lowered s10

NOFX

k well, in this pic its not a s10 but its a sonoma. I have a s10 and if I have enough $$$ after x-mas im going to do a 2/3 drop.

look at the before drop and after drop pictures of this sonoma and tell me if you think it looks better. In my opinion the 2/3 drop looks standard and the stock pic look like its jacked up a bit.

STOCK

2/3 drop

lmfao what is it with trucks nofx? my friend irl lowers his s10...

he has a system in it, air suspension, and street glow. This kid is loaded, but it is beyond my knowledge to why he went with a lowered truck if he had the money?!! lmao his mom payed for the suspension so he wouldnt go to a catholic school, haha.

I have two different friends with F-150s. One has a reg cab with a 5.4 V-8 and 18" rims, another has a silver X-cab with a V-8 and Lightning rims.

They both went with small drops, I think it makes the truck look nice and a little more sporty if done correctly (mildly). :)

2-3 inches looks nice, not overdone.

yea man that is what im saying, I dont want to the truck to be a low rider, i just want it to look good. And Im not going with high priced aftermarket wheels either, Im probably going with these nicer factory wheels click

I also dont want to make the truck look awesome or anything, I just dont want it to look like a pos. Cuz the wheels it has on it now look like spare wheels.

and for you guys that dont understand why you would drop a truck, just a little. I just want to ask you why would have a computer case like THIS keep in mind mine is just like that but blue.

all I can say is....get a car and leave the truck to a real man who'll use it for it's purpose

we all have our taste in automobiles, if i wanted a car I would have bought one. And not to mention that im a college kid that moves once a year. So It will help me out alot more than a car.

Edited by NOFX

Click

Just found these for a steal, so i had to buy them. They came with lugs and caps, and they are about 80 dollars cheaper than the other sets that dont include caps or lugs. Only shady thing is, He has 0 feedback and just registered. But its OK, I might drive to pick them up.

yeah I still haven't figured out the computer case thing either.

I have a $20 case with some holes cut in it with a dremmel and some extra fans...stays plenty cool.

as for the truck comment...I was just playin with ya.

:P

NOFX, you think just like I do. Seems like you will get alot for a little by getting those rims and maybe dropping just an inch or two. Nice and simple is the key.

heh..yea Thos rims aren't really nice or anything but are about 10x nicer than what I have and they only cost $140. Now depends on what I think it looks like, I might get that 2 drop in the front and 3 drop in the rear after x-mas. a 2/3 on a s-10 wont make it look like a low rider, it will just get rid of that wheel gap. Parts should cost me about 200 and Im sure i can find someone to install it for less than 100, maybe 50 bucks if Im lucky.

Hopefully after i get this stuff done, it wont look like a piece anymore. I mean its a 99 s-10 but it's probably the kind made for farm use. here is the wheels it has now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2449151971

Edited by NOFX

I know when I had my mustang I went with some custom ARE rims and some hoosier 195/50's and it dropped my car drastically. Many of the shops around town told me they wouldn't do work on it when I went to have it serviced though. They said they wouldn't do work on a vehicle that has been lowered that much. I told them and told them it wasn't lowered and that it was all from the rims and tires, finally I got someone to take my word for it and once they got it up on the lift they were like "Huh, I guess you weren't lying about not lowering it."

actually it's against the forum rules to have an image in your sig...but so few people try it here that when it happens it usually slides.

I think by this point no one really remembers it's against the rules...they just might notice that nearly nobody has an image in the sig.

I remember when this forum was first created and that rule was made...we had people being forced to remove them left and right.