How do you know...

gOOters

(edited)

im not a old guy.. but i think it is when you feel it. when your with that special someone.. you just know. at least thats what i think.

Thats my 2 cents.

*edit* cant spell

Edited by w1cK3D.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i dunno can't tell ya for sure, I just felt it was time ;)

(edited)

well ..... If you knock her up then its time. i knocked her up twice and i havent made the ultimate commitment yet. but we are engaged (for 2 yrs now). :D:D:Do0o

Edited by THX1138

You should notice a change in priorities and a different outlook on life.

You respect your "possible wife" so much that you don't talk your pals about your "relations" with her.

You are willing to sell your sports car to balance a budget.

You're willing to stick it out....for life.

i never felt it is nessesary to 'tell my pals' whats goin on w. my love life. also the 'knock up' thing is bad advice. just because you have sex doesnt mean ur rdy for marriage.

fatb's last advise is the best....

i gotta agree with Mr Fatty on everything...except this one point.

No woman will ever come between me and my sports car. Lucky for me, my love loves my love of cars...in fact she has said on many occassions that she cannot imagine me w/out one.

Honestly though...when you are with the right one and the time is right, you will have no questions. If you have any doubts at all about her or the time...the its not right and you should wait.

my love loves my love of cars...

Amy misses my car more than I. Something have to go though, in order to take care of the necessary....wasn't about to live in my parent's basement... :rolleyes:

Fatty Posted: Jul 5 2003, 02:27 PM

You should notice a change in priorities and a different outlook on life.
:unsure: I dunno about this one... :(
You respect your "possible wife" so much that you don't talk your pals about your "relations" with her.

I respect her very much. I have never done that ^ with her or any woman.

I am more or less putting one off until I feel comfortable with my budget...funny thing is Christi is so great and knows I want my car so bad she is like..."Oh just go get it, you know you can afford it!" She likes for me to be happy and we are really good to each other.

Once I get married, it will be for life. I'm not down with divorce too much. My parents are divorced. So...I keep looking at that first point and the thing that gets me is that I know I WILL be there at some point. And meanwhile, I don't want to lose someone that I think would be a great match for me...I just don't feel like I am there yet. :(:(o0o

Just make sure your lady doesn't see this thread... Start putting some crazy ideas into her head... :D

Nice thread BTW, i've been with my girl for just a bit over 2.5 years right now... and the question has come up with getting married a couple of times...

Here's another question:

Would you suggest living together before getting married??

If you get engaged, is it ok to move in with each other, just to test the water?

Mags,

IMHO living together before marriage is a definate must. Even if you spend 80% of your time with your prospective wife before marriage, its that last 20% that make or break a marriage. Living with an Ex is what saved me from a failed marriage. That last 20% is the tiems when they don't want to be seen...when their makeup isn't on or their hair looks bad...when they are having a bad day...and when they are themselves. This Ex I lived with was able to put on a false image for me for almost a year, and we prolly spent half of our awake time together. After we moved in, she couldn't hide the fact that she was a heinous witch from me...and I realized who she really was. Thats from the protect yourself spectrum.

The other side is how much fun it is. Living with my girlfriend is the greatest thing in the world. We really act like we are married for all instensive purposes...including finances and major decisions, and this is really the next big step. The other thing, is if you live together you split one rent instead of paying 2. When Carolynn had an apartment, she paid rent on a place that we only went on weekend. Kind of a waste.

Ok, I'm rambling. I think I've made my point...need more coffee to overcome this long Monday.

lol scooter, you don't ask ME about the living with your sig-other before popping the question?!?!?! yeah man, i learned alot about jules that i didn't 100% know once we moved in together. it can be a trying time and can demonstrate whether or not the two of you can make it forever. i surely hope jeff and devyn do the same before they get hitched. there is a big difference between loving someone from a distance (like someone i know's situation) and having them around all the time. i love it, but there are few people otherwise i could do it with...