First Hand Impressions...

Guest PDO

vsync was off and the res was 1024x800 and that machine averaged 30-40 fps ?

was it on 6aa/16af or something ? Doom3 and BF:V look waaay better then CS:S and still run better then that, heck that machine runs Farcy at 70fps in 1024x800. :unsure:

something was wrong....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative:

- Strafe shooting seemed 100% innacurate.  This'll probally slow down the game some more.

- Flashes are too strong, and I think they were stacking but it was hard to tell.

- No wall shooting. (This is a BIG negative)

- If you got hit first it hurt your accuracy (Another big negative in my books)

- The game felt "stiff".  Can't really explain it, but it felt more like R6 than CS if that makes sense.

- He nades don't go through walls

- AWP changes I already listed

- Never went over 60 FPS on a godly PC, another major issue.  My FPS spent most of the time around 30-40.  I also noticed my FPS was higher for some reason when I used "cl_showfps" as opposed to "net_graph 3".

- No more stopsound.. aztec will be very annoying.

I dunno PDO....all these are actually POSITIVE IN MY BOOK :freak:

YEs I know, Im a realism freak but hey...if u don't like realism u always have UT and Doom3 right?

- Walls...atlast...no assault rifle even a Heavy Machine Gun...heck even 30mm auto cannon! Cannot go through 1 metre of concrete man...thank god for that change...of course thats assuming that u still be able to shoot through wood/thin metal...

- HE nades don't go through walls - another good point! if a bullet with all of its velocity can't go through it obviously a fragment of minor explosion wouln't either DO'H

- FPS - I have a good machine and even now when action heats up my FPS drops to 50-40 and stays there...if it is the same with source then Im happy!

-no stopsound is a bit disappointing but then they're are giving nubs a fair chance don't u think?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
vsync was off and the res was 1024x800 and that machine averaged 30-40 fps ?

was it on 6aa/16af or something ? Doom3 and BF:V look waaay better then CS:S and still run better then that, heck that machine runs Farcy at 70fps in 1024x800. :unsure:

something was wrong....

As far as I could tell there were no settings that should've been causing the low FPS - it honestly made no sense. I turned all the details low, only had 2 models on the screen and never once went over 60, and would often drop to 25. The only thing I noticed is it felt like a "smoother" 25 than 1.6's... maybe net_graph 3 was somewhat inaccurate.

Only a few guns go through walls right now shaw.. AK's, Colts, AWP's, Galils, Famas and I believe the scout and auto snipers. Most of the walls in CS are paper thin, so bullets SHOULD go through them (Mill is the exception).

Like I've said to Playaa for a long time, CS was never made to be realisitic, R6 was, and if you want slow boring gameplay with 100% realism go play that :P.

Also, why should nubs get a fair chance? Learning the game is a big part of it, and if you're not willing to put in the time then why shouldn't someone willing to do so get an advantage over you?

PDO....if they wanted to make CSS somewhat R6 like...then they would have to do WAY MORE than this...

For starters:

-Take out Health Points...

-If your a shot in de limbs u slow down or your accuracy becomes impossible

-Grenades kill ppl or heavily disable them...they don't "harm" them

-Reloads take longer

-Guns have sub-modes of fire

-You can go prone

-You don't jump with 80 pounds of gear on you during action

- and etc etc etc

The fact that they're are NOT moving into these directions is already says more than enough....IMO they just keep refurbishing the balance that CS has between realism/action...and YES I do welcome added realism and NO I don't want it to become another R6...

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Why did doom 3 cap off @ 60FPS? And now CSS isn't going over 60, heh, someone should look into this! :unsure:

Maybe software technology has surpassed current hardware technology.. ?

Just throwing out an idea.. either way it's frustrating. I'd rather have 100 FPS and nice graphics then 10 FPS and godly graphics.

Shaw, if they did that I'd never touch the game again ;p. I don't think we'll ever agree on this so I won't bother ^_^.

1) I was on that PC listed above. I got 40 FPS. This needs to be fixed, end of story..

Oooff...sorry, that was you. I didn't read, but when I saw that a "guest" had posted, I did some admining and found 3 forums that guests could post in (including this one!)...so I fixed that, removed the post, and then realized it was you. Hope you still have the specs! Sorry!

source will most likely be a success.

forget aztec. how about survivor(assuming they convert it) man those sounds in that stage drive me nuts.

