The old school console got me thinking...

Hitman

(edited)

What consoles do you own? How many games do you have? What was the one game you simply couldn't shut off when you first got it?

I have:

NES

NES top loader

SNES

Game Boy (the old, huge, gray kind)

Game Boy Pocket (ice blue, baby!)

Game Boy Color

Game Boy Advance (non-SP)

Game Gear (my only Sega product)

PlayStation

N64

Game Cube

XBox

I have no idea how many games I have, only have 2 GCN games, tons of XBox games (most of 'em suck), mostly N64 and SNES games though.

I'd say I couldn't stop playing Perfect Dark, so fun.

Edited by Hitman

NES (origional release, got it at Christmas of that year...by the end of Christmas break I had a blister on my thumb that was half an inch tall)

GameBoy (the huge gray one)

Sega Genesis

N64

Sega Dreamcast

the game I couldn't EVER stop playing was Shining Force 2 for the Sega Genesis....funniest part is that to this day i STILL never owned the game....I just made mom rent it 100's of times.....could NEVER find a copy of the game for sale......EVER!

those Shining Force games BLEW AWAY Final Fantasy.

and Perfect Dark blows

:)

I have:

NES

SNES

Game Boy (the old, huge, gray kind)

Game Boy Pocket (ice blue, baby!)

Game Boy Color

Game Boy Advance (non-SP)

Game Gear (my only Sega product)

N64

Game Cube

NINTENDO ALL THE WAY cept for my GameGear, which i LOVED but i lost it :(

(edited)

Yeah Zeab! I just re-ordered a subscription to Nintendo Power, which I haven't gotten in years. They were giving away a free GCN disc with 4 Zelda games on it with a subscription so I couldn't resist.

Edited by Hitman

NES

SNES

Game Boy Pocket

Game Boy Color

Gamecube

Playstation

Playstation 2

About 50 games total, mostly NES, SNES, and Playstation though.

Game I couldnt shut off : Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past for SNES.

Gunny

I think Perfect Dark was the best game for N64... you had the fun story line which was damn good. Then you have the Custom Combat thingy where you just had fun with bots and/or your friends, it truly was a paradice!  o0o

Someone who understands!!!

It's like the classic Goldeneye, only on fire, going 100 mph being chased by ninjas! The multiplayer cutomization was truly the best. I've yet to find a console FPS that matches it.

Rock on Hitman. Golden eye was Perfect Dark's predecessor. I don't know why they don't make games like Perfect Dark where you could just pick all your settings (guns, players, maps, etc), and just kill eachother over and over again, ya know how much funner it would be on a ps2/x-box engine, heh.

perfect dark was just a ripoff of Goldeneye with a few upgrades...they even reused some of the exact same levels.

and now that I think about it I don't think Perfect Dark was the game I'm thinking of that "blows".

what was the game that you needed the "expansion pack" to make your graphics better? It was a game kinda like Goldeneye/Perfect Dark....can't remember the name.

either way...on N64 NO GAME could beat Goldeneye/Mario Kart/Mario 64.....3 best games (all tie for first) on possibly the best console of all time.

perfect dark was just a ripoff of Goldeneye with a few upgrades...they even reused some of the exact same levels.

Hehe, that's why I liked it so much! :P I LOVED Goldeneye, but I'd say there's more than a few upgrades though. Completely revamped multiplayer, you could even choose where in the level you wanted your customly-chosen guns to appear based on which slot you put them in. And who could forget all the choices of bots there were!

what was the game that you needed the "expansion pack" to make your graphics better?  It was a game kinda like Goldeneye/Perfect Dark....can't remember the name.
Perfect Dark looks like crap without an expansion pack, I'll give you that one. It only supports 2 players (pretty sure) and only a few levels.

That would be Ocarina of Time.

OoT - awesome game! *drool*

Mario 64
Best platformer I can think of ATM... -_-

ya know how much funner it would be on a ps2/x-box engine, heh.

You just blew my mind!

(edited)

I have/had

ATARI

NES

COMMADORE(lol, lots of awesome games on that old computer)

GAMEGEAR

SNES

GENESIS

SEGA CD

PLAYSTATION

N64

PS2

XBOX

My favorite was probably the nes, I still have over 35-40 games for it

Edited by NOFX

TeK
(edited)

I used to/still own

NES

SNES

Genesis

GAMEGEAR

like 31296132964 gameboys and all their versions

PSX

N64

dreamcast

PS2

Goldeneye was 398512398751238907510375018375098135 TIMES better than perfect dark and thats only because my friends and I would do License to Kill mode on like 2 or 3 maps and it would be a race to see who could kill more people(as in US THE PLAYERS spawning after death) before they spawn (Yes, we memorized the spawn points because that would be the only way u could win and we were quite bored one day :/ ).

Game I couldn't put down? Any of the Final Fantasy's. I remmeber playing 1 for NES and got so frustrated with it I think I threw it accross the room and it shattered in 2 :/ . FF4 still remains my favorite followed by either 7 or 8(Yes u can bash me for hating 8 but I enjoyed it to its fullest extent only because squall and seifer were badass and I loved the story).

My worst game memory would have to be selling my mint chrono trigger to my friend for 40 dollahs. Worst mistake I ever made. I still own FF2 and 3 and zelda for SNES but thats about it and a couple of N64 games I think goldeneye,first zelda, and mario64.

Edited by TeK