Attention Ohio folks

gOOters

Every Wednesday is bike night at the one here in Columbus. I've been there a couple times for those. Big biker turnouts. May even go this week.

Oh, and the food's pretty good too.

we eat there on vacation lst week. we got a sample cup of the hottest sauce. we each took a finger tip full. Apollo and AppleJuice were not impressed. Apollo's little sister went to the bathroom and threw up. It was way hot, but it tasted like an ashtray.

good place though.

Anyone know the secret cure for a burning mouth? Sadly I didn't know this in my younger days (winks at Mini), but a friend of mine learned it at no place other than Quaker.

Hmmm...is it teh beer? I dont drink, so I wouldnt know ;)

Anyhow...the stuff that makes your mouth start to sweat is capsaisan (sp?) and it is NOT water soluable. Water only relieves the pain for a second. Bread can help a little. I suppose milk might coat your mouth and help a little more? I will try beer tonight at hOOtie hOO's with some hot shrimpies (only because mrX is twisting my arm) as I will be there with my little bro and a couple of buddies.

So Fat...is that it? o0o

I used to work at Cracker Barrel (for about 3 years). Started in dishroom, trained as server, to get out of dish but did split shifts instead, crosstrained to prep cook (salads, desserts, etc) and split shifts there and on wait staff. Left for about a year and when I came back they hired me on as a grill cook.

I rarely eat there anymore. Maybe 1 in the past 5 years.

ha, i worked at the barrel too... i cooked there for a few months in college. Its basically like eating at a cafeteria, all the food is ready. It just gets scooped out of pans... except the meats..

Applebee's is better, i worked there too and still eat there.