My goodness

gOOters

I just bought and built a new computer. Its a 2 Gig AMD and 512K PC3200. I am running off my old video card and its a GeIV 4400? Its a 128MB card. I know it is a little bit older, but my DC is running soooooo choppy that I cant even play one player!! When I try to fly the choppers it is like 7 fps or something.

I know that I dont have my computer set up very well. I dont even know what to do. Honestly, I am getting so sick of having a crappy working comp and having to screw with it constantly that I am considering giving up gaming alltogether. I have alot that I am trying to do with my life right now anyway.

So, long question short, why is my DC running at 8 fps? :unsure:

Edited by gOOters

people have been havin problems with the new drivers for nvidea in battlefield have you check any off the bf/dc forums you prb. find more help there.talk to abuss on ts he could point you in the right direction on where to look.

Edited by Kurtz

card shouldn't be the problem, I'm running a GeForce2 GTS Pro 64mb card and Battlefield runs alright. Not great or anything, but I can play smoothly at medium graphics. Even at highest settings with few people online.

Make sure the drivers are all set up correctly, don't really know what else to tell you.

Ea games > bf1942 > mod > which one it is > videodefault

change the above to allow refreshrates, this helped when i could only get 60 because of my monitor setting, i got a lil program that locked it at 100ms, so now in cs i get 100 fps, and in Bf better than 60 most times.

What sound card do you have Goot? I had problems playing Splinter Cell because my crappy onboard sound actually affected the fps (maybe they try syncing the sound and picture so when the sound skipped, it skipped in video as well..dunno). Once I upgraded to my Audigy2, it ran fine.

Homer,Nov 18 2003, 04:08 PM] I'll prolly roll back to the previous drivers myself.  In certain situations I can see through walls or terrain, which actually is more hazardous to me - if I'm in a building and can't see the walls I can't figure out how to get outside!

i was having the same problem. it was hiliarious. :laughcry:

Ea games > bf1942 > mod > which one it is > videodefault

change the above to allow refreshrates, this helped when i could only get 60 because of my monitor setting, i got a lil program that locked it at 100ms, so now in cs i get 100 fps, and in Bf better than 60 most times.

couldnt find video default. and yes, I accidently bought the NForceII mobo with built in sound. waiting to upgrade my sound card :-/