Some suggestion(s) to make the server a bit more intense/fun maybe.

D3NNYM41C01MD3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Smoker suggestion(s)

(When a survivor gets pulled, the smoke can move away/around using the regular movement keys.)

I've seen this on some servers before I believe and I think it'd be a great idea to add to the server.

(The closer you are to the survivor, the faster they get pulled in. The further they are, the longer it takes to pull them in.)

Yuhhh...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Hunter suggestion(s)

(When they pounce a survivor, they press crouch key, with maybe a 2 - 3 second delay to jump off the survivor.)

3) General suggestion(s)

The !heal delay, I dislike that it has a 3 second accidental buy protection. how about have a option or something so

players can choose how long they want it for. This accidental buy protection timer has gotten me killed a couple times before.

How about a 3rd server with custom campaigns?

Here's a list of my favorite campaigns :P

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2915  - C (silent fear l4d2)

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/9419  -C (Legoh hard rain)

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2802 -C (Kokiri forest)

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/7672 -C (Deaht mountain)

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2839 -C ( Crash Bandicoot: The Return of Dr. Cortex)

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2441 -c (back to Blood harvest )

http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2524 -C (left 4 mario)

(When a survivor gets pulled, the smoke can move away/around using the regular movement keys.) I've seen this on some servers before I believe and I think it'd be a great idea to add to the server.   (The closer you are to the survivor, the faster they get pulled in. The further they are, the longer it takes to pull them in.)

moving smokers would be too OP methinks, all games would become infinite backtracking to help the last player

...on the other hand horribly-stacked/steam-sale games would end WAY faster.

(When they pounce a survivor, they press crouch key, with maybe a 2 - 3 second delay to jump off the survivor.)

this sounds ok, but whit another key please, i always keep crouch pressed in case the survivor dies so i can jump away before the others  kill me.

making the hunter wait for the jump to recharge would be nice too, wouldnt want the mutt to get away too quickly

This accidental buy protection timer has gotten me killed a couple times before.

how have you died because of the timer? legit curious.

How about a 3rd server with custom campaigns?

servers cost $$$, furthermore is it worth it to have 3 servers runing?

i think we are just ok doing the friday/menber's night thing (been a while since i last saw one tho...)

the first map of the Crash Bandicoot level would suck on ten vs ten, theres a LONG tunel segment (survivors OP)

then theres a CLOSE quarters tank fight (infected OP) which repeats on a later level. the finale also has infinite horde, double tank(irc) AND a timer.

every other map would suck because no death charges LOL

kidding aside, all plataformer maps would be too hard whit 5 smokers/charger/jokeys on the prowl

Edited by anzul

2) Hunter suggestion(s)

I feel like this would be totally unbalanced. People would be getting skydiver in the first minute of the game. 

GC Coalition Member

incapped  survivors should be able to crawl and smokers should be able to walk.

Hunters get way too many points considering the damage they do.

Do smokers get points for how far they pull them . No.

Chargers get extra points for how far they charge a survivor. No

Hunters get points for distance pounce YES. An incredible amount of points.

What is wrong with that picture

I'd say that hitting a high pounce is considerably more difficult to do than smoking or charging someone. I don't think that hunters should be nerfed, maybe just up the points for smokers/chargers. 

• Like 2

Please do not let survivors crawl.  That one feature made me leave another custom server.  Essentially everyone crawled to the saferoom when they were down.  Unless you had hunters pouncing them, you could not stop their progress.  

As for moving smokers, that is OP.  If I can take a risk, smoke someone in the open and then move them to a secluded spot, it really hurts the balance of the game.

I love the vanilla flavor of the server. Like BLuebell's homemade "Natural Vanilla".  I'm lactose intolerant and I will gladly endure a night on the porcelain throne for some Bluebell.  Sometimes I  think it'd be nice to have certain features/abilities/mechanics of other servers, but then I join the other servers to play, and I'm like uhhhhhhh.  Thank god for GC!   We don't need to go down that slippery slope of different color tanks/abiltities, moving smokers, crawling survivors, curving chargers, jumping jockeyed survivors, superhuman survivors, etc.

There's a reason why GC servers are highly popular.  We keep it simple, and we keep it fun, and we always have to carry Architect - he likes to lay in the spit.

vlcsnap-2014-12-10-15h19m00s28_zpsca1c49

• Like 2

I'd say that hitting a high pounce is considerably more difficult to do than smoking or charging someone. I don't think that hunters should be nerfed, maybe just up the points for smokers/chargers.

Yep, I agree. Getting a high pounce is easier said than done.

Hunter players that high pounce often aren't always going to hit that high pounce. They could miss by a lot or by a couple of inches. They could also get their high pounces ruin by a melee shove, gunfire, or even fire. A survivor could die before you get the chance to land on one. Another hunter teammate could beat you to a high pounce victim. A tank teammate could push your high pounce away from a car.

It just feels really rewarding getting that high pounce; especially if you're playing against a tough team, or if you get a target from a bad spot/angle. If a hunter player gets a high pounce on a survivor, then he or she deserves those extra points from it. I think taking away the extra points from getting high pounces would weaken the hunter point wise. Unless survivors are separated/ one is rushing/wandering alone, then you aren't going to get many points from using the hunter.

It's just really satisfying making that leap of faith and being successful :D ..........

..........But it really sucks if you're on the receiving end of a high pounce D:

All the other classes are just point and click...

Hunters require more training.

• Like 1