. not once has that ever been an issue until now. im curious as to why that is. whats changed? are you going to have admins teleport ppl out of there, ppl not incapped, every time?

Peanut... my whole time of being in the gc community i've never ever seen a person(not incapped) get teleported out of that area. NEver seen you do it, mae do it, tirtul, chick, meng, lookback, zero, jackie, crasx, biggs, sans, cink ( i know you're not admin always thought you were and you would've been a great one at that <3 u cink), etc. the only time i've ever seen someone teled out is if they are glitched in a wall... uhhhhhhh... thats about it.

i remember those times too, lookback. i miss you <3. baby come back... LAWL!!

edit : I will play if u play lookback <3

Edited by LadyYuri

welll if that spot isnt labeled as a "death charge" area then i'm sure you can put something there so that no one can do a "death charge" in the area that no survivor can get out of. it will help admins out so they won't have to take their time to teleport ppl out of the "stuck charge" area. not once has that ever been an issue until now. im curious as to why that is. whats changed? are you going to have admins teleport ppl out of there, ppl not incapped, every time?

Peanut... my whole time of being in the gc community i've never ever seen a person(not incapped) get teleported out of that area. NEver seen you do it, mae do it, tirtul, chick, meng, lookback, zero, jackie, crasx, biggs, sans, cink ( i know you're not admin always thought you were and you would've been a great one at that <3 u cink), etc. the only time i've ever seen someone teled out is if they are glitched in a wall... uhhhhhhh... thats about it.

yes, just block that location.

if we players knew before that the admins can bring back people from that spot, im ABSOLUTELY SURE that there will be some survivors who will rush to kill the charger and call the admin to recall that player.

(edited)

Wow didn't know this would be such a hotly debated topic.  

In my humble newbie opinion, I'd say do nothing.  Let the area be a death charge spot, as it was inclined to be, whether the victim is initially incapped or not; i.e. if you get charged there, you are screwed.  It's a fun mechanic/tactic/strategy for this map so why remove it.  Then no admins are required to do anything.  And no additional scripting from Jackie or whoever.  Win-win for all.

Edited by MeJohnny

Could just give the charger some "Nice Charge" points like in Dead Air or Hard Rain which is 5 pts. The charger gets a fair amount of points before getting murdered and IF the survivor gets bought and teleported, at least they get more points than they normally would anyway. Award the charger more points is my suggestion.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic, but just want to clarify the position admins are supposed to take with players knocked out of bounds.

If a person is charged (or knocked) out of bounds, and it is not a death charge (they are not instantly killed):

If no admin, then player should try to use the !stuck command to get back in bounds (will only work if he is not in-capped).  

If admin on and player is in-capped, the admin should leave them alone until they either die or get up (then teleport).

If admin on and player is NOT in-capped, the admin should teleport him back in bounds.

If you disagree with this, feel free to post your constructive opinions here or elsewhere on the forum.  However, if you argue with the admin or accuse the admin of cheating, while in the server, you will be asked to stop, then banned for a week if you continue.

As always, if you feel the admin is doing something incorrect or a player is doing something wrong, please send me a message about it.

• Like 3

I definitely agree with the banning for accusations of cheating. However, I do have a problem with admins that have been told by multiple players that their is an issue that needs addressing and they completely ignore it or just refuse to intervene. It's more offensive when they respond to issues on their own team ASAP. They'll kick an afk like nothing but when someone on the opposite team does something? -silence-

• Like 1

I agree with those actions but I have another question that's similar to this.

Is regarding the glitch where a survivor is stuck in the pinning position of a ghost charger. A lot of times the player won't know what to do and just prance around or warp to his infected teammates...which often result out of bound areas. He/she then afk or an Admin slay the infected, leaving the survivor stuck in a position unfavorable. Survivor is either incapped or gets stuck behind out of bound areas and the infected then take the opportunity to attack the survivor! I've seen admins guilty of this as well. Just wanted raise awareness about this problem that is very low play and unfair to attack a survivor with no means to get out or have the time to do so.

I definitely agree with the banning for accusations of cheating. However, I do have a problem with admins that have been told by multiple players that their is an issue that needs addressing and they completely ignore it or just refuse to intervene. It's more offensive when they respond to issues on their own team ASAP. They'll kick an afk like nothing but when someone on the opposite team does something? -silence-

Pump,

If you see this, submit either an anonymous complaint or send a message directly to Peanut.  Admins are not superhuman and miss things.  I have missed things in the past and I will miss things in the future.  I try my best and that is all that we can ask of any of the admins.

Please don't post general accusations against admins, without any specific examples.  I find that offensive to everyone that volunteers their time to make these servers fun for you and everyone else.  If you do have a problem with an admin or a player, send in proof to me.  No one is above the rules, including admins.  I have no problem dealing with anyone that breaks the rules or an admin that is not engaging in fair play and handling situations properly.  

As far as where to send this information in, I have posted that many times in these forums..... but here are the ways you can report people for doing something wrong:

1) go to member center at top, click on make anonymous report

2) go to the envelope icon (messenger) and send a message to me

3) send me a message on steam friends list

4) post in this forum ---> http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45207-ban-requests-post-here/?p=543533

I get messages from people every day, and I try to deal with them all promptly.

• Like 1

This thread is regarding the !teleport rule.  Please keep to the subject.

Regarding Jerky's post.   The glitch infected is a different matter.  Unless admins are told immediately who the glitched infected is, without slaying all infected immediately, it takes quite some time to ascertain who the infected person is.  There hasn't been any ruling (or so I think) of what to do with a survivor if he is killed because of  the glitch.    Maybe we should re-spawn them, afterall, the infected usually do amass quite a few points out of the glitched survivor.

@Jerky

I pick whichever is easiest and has the least impact on the game.  If glitched, 3 options:  

1. Slay all infected

2. Slay specific infected glitched

3. Slay survivor glitched, and respawn

!afk and !jointeam/!Infected/!survivors works but sometimes move ppl around, often people don't even know those commands, and if someone joins and takes the spot, they might end up in spec

If 3, I've always respawned the glitched survivor.  It is the most fair thing to do.  Not their fault they glitch.

GC Server Admin

I remember playing a game where a few did not like me slaying all infected because no one fessed up to it. Just saying, Dammed if you do and Dammed is you dont.

That's their own fault. It's not a bother to speak up. Sucks for them.

It clearly is no one's fault when a person joins game and a glitch happens.  The responsibility belongs to the player who is infected to confess immediately without being asked so they can be dealt with expediently without too much disruption to the game.   My thoughts are that if the survivor dies resulting of the glitch then they should be respawned.

Edited by MPG1770

I believe, by "own fault", he means if a glitched person fails to speak up, when prompted, then its his own fault for his team getting slayed by the admin.

Admins, just do your best to find the glitched person quickly, announce that if you cant find them you will have to slay the entire team.  Use your judgment about how to handle the survivor.  Usually there is nothing to do but slay the glitched infected person and everyone moves on.  If the survivor was put out of bounds or killed, obviously you can try to fix the situation with teleport or respawn.

• Like 2