Let the Bans Begin!

Fatty

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Seems though you can not ban via console? Had a few guys that I guess Linch and Magruter could not get rid of. I assume there is an Rcon password and then the commands should be available via console.

could we atleast warn first? I enjoy playing cs on Mmm servers and I know how the atmosphere is suppose to be but sometimes people come in the game and do not know all the rules, just asking for a warning for all the new guys. Would like a solid place to play that always has some people playin. <_<

could we atleast warn first? I enjoy playing cs on Mmm servers and I know how the atmosphere is suppose to be but sometimes people come in the game and do not know all the rules, just asking for a warning for all the new guys. Would like a solid place to play that always has some people playin. <_<

:unsure: Might be a good idea at lest until we get the MOTD running to tell them where to come....ie this forum. Once there is a URL up to send them here to learn the rules then I say banning as usual????? :unsure:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

They've all been warned from what I've seen so far. The reactions though are what get me.

"Are you an admin?"

"F-You F**"

"Whatever DonkeyHole"

Ya, i totally agree with you zero. If they come off like that totally ban them, but sometimes I know people swear because they messed up and such, or maybe it slips or something. But if they are purposly using it to bash someone or try and draw attention to themselves a warning should not be issued.

Seems though you can not ban via console?  Had a few guys that I guess Linch and Magruter could not get rid of.  I assume there is an Rcon password and then the commands should be available via console.

At the time I dont think either of us knew the rcon pass, and with my lag and mag's choke... doubt we could get console down :P:bang::D

GC Founder

There's a disclaimer on the motd.

If someone comes in with an off-color name with the F word, etc...no, sorry, no warning.

If they choose to use the F word, sorry, no warning, etc.

Believe me, there will be PLENTY of people left after we ban these kids.

So, Kenger, if you fear we're going to run short on clients...you might bind something that warns people on your own.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
You are correct.  Rcon is all admins have to work with atm.

Keep it like that :) .

Any word on the ban count? Just for curiosities sake..

Errr, I've been banning like a fiend on Recrude. Done at least a dozen or so in the past 24hrs. I spam a warning from Console as soon as I join--something along the lines of Do Not curse, I will ban, no warnings. etc etc.

Initially, I agreed with you folks advocating warning people first, but the reality is that then the admins have to sit there and debate with people, or they leave and rejoin before you can ban them and AFTER spamming FU for several seconds. It ruins the fun for everyone and it definately means that admins end up typing more than playing.

Ban first, take the hardline, everyone will respect that or leave. Fatty has it right as well, there are PLENTY of more ppl out there.

Guest Squish
Guest Squish
Guest Squish
Guests

I play 90% of my UT2K4 matches on a GC server. When the clan members are around, things are kept clean in there but when none of them are there things tend to go astray. Other than me asking them to keep the language clean (and then being puked on by their follow-up comments), is there anything else I can do as a non clan member?