CT maps...

All right, when your are CT, is it wrong to save 2 hostages and kill the other 2 to win the round? I always thought it wasn't... but yesterday I was playing <YES I REALLY WAS :D> and watched when someone did it. Every admin on T side said the next person who does it gets banned. Now it wasn't just killing hostages at spawn or anything. He saved 2, ran around and killed the other 2 because the guy leading them died. Won us the round. They guy said only one thing to defend himself and that was "It was strategy." And that was followed by, "No it isn't, your banned next time". Ive seen a lot of Mmmm do it before so... whats wrong with it? :huh:

I think it's stupid because part of the game is to rescue the hostages.....would it be fair for T's to plant the bomb anywhere near the bombsite but not actually in the site? I mean the blast would get at least half of the site and that's good enough right?

I like how this game mixes realism and unrealistic aspects....but some ppl take it too far one direction which makes the game silly in my mind (like bunnyhopping or fastswitch). It's not really wrong but takes the balance from the game which makes it less fun.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

fast switch....wowoowowowowo its not like its a script or anything. hud_fastswitch 1....anyone can do it. So plz don't even say thats an exploit.

I don't mean THAT fastswitch....I mean the one with the awp/deagle.....if I understand it reloads the awp faster and gives a slight advantage....am I wrong in that? also supposedly using deagel/awp fastswitch combo you can get great shots while in midair....

heck even I use the fastswitch to get my other weapons out quickly...

:lol:

I just find that sometimes the game gets a little less fun (and that's what it's about right?) when ppl use exploits.

I'd agree there, T's killing hosties when still in origional locations.....dumb.

but what if the CT's are running off with the hosties and you can't get a shot at the CT but can shoot the hostie......would it be fair then?

I've shot through Hostages many times to get my target. But in that situation, Playaa, it would be no advantage to purposely kill the hosty if you could just kill the CT.

I spose it is up to the admin present on the server. As far as I know we have no set policy on this. Maybe we will soon. But I have done it many times. But I could see why some wouldnt want it.

Never tried the fastswitch exploit to get a round into the AWP faster. But I did try the exploit that makes your AWP accurate after you jump... But I must have had it wrong cause It still had no accuracy. Found this out after I had been doing it for awhile (practicing ya know ;)) but tested it out on iceworld and I was WAY off. So I just do it the old fashioned way and come to a complete stop before firing. Cant tell you how many times someone shoots me mid air and I have to breath deeply for a ten count. But that usually does the trick.

yeah I've been massively practicing my awping skills against PODBots (need to bring the pc to work this weekend). So much so in fact that I can't use any guns anymore....I used to be able to go 10:1 against Bots with Colt...but now I maybe go 2:1 with it while my awping has moved from about 10:1 to about 30:1 against Bots.....I rarely miss my first shot......however that won't amount to anything against humans since Bots are VERY predictable in where they'll be in a map and when.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

IT IS NOT AN EXPLOIT....IF YOU BUY A DEAGLE AND AN AWP AND USE LAST INVENTORY TO SWITCH YOUR WEAPONS IT DOES NOT SHOW THE ANIMATION. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN TIMING BECAUSE THAT WAS TAKEN OUT IN 1.4. YOU CAN NO LONGER TRUELY NO SCOPE THE WAY IT USED TO BE. ITS ALL QUICK SCOPES NOW. I CAN 'NO SCOPE ACROSS THE MAP, YOU MIGHT NOT SEE MY SCOPE, BUT I DID PRESS IT FIRST.

oh and on the hosties, just play de maps B)

golly gee!, its ak :o

btw, cs maps suck, but my opinion of the hostie killing is.... if you can do it to win it for your team, then its fine. I just think its TOTALLY lame when the admins say there gonna ban you for it, its part of the game, deal with it.

