Respect?

Mmmm used to have respect. They used to kick when needed, ban when needed, and moderate appropriately. But changing my fire button's bind, changing my name, that is taking it too far.

I had respect for Mmmm, and for how they ran their server. For three years, in fact, I respected them.

But when they stop respecting their players, I stop respecting them.

Get a life, guys, and get real.

Show some respect.

Your fighting a losing battle duffy. Your not the only one who has experienced this and you definately won't be the last. I know how you feel.

Yes duffman(quack)...I hear you...

Also taking it easy having a lil fun never hurts...its game after all

Besides could u be more specific plz? when and where was that disrespect displayed?

I'm sure it is all in good fun...all you have to do is go to another server...its just a game man.

**Edit - got in trouble for this comment ^_^ **.

Last guy who complained about this just got verbally abused.

Of course no one ever does it to me.

Edited by ConGregation

Get a life, guys, and get real.

Speaking of no respect.

I do understand what your trying to say, but their may be a little more classy way to post it. :unsure:

P.S. If its that big of a deal to you... read only?

Making your config read-only only prevents permanent changes to your config.cfg. While in game, the settings are kept in memory I believe and to revert an admin_exec command, you'd have to re-exec your config.cfg. Not really that difficult a thing to do (one simple console command) but why should someone have to do that?

When I play CS, I do it to have fun. What I enjoy is playing the game of CS. I like the team-based objectives, I like working together with my team to meet them. While never having experienced it, I am sure I would not enjoy having an admin, who is "just trying to have fun", mess around with my settings, teleporting me, rocketing me, slapping me, burying me, etc. Response are "man, we're just having a little fun, get a sense of humor. But the "fun" is at the expense of someone who is obviously not having fun. Others around are enjoying it, but it is still at the expense of someone else.

such a different reaction to duffman than the guy in this thread but its about the same thing... i wonder why :huh:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=10808

anyways. Duff take er easy man. Its gonna come down to you getting over this and continuing to play on Mmmm's servers or you leaving. The choice of course is yours. After all these years...

this is our server we wanna do whatever we want
- Bigshaw

Hope ya stick around man, would be a shame over something so small and unimportant.

Well, I am glad to see some respect being issued here.

As was stated in the link All Killer gave, many players come to play the game of CS, which involves careful planning of what stuff to buy which rounds, where to go when, etc. Part of playing cs is being able to shoot your gun. When you click the button to shoot and it says stupid things and doesn't fire a bullet, that isn't fun. At all. What is worse is when you tell the admin (who never identified him/herself, although only two were on, and I doubt it was BigShaw) to stop and they do/say nothing to change your config back, and instead change your name. I was upset about the fire bind being changed so they changed my name to something like "Quack- whine more plz" or something. Perhaps on S-T's old server, or some random dumb pub, I would expect such childish abuse, but not on a server mostly run by full grown adults who have children and wives and lives of their own.

I apologize Linch for the line getting a life, but childish acts from grown up people suprise me. BigShaw may do something like that out of fun, but he would also sit there and openly laugh at me, and change it back upon request. That I don't mind. It is the anon bind/name changes that are laughed at only by the one person doing it that I don't like.

I will likely continue to play the trop, because it has been a place to find old friends for a very long time now. However, I see that no longer are all the people on the trop my friends, which saddens me. <_<

such a different reaction to duffman than the guy in this thread but its about the same thing... i wonder why  :huh:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=10808

anyways. Duff take er easy man. Its gonna come down to you getting over this and continuing to play on Mmmm's servers or you leaving. The choice of course is yours. After all these years...

this is our server we wanna do whatever we want
- Bigshaw

Hope ya stick around man, would be a shame over something so small and unimportant.

The difference in action there was because the guy is a donkey and didn't deserve better....as for this situation Duffman is a long time reg who's issues and concerns are important to Mmmm.

Second, that quote of me is true....but I said it to some kiddo who asked the question about "Why do u guyz have these stupid rules etc..." and I couldn't be bothered or wanted to spend my time to explain it to him if he is not mature enough to understand in the first place....he ended up banned anyhow :)

PS: To Duffman....the issue is being closely looked now in private .gc forums...I hope your opinion will be changed as well as issues resolved concerning the adming of OUR servers. :hug:

(edited)

Bah. Fact is Trop is a pub. Yes it's a very well run pub, but it's still a pub. It's not CAL or anything else. So as for this "careful planning of what to buy and where to go" business, I really doubt that's the case. Most people just buy what they can afford and go where everyone else went (or the opposite direction if they're a nub/hero boy). In any case, the admins do it as a joke to people that are either A) being punks or B ) people they think won't mind.