Using stopsound while playing is changing the game and cheating. I use stopsound for the error areas like those big door sounds in bank and office.

6) Nades are amazing.. they'll be the most important part of your buying now.  Flashes dominate you (not sure if I like this yet.. if you're hit by a flash you're dead unless teh guy sucks..) and nades do more damage + stun you.

Fatty is back in action!

- AWP is more nerfed than it was in 1.6.. it's stupid.  You can't quick scope, nor can you really quick switch after a shot because the shot will suddenly have not been shot.. very annoying

Glad to hear this. Now they are gettin it more realistic.

Yes it is a game. But, the quick scope shootin' IMHO is a glitch that most peeps learned how to exploit. And now that it's gone peeps are gonna scream about it.

Amen to that!!! Let em scream!

Negative:

- Strafe shooting seemed 100% innacurate.  This'll probally slow down the game some more.

- Flashes are too strong, and I think they were stacking but it was hard to tell.

- No wall shooting. (This is a BIG negative)

- If you got hit first it hurt your accuracy (Another big negative in my books)

- He nades don't go through walls

- AWP changes I already listed

That's funny, to me these are all positive things.

You really think bullets should go through walls? Unless the wall crumbles, you should be safe. Same with nades.

Yay!!! I say YAY for realism!!! <dances around>

depends on the wall rackish...see they made walls penetratable because they did want for some walls to be shot through...but the technology limited them calculate the actuall depth of the wall...so it was either all walls are penetrable or none! Now the day finally came when we get all of the 2004 tech packed into 99's game!!!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I believe the stats were:

3.0 Ghz Processor

1.0 Gig Ram

Radeon 9800 PRO

Those sound right atleast.

Well, I have UT now if I want to do crazy futuristic, ahem, UNREAL, things....:D

Gimme gimme gimme real real baby! Someone could dig up some good old debates on this, eh moss? The ole "aim with yer deagle" etc thread went on for a great while!

<chanting> REEE UL REEE UL REEE UL!

btw, "people" might just be me! I might be alone in that school of thought, I just say the same thing every time.

Well, using the netgraph eats up some fps, so cl_showfps 1 is a more accurate measure on your framerate.

As far as the 60 fps, I am wondering if this has any relation to the 60 cap that was happening to ati cards, it may be one of those things they did not fix cause it wasn't a big problem. It could be countered in console.

I don't know if they change all the command lines around, but did you make sure these settings were at 0?

ati_npatch

ati_subdiv

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

GotFrag's got an extensive impression:

http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/news/2483/1/

I guess I didn't spent enough time with the AWP (I gave up after 3 tries.. eco'ing wasn't fun, what can I say :P) because they apparently loved it. They also like the flashes which I can't say I agree with. Finally, they noted the change I couldn't figure out and why the game felt "stiff". The Crosshair size barely changes.. at all. Full spray etc, it's almost the exact same.

I didn't know of either of those commands swoop, so I can't say I got a chance to try them.

I still stand by the fact wall spamming and flashes need to be changed.. the rest of the stuff could very well have been me just not being used to it, so take all the gun changes with a grain of salt. (<3 mossy)

I just wish a local lan here had it :(.

Edited by PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Reviews i read all said you can shoot through the walls, including yours

Also say the pace is faster

Hard to tell the pace when the map is only dust. You run at the same speed.. so yeah.

I think the most commonly complained about thing is flashbangs. For $200 they're simply too effective. Throw a good flash and you'll be getting easy knife kills ;/.

As far as wall spamming is concerned, you can only shoot through "corners" of walls.. not even big boxes.. meh. Aimetti's reply to that topic is the best one there.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)
AWP is definately different PDO. But it's MUCH better than 1.6, it hails back to the 1.3/1.5 era. Not quite as fast as the ole quicksnipe/fastswitch, but it's verrah nice.

So do you think it'll be more defense orientated then? I think one of the reasons I didn't like it was I kept rushing as a CT into the tunnel, quick scoped, hit fire while it was still "scoping" then switched only to realize I hadn't shot yet 8P).

Either that or start pushing while you're scoped so you don't have that weird delay.

Maybe I should buy CZ if I can find a cheap copy..

Edited by PDO