FF04 Game Selection

Crowbar

First off, please do not respond to this thread unless you are planning on being at FragFest 2004.

Second, please keep your suggestions serious. We are really only entertaining playing games that a chunk of the community already has/plays. Suggestions can be made for a lesser-known game, but lets try to keep the topic focused on the list of core games in the community.

So far as I know, the possible games for FF04 are as follows:

1. Counterstrike (shall it be 1.5, or 1.6?)

2. Call of Duty

3. Desert Combat (or some other mod for BF1942?)

4. America's Army

Lets start with tournament play. It has been assumed that there will be a CS tourney, however, for this thread, lets not assume anything.

What tourney(s) would you participate in?

How many shall we have available?

Are there other games that should be added to the possibilities?

My vote:

America's Army tournament.

The game is free, and can be distributed easily. Playing in small teams in a LAN environment would be very fun!

CoD tournament.

I don't have the game yet, so I'll leave any specifics to someone else.

I, for one, could easily let CS rest in peace and I think DC would be much more fun in one huge pick-up game than in a small team tournament.

I'm CS and CoD...plus I'll play AA if people want to.

I'd also like to get some games on that aren't quite normal...maybe some racing games or something that's NOT a first person shooter?

actually...I wonder if anyone is up for a nice big game of Axis and Allies or some other game like that (I've never played it but always wanted to)

Has there ever been a car game as fun to play or as cool to drive as the original Carmaggedon? We have that in our archives somewhere...but the only problem is that it's DOS based, which means 1/2 hour of troubleshooting (if not more) for some people.....at FF01, many couldn't even get it to run.

What about motorcycles? Did they ever make a multiplayer RoadRash? That would be awesome!

actually...it would be a BLAST to get a big screen set up like last year and have an N64 set up with Mario Kart and Goldeneye...think we could pull that off?

(I can bring the N64 and 2 controllers)

or maybe go with Gamecube and Mario Kart Double Dash and get 16 people playing with 8 teams...:D

If we need any hardware/software as far as console gaming goes, just let me know. I've got enough systems and controllers and such to go around and everything. I'd love to get a big console gaming fest going on. It would at least give people a break from mouse/keyboard a little while. :D

Oh man Goldeneye. I used to know every spawn in order on like 2 levels and would kill you before u respawned. License to Kill mode is a must. Oh man some fun times with that game.

Playing something other than an FPS would be pretty cool. I just got Need for Speed: Underground, and I've briefly talked with some of the other guys who play it about having it at FragFest. I've only done one race, actually, a free roam mode, not even a race. But it's a great looking game, and a LAN race would be fun. However, since it costs money, Need for Speed III could be fun. It's like $5 at walmart. EA even had a free version you could play online at their website, last I checked. Not sure if it's a download that would work on LAN though.

How big a game of 007 can you get? I always kinda liked that game, though the controls are a bit frustrating at first.

BUT, as I stated in the first post, lets talk about TOURNAMENT games primarily. I think we'll have a lot of games to choose from at FF04, both on PC and off. But the purpose of this thread is to determine what games we'll have organized play for.

Apparently CS will still be one. I'm not organizing that, CS is for nubs. :twitch:

What other games do we want organized play on, if any?

ok i say we have a "WAR" in DC, so maybe have 2 32 man servers set up dedicated? if we could?

CS have a tournament,

AA have 8 v 8 tournaments (need to update and maybe reinstall? for me)

CoD don't have game yet,

Alright, I've been appointed to organize the tournaments for FragFest. I'm gonna need some help. Anyone who's coming, and wants to organize a tournament for a particular game (like, say, the N64 players) post up your interest, PM me, or IM me (Playboy JL).

ooh I DEFINATLY think we have a Mario Kart challenge going on.

I'm not claiming supremety...but I know that at college I was undefeatable...

so it's ON!

we need a 4 man bracket style tourney, top two from each game go on...final match is best of 3 races.

I would say in tourney play valid shortcuts like the hole in the wall are fine...but jumping off the track onto a lower section of the track aren't really built in shortcuts...and just because it's in the game doesn't make it fair

:P