So in reality all they're saying when they do it is either, You're a jerk, leave. or You're a good sport, let's have some laughs. Whichever way you take it is up to you.

Anyway, I'm not an admin, lol but when I see a thread like this, I just have to think to myself "Good lord it's a GAME. Chill out." It's happened to me before, it'll happen again, and I still won't care lol.

BTW if any moderators feel that any part of this post was out of line, feel free to edit/delete it. I just wanted to voice an opinion on this subject since it seems that several people would do well to simply loosen up a bit.

Edited by NyxErinyes

The difference in action there was because the guy is a donkey and didn't deserve better....as for this situation Duffman is a long time reg who's issues and concerns are important to Mmmm.

That guy had a legitimate beef. No one EVER offered to explain or apologize. He may have been a pain in the past but in that situation it was unwarranted abuse. At least that is what I it looks like to me from just reading the topic.

Bah. Fact is Trop is a pub. Yes it's a very well run pub,  but it's still a pub. It's not CAL or anything else. So as for this "careful planning of what to buy and where to go" business, I really doubt that's the case. Most people just buy what they can afford and go where everyone else went (or the opposite direction if they're a nub/hero boy). In any case, the admins do it as a joke to people that are either A) being punks or B ) people they think won't mind.

So in reality all they're saying when they do it is either, You're a jerk, leave. or You're a good sport,  let's have some laughs. Whichever way you take it is up to you.

Anyway, I'm not an admin, lol but when I see a thread like this, I just have to think to myself "Good lord it's a GAME. Chill out." It's happened to me before, it'll happen again, and I still won't care lol.

BTW if any moderators feel that any part of this post was out of line, feel free to edit/delete it. I just wanted to voice an opinion on this subject since it seems that several people would do well to simply loosen up a bit.

It is still blatant admin abuse. I am sure that Mmmm (being one for quite awhile myself) is not resentful for such posts but even thankful, so things can be addressed and ultimately a better run server because of it.

That guy had a legitimate beef. No one EVER offered to explain or apologize. He may have been a pain in the past but in that situation it was unwarranted abuse. At least that is what I it looks like to me from just reading the topic.

Rev...joining the rage against the machine, picking away as a public defendent. Tek, always ready, hanging out...never hear much until it's time to toss a jab in.....

How do we define your roles here? What would we call it? What have we always said about people posting in the banned/complain/admin threads who aren't involved?

Rev, I was very clear about that episode with Austin. No reason, no warrent, nothing. It was plain jane abuse. I abused him. Do you understand now? How many different ways can I say it?

As for this topic, sounds like there needs to be a little more up on the table here and that the people directly involved are here, although has the party who exec'd identified themself out here in public?

Vain, I made a new thread with your topic.

BTW,

Yes, we are discussion this in our private forums. Realignment is always part of aging. I would ask that people, ESPECIALLY those that aren't inovled directly, remain constructive, please.

Sorry if my comments were seen as non-constructive. I truly didn't mean them as just a "fanning the flame" post. It just seems that for a game that we all play, supposedly for fun on a non-competitive server, it seems that some people would do well to loosen up a bit. Yes it's admin abuse, but it's meant in good-natured jest, or to deter people who already have a history of being a pain. In the former case, I don't really see why people aren't just good sports (unless their just in a bad mood that day or something) since it's just a game and supposedly, stats don't matter. To the latter category, well who cares, the objective is to get them to leave anyway.

Anyway, my apologies if I sounded inflammatory. Truly not meant that way. This is the last I'll say on the subject.

-C'yall!

Rev...joining the rage against the machine, picking away as a public defendent. Tek, always ready, hanging out...never hear much until it's time to toss a jab in.....

How do we define your roles here? What would we call it? What have we always said about people posting in the banned/complain/admin threads who aren't involved?

Was thinking about this today at work and your right about this. Its none of my business. It would just appear that this problem isn't going away. That would be due to not seeing everything about the situation. That combined with the "go to another server" responses cause my fragile psyche to overreact and stick my nose in private matters. For this I apologize.

