beef

Guest Smoke

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

Hello folks,

I just want to say that I for one, am getting very very tired of getting the teams uncontrollably stacked "skill" wise not player stacked.

It's far to often that it is me and some other players on the server facing the supposed "l33t" people on the server. It needs to stop. It is ruining my experience on the server, as well as many others I am sure. I say something in server and my plea goes unheard.

In the stats at this very moment I am #3 Smoke and #5 Green.

I can assure you that I did this by always joining the losing side.

I join the hard sides on the map, I join the easy sides, I join any side that needs help. However I can promise you so many of my friends (and I use that term loosely) do not.

I have many screenshots of who the top stackers are on this server, and I would like the stacking to stop. I come to Mmmm, for the great teamplay, atmosphere, nice people, great admins, and so on. But, I find myself as of late, having to leave the server because of these so called l33t people whoring on one side or another.

to clarify, its not 1 person being so good, its 2 people or even 3, or as of late 4 people that are very good at cs, joining the same side.

I call for all of u wannabe's to start thinking about the people u play with day after day. maybe they don't like losing every round, maybe they don't like having there entire team wiped out in 30seconds, maybe just maybe they would like a chance to get a few kills.

A friend I use to play with and respected , had this posted about him in a server I admin on. He was a very good CS player and played long before most of you knew what CS was. I will post it following, and it is what I do when I play, feel free to do what it says at the end, only if you believe as few do.

Smoke.BR :ph34r:

Ever been curious what all the noise about Bladeness is? YOU CAN BE A PART OF IT! It isn't a clan. It's a society based on the highest of principles. You may be a believer of Bladeness and not even know it!

Bladeness is a movement which began with a single man, a man who does not exist, named Blade[iMOC]. Reknown as a warrior who fights for righteousness, justice, the team. A hero among heroes. He died more than anyone else in his time but earned the respect of all - for his courage, his skill, and his beliefs. If you are unaware of what Bladeness is, ask yourself these questions:

1) Have you ever covered someone's back in the middle of a firefight rather than try to steal his kill?

2) Does it irritate you to hide behind a box while your comrades are fighting and dying?

3) Have you ever lead or been at the front of a rush when your team needed to rescue hostages or plant a bomb?

4) Are you not concerned with merely with racking up a few kills, but more with winning the round for the team?

5) Hardest of all, would you ever switch to a losing team for the sake of a challenge? or a sense of wanting to even teams for justice?

If the idea of doing any of these above seem even appealing to you, show that they do! Add ".BB" to the end of your name to show that you're a "Bladeness Believer"

If you put these ideals to practice, feel free to Add ".BR" to the end of your name for you are a "Bladeness Redeemer"!!

Remember, you can add thse to to your clan tags and names. Show your support for the man and his principles!

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

I was there just recently on Aztec and Clan1_mill. I switch on Aztec to even the teams out, but I started on T's thinkin that it was the harder side since they just lost when I joined.

On mill, sry buddy that was all camels doing...he was ct then went T. I would have switched but I was like 25-1 and I eventually switched to even em out when I die. Sry that its ruining your fun, but sometimes its hard to switch when the teams are even or the server is full. I'm trying to take pub cs with a grain of salt right now, and just have fun and playing the harder side is more fun, but sometimes teams just become unbalance when 1 person joins a team. I'll do my best to change for ya in the future, just ask me nicely by name to switch with out swearing at me. :D

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I know this has been posted before, cause I posted it.

This is a problem in many CS communities, It was a problem in the communitiy i played in for the last 3 years before returning to Mmmm.

I post and I repost because I doin't consider it whining, I beleive that is a real problem, one many of the good people don't care about because they get a certain thrill over winning round after round and feeling spacial.

It's funny how the people that said i was crying,whining about this are the very people I see doing it. Lemme say this stackers, I ain't scared of ya, I just am sick of the server dying cause of your whorishness

nuff said,

Smoke.BR :ph34r:

This continues to be a problem. I was playing on dust last night on T side... CT were down a couple of guys and had an afk I think. So I switched. The problem is that if CT play it smart the Ts are going to get frustrated. And thats what happened. CT started winning and winning by wide margins (not my skill but maybe a little strategy).

There is a plugin that will moderate the teams and try to keep them balanced. I dont really care for the idea of a program switching people around but since this continues to be a problem Im going to check it out. After that I will put it before all of Mmmm and we will decide something. Whatever we decide try not to let this get out of hand, and try to keep the teams even.

Thank you.

besides autoteambalance 1 kurtz?

Anyways, I just deleted the posts by people just yappin. If you're not going to discuss the topic, vomit somewhere else. Post by people who have given up all hope and just come in to share their view of the inevitable doom and the solution of quitting were also deleted.

