CS:S Rushed?

Guest PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Just reading some things on GotFrag...

No de_inferno, de_train or de_nuke yet, and if they are brought they'll most likely be direct ports. Good to see Valve can take 2 years to make something and still not be ready :/.

Anyone have any impressions? I'm debating buying it, however finding out that they don't even have a map like Inferno is pretty disheartning..

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Just reading some things on GotFrag...

No de_inferno, de_train or de_nuke yet, and if they are brought they'll most likely be direct ports.  Good to see Valve can take 2 years to make something and still not be ready :/.

Anyone have any impressions?  I'm debating buying it, however finding out that they don't even have a map like Inferno is pretty disheartning..

They will most likely be added and people will take what they have now and make a custom version of these maps. Be happy we got this many. Us beta testers been stuck with De_dust for like 3 months.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
They haven't been making CS: S for 2 years they have been making HL2 for 5 years :P  CS: S they probably only worked on for the last year at most and probably less.

Haha.

Playable maps:

# cs_havana

# cs_italy

# cs_office

# de_aztec

# de_cbble

# de_chateau

# de_dust

# de_dust2

# de_piranesi

Seems they have a weird fetish for crappy maps :o.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I hate cs_ maps, as far as de_ go..

# de_aztec - Good for pubbing, horrible for match play.

# de_cbble - Horrible, CT's could practically win 5v2.. good map.. not.

# de_chateau - Horrible.

# de_dust - Horrible.

# de_dust2 - Good, balanced map.

# de_piranesi - Horrible.

I hate cs_ maps, as far as de_ go..

# de_aztec - Good for pubbing, horrible for match play.

# de_cbble - Horrible, CT's could practically win 5v2.. good map.. not.

# de_chateau - Horrible.

# de_dust - Horrible.

# de_dust2 - Good, balanced map.

# de_piranesi  - Horrible.

aztec: good for matches, terrible for big 10v10 pub awpfest

cbble: goot for match and pub, balanced map

chateau: amuzing, not a great map

dust: CLASSIC, well balanced map, great for pub, decent for match

dust2: fantastic, balanced, great for pub or match, even 12v12 deathfest

piranesi: way too big for match play, very entertaining for a full pug

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
aztec: good for matches, terrible for big 10v10 pub awpfest

cbble: goot for match and pub, balanced map

chateau: amuzing, not a great map

dust: CLASSIC, well balanced map, great for pub, decent for match

dust2: fantastic, balanced, great for pub or match, even 12v12 deathfest

piranesi: way too big for match play, very entertaining for a full pug

You've obviously not played Aztec or Cobble in a competitve match.. both horribly CT stacked once you get flashes and positioning down. Most teams would be happy with 6 rounds on T side because you'd have to choke pretty bad CT side to lose.

Dust balanced? Maybe every once in a while, but 9/10 times it becomes T's camping the same choke for 10 minutes waiting for CT's to push because they don't know how to rush.

Chateau = rush A or lose as T, and Piranesi is a horrible map all around.

It's not a grouchy pill, I just think they had a very poor choice in maps.. inferno, nuke and train are my three favourite maps, and seeing none of them including while Havana and Office are won't please me much ;o.

I don't see why they released the game for $50 if you can play better maps (read: Gameplay made CS fun) in the previous version...

was reading in steam forums as i wait for my 222 minute download finishes. A lot of people are not satisified with this and say was waste of money :( Hope this isn't the case when its finally done downloading.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
was reading in steam forums as i wait for my 222 minute download finishes. A lot of people are not satisified with this and say was waste of money :( Hope this isn't the case when its finally done downloading.

Exactly what I've been reading.. I'm personally going to wait for CAL to open up a source division at the least; I'd rather not pub cs_ map's. I've seen a lot of posts calling it a money grab and rush job..

no chatue would be a great map if people actually did their jobs in the game, and keep in mind all those maps prolly aren't the same as the originals... they will more than likely be updated, and if they all suck then i can make some new ones :) i'll just need good texture packs b/c i don't like to do texutres...

exactly.

just got home and downloading it right now.

i mean, people are either gonna buy HL2 now or when its released in stores. How is this a take the money and run situation? Valve would sell the same amount of units regardless.

i was gonna hold off and wait for it to be in stores (i like buying a physical product) but this announcement of CS source changed that.

Original CS was starting to finally run its course for me (used to be an every other day thing, now i rarely play). GC actually got me back into CS. Until I started playing here, I had stopped for about a year (the server I played on with people I knew closed and we all stopped playing). Then one day I randomly joined the GC server and I was hooked all over again.

Edited by spiralstairs

(edited)

i think what makes me so sad about the net release of source is that its full price for half a buy. i spend 50 dollars on a game, i dont want to have to have it tied to my steam id. i'd rather have the cd, the cdkey, and all that jazz.

i agree the maps they put out are a let down. no nuke, no train, no inferno...that makes me so sad. those are some of my favorite maps.

it makes me sad that i'm not going to be playing with you guys for a while. i really enjoy trop too. :(

Edited by ishmael