Hot and Spicy is good!

gOOters

Okay, I am hungry so I thought of this topic.

I am from TX where everything is a little bigger and better. The women are more beautiful, the men are more manly and we love our fun/food and good times.

Having just insulted about 80% of the people here:

Do you like spicy food? How spicy? What is the hottest thing you have eaten?

I love spicy food (doc just started me on Nexium), and I regularly eat salsa, onions, tobasco, jalapenos, etc.

The hottest thing I have eaten was a habenero sauce that really wasn't even fun at all...

How about you?

Grew habenaros once, Lamb's mom made me some habenaro salsa from them. I never found one person that could eat more than one chip dipped into it. HOT!!! But yeah, once it gets that hot, there's no flavor, just burn....at least for me anyway.

I put tobasco on everything....my wife thinks I'm weird....spagetti, beef stew, pizza, eggs, you name it, I probably put hot sauce on it.

Grew habenaros once, Lamb's mom made me some habenaro salsa from them. I never found one person that could eat more than one chip dipped into it. HOT!!! But yeah, once it gets that hot, there's no flavor, just burn....at least for me anyway.

I put tobasco on everything....my wife thinks I'm weird....spagetti, beef stew, pizza, eggs, you name it, I probably put hot sauce on it.

Spagetti! Imma have to try that. I put tobassco on everything too.

I once ate 15 habenaros in 40 minutes. It hurt more coming out then going in... i cried.

DaBomb hot sauce by the spoon full, put a drop on your tongue and its worse then 2/3 habenaros. Imagine it by the spoon full. Had it in my eyes too, behind my ears...

Sharky's Extreme challenge at a local bar. Eat a certain amount of wings within a time and you win ! Well i had to do it in half the 'normal' time the restaraunt allowed. (Dweez, you prob know of Sharky's in Blacksburg)

gg Frat boy. :peace:

I enjoy spicy but not hot.

I like to be able to taste my food.

my friends grandmother makes hotwings as a family tradition (all of her sons/grandsons enjoy really hot food)...I tried them ONCE and had 2 total and could not feel my lips for about an hour (I'm not kidding) and I swear it was only about 20 minutes before I felt like my butt was going to explode with uh....uumm....well...yeah.

yeah, me no likey hot

I once ate 15 habenaros in 40 minutes. It hurt more coming out then going in... i cried.

DaBomb hot sauce by the spoon full, put a drop on your tongue and its worse then 2/3 habenaros. Imagine it by the spoon full. Had it in my eyes too, behind my ears...

Sharky's Extreme challenge at a local bar. Eat a certain amount of wings within a time and you win ! Well i had to do it in half the 'normal' time the restaraunt allowed. (Dweez, you prob know of Sharky's in Blacksburg)

gg Frat boy. :peace:

Yeah I shoot pool at Sharkey's occassionally. I saw the "challenge" but I am too much of a wimp when it comes to hot stuff.

I'm all about the heat....

Here's my chili recipe....

Chili Powder

12 oz New Mexican Chili

6 oz Ancho Chili

3 oz chili de Arbol

1 cup + 2 tbsp cumin seeds

1 cup + 2 tbsp granulated garlic

3/4 cup oregano

3/4 cup hot Hungarian paprika

Roast the chiles in an oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Break off the stems and remove the seeds from the chiles and lay them on a baking sheet arranged in a single layer. Place the pan in the oven. Place the cumin seeds in a small pan and place them in the oven as well. Since the chile de arbol are small chiles, they will be toasted first. Remove them and the cumin seeds after 4 or 5 minutes. Toast the larger pods another 4 or 5 minutes. They should be well dried.

When the chiles are cool, break them into pieces and grind into a fine powder using a spice grinder or coffee mill. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Store in a jar.

Redeye Chili

Good stuff:

3 lbs beef chuck tender, cubed

2 lbs cheap ground beef

1 tbsp vegetable oil

1 14.5 oz can beef broth

1 12oz beer

1 8oz tomato sauce

2 serrano peppers *

1 jalapeno pepper *

2 cans diced green chilies

8 cloves garlice minced

1 large onion diced

1 tbsp chili powder

2 tsps garlic powder

Bag 1:

4 tbsp chili powder

2 tsps onion powder

2 tsps garlic powder

1 1/2 tsps ground oregano

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper *

1 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

2 chicken bouillon

2 beef bouillon

1 tsp MSG

bag 2:

1 pkg Sazon Goya

3 tbsps chili powder

1 tbsp Hot Hungarian Paprika

2 tsps cumin

1/2 tsp white pepper

1/3 tsp salt

1/2 cayenne pepper *

1/2 tsp sugar

bag 3:

2 tbsps chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1/2 cayenne pepper *

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp MSG

Sautee onion with oil till translucent, add garlic, cook 30 secs.

Add ground beef, cook till browned. Add Beef chuck. Add rest of

Good Stuff. Cook to till browned on all sides. Add bag 1. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.

Add bag 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.

Remove serrano peppers and jalapeno when they become soft.

Add bag 3. Simmer 30 minutes.

* For a milder chili omit these items.

redeyez

Man, I love those Hot n' Spicy cheetos but they are kinda hard to find here in Wisconsin. When I was in New Mexico I saw them everywhere...

Hottest thing I've ever eaten: haven't tried habenero yet, don't really want to (maybe if you got me drunk enough...). I have eaten plenty of raw and pickled jalepenos and serrano peppers...going in they aren't too bad, but going to the bathroom later is absolute hell. I once ate an entire jar of pickled jalepenos...don't try this at home, kids.

If anyone is from the Pittsburgh area, or ever visiting. Go to a restaurant called "Fat heads"

Wings list

This is their Wings list. The Volcanoes are insane. You have to sign a waver to get them. They only give them to you 5 at a time. I saw a buddy of mine eat them. No word of a lie he was sick for 3 days. He basically lived in his washroom for those 3 days.