Ya its a plugin that evens teams by skill ranking and it checks those teams every round.The servers that have this seem to have much closer matches.The only real neg. that ive found is since it does this every round it doesnt always give you much notice on being switched over.Ill see if i can find some info on it.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Something that assigns by skill? I'd end up on the team with the highest guy every time. :P

I do really think we need to use something like that (or at least, give it a try.) People just wanna jack their stats (as if they were the most important thing in the world), but I wanna have some fun. No fun if I'm dead within the first 15 seconds.

Uber

Guest Bob
Guest Bob
Guest Bob
Guests
Bad idea. I autoassign mostly and if it lands me on the winning team, I get the boot? Not good.

What that means is if you try to switch to the winning side over and over, you get a wtj kick. (On nerd, if you get switched and try to change back twice it kicks you) I always use auto-assign too, it has no effect on that, except assigning you to the correct team.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I personally would rather just have people switch themselves, and not have a program do it for them. unless there is away for the that program to be disabled while in game i can see many instances where it could end up a bad thing.

smoke.BR :ph34r:

please feel free to add "BR" or "BB" to your name if you support what I posted, maybe in that way something will change.

I personally would rather just have people switch themselves, and not have a program do it for them. unless there is away for the that program to be disabled while in game i can see many instances where it could end up a bad thing.

smoke.BR :ph34r:

please feel free to add "BR" or "BB" to your name if you support what I posted, maybe in that way something will change.

Well if people did that you wouldnt feel that you needed to make this post.

What problems do you see in it?Id be interested in the results for the week before us putting it in, to the week after and see if team scores are closer.No matter what you do people are going to complain because their K:d ratio might be affected.But the fact is the way it is now isnt workin or this topic wouldnt be here.

Good topic I think. I am glad to see that this is shaping into a productive discussion as well. This is a topic that is important to Mmmm, and one of the reasons that our recent Auto-Balance plug-in was initiated.

Keeping Plat. free of team stacking is something that has been recently addressed (about 2 weeks ago) and is a work-in-progress for Mmmm. The solution(s) have begun, and I am confident that one way or another, the teams will become more even in Plat. in the near future.

Thanks for the productive topic Smoke, and to everyone for the thoughtful posts.

I ask that all responses from here on out relate directly to possible solutions and/or software issues. Thanks, Mmmm :)

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

I've been known to commit suicide and switch teams to help out the other team if they are losing badly.

Know this, if the suicide you commit is to switch teams, it does not count against your kill streak or kill to death ratio... It only gives the appearance that it does because it subtracts a kill and adds a death, but if you check your stats you will realize it didn't affect them. :o

I was playing today on plat/de_dust and the teams were stacked against the T's. At one point, it was 4 T's to 8 CT's. Of course mr "Smoke" was flaunting the .BR tag, was leading the CT's in kills yet 2 rounds go by before others had to even the teams.

So much for this ".BR" thing at the end of names.

I'm assuming it means nothing and it was just a ploy to market himself as a "respected" player. What a joke.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Sounds like one of those cases of 'I've got a problem, but why should I have to do something to fix it things.' to me, DJ...

I've switched once or twice when teams were uneven as far as players go. But I don't add much skill to a squad. It just really bugs me when good people make people that aren't so great switch teams when there are plenty of excellent players that could switch to a losing side. *Glances one at Contra* A team with four or five people with kills in the twenties and deaths in the single digits shouldn't send someone whose stats are vice-versa to the losing team just because they want to be with their friends.

I really wish that the admins didn't have to apply any mods that make people do this. I feel that Platinum is filled with great players, most of which have 100% of my respect. And Mmmm provides Platinum as a place for these players to spend their time engaging in CS good-timeyness. I think that attempting to make Platinum a place that people don't feel like they're getting a bum deal should be every player's responsibility. Sort of as a way of giving back to Mmmm for providing them with a clean, cheat-free, fun place to play. That way, newer players don't feel alienated for not being quite so good and getting stuck on a team with other players of their skill against a team of Mmmm's finest. Its not good policy.

Uber

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

If I remember correctly DJ, we were hard pressed as a ct team to win any rounds. and if i remember correctly, terrs were beating us.

however there may have been 2 rounds where the ct's out numbered the terrs. but for me to switch to terrorist, when im leading the ct team in kills and ct's are still losing. would be a totally against what I have been saying.

now assuming im all wrong about this, i don't believe one person complained about the teams.

I think your probably more upset about me razin Mav, in the game.

and this is your weak attempt to discredit me.

Smoke :ph34r: