Gmail?

bullet-401

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I have two. One has replaced my yahoo account due to the ammount of SPAM I get at it. I really like the interface and how everything is sorted and classified. It is a really nice system.

google email system.

I don't like how they've built a system to read your email though. I don't like anything reading my email. Too big brother for me, although my friend who works at Google assures me that they don't do anything with it except try and find a better fitting ad for you.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

DJ, all they do is scan the words in your e-mail and find certain key words then put text adds to the right of your e-mail, not in your e-mail but to the right advertising something to do with the keywords found. Sometimes you will not have any ads. But there is no one reading your e-mails.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

Hey, do me a favor those of you who have gmail. Send yourself and a different email address an attachment and see if you get it. Also try a .doc or word document and see if it goes. My email with word documents is showing as sent in the sent box but never shows up at the recipients inbox.

EDIT: Well it looks like it works as long as you do not send to more than one e-mail address. I wonder if this is a bug or a way of preventing virus emails from being sent... doens't make sense though since it is web based only right now.

Edited by zerodamage

DJ, all they do is scan the words in your e-mail and find certain key words then put text adds to the right of your e-mail, not in your e-mail but to the right advertising something to do with the keywords found. Sometimes you will not have any ads. But there is no one reading your e-mails.

Yeah, thats what my friend tells me as well. He works at Google. Yet I still don't trust it. Any computer system needs programmers, testers, QA folks and production readiness tests. The ad system they are building needs raw data. Unit test data, Assembly test data, System test data...etc. They are all under NDA, I'm sure. But no system would go live without using real data for test purposes. Same with production support.

Its moot anyways though. I get POP3 access to yahoo mail and they give 2GB of space.

DJ,  all they do is scan the words in your e-mail and find certain key words then put text adds to the right of your e-mail, not in your e-mail but to the right advertising something to do with the keywords found.  Sometimes you will not have any ads.  But there is no one reading your e-mails.

Yeah, thats what my friend tells me as well. He works at Google. Yet I still don't trust it. Any computer system needs programmers, testers, QA folks and production readiness tests. The ad system they are building needs raw data. Unit test data, Assembly test data, System test data...etc. They are all under NDA, I'm sure. But no system would go live without using real data for test purposes. Same with production support.

Its moot anyways though. I get POP3 access to yahoo mail and they give 2GB of space.

Their ad system doesn't really need testing. It is the same ad placement system that their search engine uses and has been using for quite some time now.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

This seems to be a problem lately with Gmail. Then again, it is still in Beta.

gmail.jpg

I can not give any invites when I have none to give.

Edited by zerodamage

• 1 month later...