Rev, I was very clear about that episode with Austin. No reason, no warrent, nothing. It was plain jane abuse. I abused him. Do you understand now? How many different ways can I say it?

Maybe I missed this before. I was pretty sure the guy never received a public apology but again I must have just missed it. All I saw was posts verbally attacking the guy. So, again, from what I could see publicly it looked bad.

But all is fine on my end. I never doubted Mmmm would handle this in the right fashion. But even when I was 'in the family' I had a tendency to act like this so please, take my actions with a grain of salt and show leniency to this poor soul.

^_^

Tek, always ready, hanging out...never hear much until it's time to toss a jab in.....

You are correct I don't post much around here anymore, when I do sometimes its posting constructive criticism or sometimes helping others. I was merely stating to Mr. Duffman that he wasn't the first who has been abused nor would be the last. I can definately see where ur comment is coming from and for this I apologize about it.

Now I can see your side of the argument saying I only come in here and post just to throw in a quick "jab" as you like to call it and sometimes yes I do that, I'll be the first to admit it without you pointing it out. I'm not that narrow minded in thinking I'm correct and your not.

Have I been directly abused by your admins? Yes. Do I keep it to myself and leave the server once it does happen? Yes. There is no reason for me to come in here and start a huge argument and have it escalade into myself getting banned as well as the possibility of others throwing in their 2 cents only resulting in their banning. It happened once and I refuse to let it happen again.

I appreciate the fact you go into your private forums and discuss this and are able to get to the bottom of the case at hand, it shows you do care about your regulars and want to show them the same respect you request from them while playing. It's equality we all hope for while playing. Nobody is perfect and yes we all do make mistakes, its a fact of life, I commened you and your fellow mates at trying to keep the server as clean as you can.

I stated my comment with the mentality of whats gone on in the past. I also remember the post created in your Banned forums about how you would start admining the server again(Way back in the day) and I commened you greatly on it due to it clearing up a lot of un-answered questions many had and at the time the servers had a positive turn around. Theres a fine line between having fun and being serious, ones joy will be anothers misfortune. The old saying of you can never make everyone happy is true in any case. Your always going to have your haters and your followers regardless of any decision you make. People's mentality change but as a whole you aim to please everyone in here which is a very tough task to do.

Times change, personalitys change, things change. This is true for everyone. You adapt to the changes and move forward.

If this posts disagrees with your posting guidelines then by all means delete it. If this post entitles me to be warned or in the worst case scenario banned then I'm sorry to those individuals. To anyone I happened to offend by this, sorry. Maybe I have enlightened a few of you on certain things. This was for me and me only. A personal apology will go out to Fatty if I have truly offended him.

Finito.

Jonathan "TeK" Siegfried

Ok let me step up to the plate...

Duffman, I was doing the execclienting and the reason behind it was simple....FUN. Yestoday afternoon we were having a blast, after some fun maps like glocker/scoutz we went to aztec...then you (Quack?) started constantly asking for glocker again ...and I mean like 3-5 times in a row you keep calling out my name and "ordering" glocker as if I owed you some. Now after couple of polite responses from me that technically stated "Maybe later" "Yeah I could put up a vote" and etc...you still keep yipping about glocker this time more boldly and by this I mean something along the lines of " GLOCKER SHAW!! NOW!!"

Given that I was in a very good mood and somewhat started to get a lil bit annoyed by you constant demanding I decided to calm you down. I binded you fire key to "BANG! btw I'm asking alot"...and first thing next round I did is bind it back. Now your reaction as I could tell was pretty much along the lines of "Oooo I'm mad now".

Although I admit that wasn't the most efficient/appropriate way to give out a warning but back then I was having a really good time and gg going so at that moment I decided it would ok.

Now your next reaction was to start whining on how NOT COOL it was to do that to you and how "red faced mad you are now" at this point...again out of loughs I decided to push u bit more just to see how more red faced can you get....I did it by changing you name to "Quack? - whine much?" at this point you really got p*ssed said something like "this is the way you want to treat me? bah I'm outta here"

Now I must say no disrespect was intended here Duff, as I said I wasn't going for mocking someone down or such, just for the fun of it.

The issue is being looked at cloesly right now...some things would change some not...the one thing that will change for sure though is my use of execclient in the future.

Cheers.