Help for a 13 year old?

Silver-Bullet

Before this, i dont want people saying your to young to start working out...blah blah blah

ok so i am really fat...but not weight wise but i have a huge beer belly..i want to lose it and get muscle..

so i was thinking this

Monday-Arms/shoulders/chest

Tuesday-Stomache

Wedsnday-Legs

Thursday-Arms/shoulders/chest

Friday-Stomache

Saturday-Legs

Sunday-Rest

Does that seem about good...

ill also eat much better...so i think i could lose the gut by the summer if i keep it up...

You don't wanna hear it but you need to hear it

You're too young to work out. You can cause permenant life changing injury to yourself smarty.

But, if your problem is that you have a beer belly type thing (hopefully not from beer) then I sugguest you start jogging/running or some other type of Aerobic sport. Lifting weights not really great at losing fat, its builds muscle. If you wanna loose the pudge, then you need to do something else.

(edited)

Go jog and eat better quality foods. Start doing push-ups and chin ups and deep knee bends for your muscles. This will get you ready for the weights.

If you do all of this, by the time you are 16, you will be leaner and stronger than most of your peers. Start hitting the weights when you are 15 or 16.

Edited by gOOters

yeah, definatly do running and aerobic type things

HOWEVER!

if done properly he CAN work out and not hurt himself.

my best friend was a chubby kid and started working out with his brother when he was 12. By the time he was 15 he could bench press 215lbs. And he wasn't even that large of a guy...just well toned. He was only 5'9" (in fact I think he stopped growing at 5'10") and only about 160lbs. He is 21 now and hasn't worked out in years but his body maintained the general build he PUT into it (he was never a "buff" guy before but now he still looks buff even though he's gained some fatty weight)

but then again...I don't really recommend it bukket...just do cardiovascular workouts and be heatlhy...no need to be toned and muscled

running helps mucho amounts. work up to it though, sprints wont help overly much, but long distance will help endurance as well as lose weight. nice steady pace is hard for some people to maintain, i myself hate it, i feel like i need to sprint all the time :( .

cardio is great. for the belly, do jacks, as well as sit ups.

if you want a good arm strengthener, attempt to do handstand pushups! up against a wall, its only your own body weight you are pushing up. Good good stuff.

eh, what do i know...only thing i do is play soccer 5 months a year, and sit on my arse the rest :P

Mountain Biking works your whole arms (more than you think), both legs (of course) and gets you into shape very fast.

I went basiclly a whole year without doing much of anything, then i got int mtn biking went just about everyweekenf between 10-20 miles for about 2 months and i never felt better. Ive been going every chance ive had since and its amazing how when i started steep trails i could never get up before i can now do them without thinking.

Of course this only works it you have nice trails threw the woods and stuff, or u could take up road biking ( :rolleyes:)

just my 2 cents :)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I've waited till I'm 16 (actually still waiting till Summer, just because of a price deal..) to start weights. Just stay active so you're pretty lean then start some weights after that.

Most important thing is diet.... watch out for things like Fries and Coke.

WEIGHT LIFTING BEFORE U HAVE STOPPED GROWING....WILL HURT YOUR GROTH PLATES

there are several kids in my school that were jacked freshman year and lifted alot and have grown an inch since, it is much better to just run for an hour a day and do alot of pushup and situp (alottttttt)

I feel it would be a travesty not to mention hiking. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, it gets your body used to walking places (and daily running, which is a plus). The problem is it's a gateway hobby...It could lead to backpacking, camping and other outdoorsy things. An added plus: Backpacking does a lot of great leg work, and I don't think it'll result in any long-term damage (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Scouts was one of the greatest things for me -- Hiking did a lot.

Of course, that requires a (minimum of 1) buddy who knows something about hiking (Scouts worked for me -- btw, never hike alone), hiking trails (big mountains are perfect) and a dedicated half-day at minimum (time...). However, I think it'd be great for a kid your age.