Calling all mixologists

Crowbar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I'm only 21 and I don't own a house but I do entertain a lot and fashion myself as quite the skilled party entrepreneur. You need to learn what mixes well together and then just make stuff up as you go along. There are obviously the staples; Screwdriver, Rum and Coke (or Diet), Gin and Tonic, you bought a book so there are plenty more to list there. I have made up a few drinks as I have gone along that have become party staples.

Blue Rajah

First, I feel like I should have a disclaimer about this drink. Do NOT under ANY circumstances make this drink if the people who will be drinking it have to drive/go anywhere/appear sober. This drink tastes absolutely amazing and tastes nothing like alcohol so it will do some crazy damage. Also, drinking games with this beverage can be quite volatile. I made this drink at a party I had once and my brother ended up passing out face down in a weenieley bush. Now, here we go:

Gatorade Frost Blue - Get the powder mix stuff. Comes in a plastic Kool Aid like container. It's like $6

Sugar

Everclear - The larger the better

Vodka - See above. ^

Lemon Juice

Ice

Water

Big Punchbowl

Large Pitcher

This is all going to depend on the size of your punchbowl in the end but I will just do some guesstimating. Mix approximately half of a fifth (375ml) of everclear and 375ml of vodka in the large pitcher. Once it is stirred up a bit add some lemon juice. Put the gatorade mix in the bottom of the punchbowl but spread it out so its not all in one spot. Add the mixed alcohol to the mix and stir til consistency is Gatorade like. Fill the punch bowl with cold water and add some ice. Now taste it. If you can taste the alcohol, add water and more gatorade mix. If you can't taste the alcohol, add more everclear. Rinse and repeat the last few steps until you are drunk. Hehehe.

Like I said, be careful with that one. It WILL mess you up. Adding alcohol to gatorade in any way will because of the electrolytes. If that is not your style there is always Jager Bombs or Dead Nazis.

Shoot, I don't care if thread is year old...I'd never posted, so I thought I'd give it a shot (pun?).

Anyways, I did think of one mixed drink we used to make in college to get the party rollin'

It's called Black Dahlia; the ingredients are cheap, but tasty:

5-6 oz. of lemon juice

2 liter bottle lemon/lime soda

blue, red, green food coloring

1 bottle bacardi 151

dry ice

mix all ingredients in large bottle or punch bowl, add food coloring until it is inky black.

pour over dry ice to keep super cold...

enjoy.

i dunno if its already been suggested or not but sour ammerrto's are my favorite

also, sup crowbar, is this the same crow that was friends with ummm word and that other guy (they both went off to the military i think), i thank way back i was in a clan wit u

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
Some good vodka and Orange Juice is always good.

One of the best out there from what I hear is Orange Soda with McGullicutty's Vanilla Schnapps. Tastes like an orange creamsicle. :)

Gunny :peace:

Screwdrivers are awesome. You should try some vodka mixed with squirt though. In the right proportions, squirt nearly kills the taste of the vodka.

One of the best out there from what I hear is Orange Soda with McGullicutty's Vanilla Schnapps. Tastes like an orange creamsicle. :)

Screwdrivers are awesome. You should try some vodka mixed with squirt though. In the right proportions, squirt nearly kills the taste of the vodka.

Why are you drinking liquor if you don't like the tast...? Or is that you are trying to HIDE the taste so your victims don't know...

For a great vodka...tasting, that is...try Vox and Grey Goose. Good flavor, good straight, good cold.

Half anf half is the only measurement you'd pretty much need to know...

Orange Juice a Jager is tastey... even better if you add other juices to the drink like pinapple, mango...etc etc

Jager bombs are awsome...

My favorite shot is liquid cocaine

1/2 oz Bacardi 151

1/2 oz Goldschlager

1/2 oz Jagermeister

Why are you drinking liquor if you don't like the tast...? Or is that you are trying to HIDE the taste so your victims don't know...

For a great vodka...tasting, that is...try Vox and Grey Goose. Good flavor, good straight, good cold.

he prolly jsut like the drunk half of drinking

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

Alcohol is one of the most foul substances known to man. Were it not for the fact that it got you drunk, I'd never even touch the stuff :). I can't drink any liquors straight. I guess I don't have that aquired taste yet. They're all like rubbing alcohol to me lol.

I really like Skyy vodka. Even if it is cheaper it still seems smother to me then some of the more expensive vodka's.

Alcohol is one of the most foul substances known to man. Were it not for the fact that it got you drunk, I'd never even touch the stuff smile3.gif. I can't drink any liquors straight. I guess I don't have that aquired taste yet. They're all like rubbing alcohol to me lol.

I will agree that Mohawk is the foulest stuff on the face of this earth.

It has been a while since I have had vodka and squirt. I have only known of one person to recommends this concoction. I wouldn’t say that it kills the taste but I will agree that it lead to an interesting winter carnival. I am glad that unlike my other friend you didn't recommend Mohawk blue label with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Checking back into this topic after 2 years...my tastes have changed a bit.

Still enjoy the occasional beer, but I have found some new great things to drink!

Ron Mulata or Havana Club white rums (not availible in the U.S. because of embargo) with Coke (Afri-Cola works the best, but you can only get it in Germany...has more caffine than Red Bull and is less sweet than Coke, it's the best for mixing cola drinks) and a twist of lime are great...the so-called "Cuba Libre". Classic, awesome drink. Bacardi and Captain Morgan are pretty terrible compared to most Cuban\Jamacian\Carribean rums.

Jager Bombs are great, just remember to keep the Jager in the freezer because it is smoother when cold (and it won't freeze because of the high alcohol content). The hungarian Red-Bull knockoff "Bomba" tastes exactly the same and is half of the price, yay!

Gin and Tonics, with a lemon or lime twist are good.

Ouzo and Jack Daniel's are my favorite sippin' drinks.

And here's one to impress the ladies:

"Carrot Cake" - Equal parts Goldschlager, Bailey's, and Buttercup liquor. Tastes just like carrot cake! Hooray!

I'm gonna write down a bunch of these suggestions. Hopefully the girls I'm going out with tonight don't see the cheatsheet. :)

Anyway, here are a few good 'uns that I usually order:

Midori sour (tastes like jolly ranchers). Midori + sour mix + splash of soda.

White russians (tastes like heaven). Kalhua + vodka + cream

Vanilla stoli and coke. Bacardi 151 + Baby formula. (just seeing if you're paying attention).

Back in college, UV Blue and Sprite was a delicious combination, and very potent.