I jedi people for purposeful hosties killing on the ct side. I kick/ban people for purposeful hostie killing on the T side. You the jerks that run around and kill all the hosties in the first five seconds of the round. Yeah i ban those guys...

btw, cs maps suck, but my opinion of the hostie killing is.... if you can do it to win it for your team, then its fine.  I just think its TOTALLY lame when the admins say there gonna ban you for it, its part of the game, deal with it.

I feel pretty much the same as Draco. Ive been playing cs for quite a while and this strat is almost as old as the game. I say the strat is fine. This is a team and objective based game. This isn't deathmatch, even though some people feel it is. Now, if a T kills hosties, they should be removed from the server, the Ts no longer have the right to lay a finger on hosties. This feature was removed a while back and shooting them wouldnt even benifit the Ts unless they were to massicure all the hosties which would make them have too much of an advantage thus throwing off the balance of the map. So, as a CT strat, it should be ok, but as a way for gaining T advantage... nogood.

Well, it's a flaw in the game then. Do you really WIN as a counter-terrorist if you kill hostages? This is not pacman or missle command.

If you see Mmmm killing hosties, which I doubt, share the names. I've hear this every so often (but I see Mmmm doing it) about various topics, but rarely see any names.

It's like boosting someone through the italy ceiling. It's an exploit. Can you go through ceilings in real life? Would a CT really shoot a hostage in real life? I could give some morbid examples, but I won't.

I'd say it's like this: If you're someone who plays games with sportsmanship, you're probably against hostie executing to win a round. If you do whatever it takes to win, including bend rules, take extra turns when people are looking, or don't count golf strokes that people don't see, then you probably agree with killing hostes to win because hey...in the end you win the round, so that's the most important thing.

answer me this then:

if i were a ct, a terrorist was using a hostie as a shield, i destroy the hostie and terrorist, is that wrong?

i dunno, cs is not a realistic game, i just do what it takes to win.

Here's my take on this:

You do it while I'm playing and you will get the boot. Plain & Simple.

Killing the remaining hosties to win the round just proves one thing to me. That you're a Wuss. Afraid to take the chance of being killed for doing your objective.

If you are a T and kill the hosties. You get the boot.

You guys know I'm pretty lenient about most things. But, this is one place I draw the line.

And no I'm not mad. Just speakin' my piece. :D

hmm I just wanna add this....Some time ago (actualy quite some time ago but anyway it really stuck with me) I was palying on Milita on trop. T's have been camping the house for the last few rounds...We get the first too hosties as CT's but the other two are left in the garage. The t's are all piled in the Garage (well all but 1 i belive) 4 T's left and just me as a CT with time running out. I'm in the front yard with and awp...I have already seen 2 or 3 Ct's go into the Garage and get raped by the 3 camping T's. So my thinking goes. I've got two relistic options.

1. run in with awp in hand and get raped by the T's waiting for me (wich even If I get past I probly won't have time to get them back to spawn)

2. shoot the hosites through the Garage door and win the round for the CT's (and If i'm lucky maybe the T's will stop camping the garage in large numbers)

So what happen after 3 missed shots with my awp I find myslef flying through the air to my death. After I'm dead...and obviously we lost the round (and I've lost my awp) I'm told that what I was doing is unfair. Now granted this server is differn't than the last one I played on...and things that are fair and unfair are decied by the admins. But we could take the relistic view point...no CT would kill a hostage for the better of his comrads (teammates) or for money...he would instead give his dangdest and run in with a ill suted weapon into certain death just so he can say he tryed.

Really you can't make relizm a issue at all. It's a game, you can do some things you can't do others. If you wanna get picky fine...no one is forcing you to play on this server, Rules could be set that you can't stay in one spot for certain amounts of time...whatever. What it comes down to is...It's a stratagy not and exploite, and once again It is part of the game.

then again I could also point out that there were 3 (possible 4) mmmm guys on the T side and none on the CT side, and in the face of maybe losing a round I was quick to be rocked rather than warned...or heaven forbid they try to come out of the camping spot and killed me. But we all know the golden rule....he who has the gold, makes the rules