Football topic

Silver-Bullet

This is about all football, NFL, college, CFL anything.

NFL:

1)Patriots streak over. 21 was the final win count. Will there be a 2-peat for champs, or will someone else overthrow the kings?

2)Gotta give it up for the G-Men, even though im jets boy. 5-2 facing tough teams like vikings, eagles, cowboys. Look promising. Tiki looks his best, wouldn't be suprised if he was named number one or something.

3)Jets. Contenders, or pretenders(yes i stole it from sportscenter) 5-1 going into tonight agaisnt the dolphins(hopefully 6-1 coming out). Do they stand a chance, or was it since they had a easy couple of weeks?

4)Chiefs: Boy howdie, these guys are wierd. First weeks, they are horrible. Now, with the last two games they scored a total of 101 points :o . Do they got what it takes to pull it out and make the playoffs, or was it just a small boost of energy?

5)Rothensburger(sp?) One of the best rookies ever, or no? Move over Eli, anyone?

6)Broncos with 499 passing yards this week, wowzors!

College

1)Anyone catch the Mich vs Mich state game? Crazy game, go Mich!

2)Who's your top 3 teams?

Add some topics to talk about, or maybe answer these?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Die hard Packers fan...

But I would pay money to see New England v. Philly...

And I wouldn't doubt that happening this year.

P.S. Watch out for the Vikings...coming off that tough loss they will blow the next couple opponents away.

P.P.S. I hate Randy Moss...

NE vs Jets was a good game, i wouldnt be suprised if the jets won if it wasn't for stupid things (i.e- SOWELL FUMBLING ON THE 10 YARD LINE!!! :bang::bang::bang: ) grrr ok

I can't wait till the Jets Ravens game the 14th, going to that game and that would be my third game this year. I love how my dad has season tickets :)

first of all, TO is going to kill the mediocore steelers defensive backs.... theres nobody on pitt that can match up with him.

second, mike tice is the biggest idiot in minnesota... he screwed up this season by starting moss in two games, now he has a hamstring tear, and is expected to be out for 3 to 4 weeks. CULPEPPER IS NOT THAT GOOD, MOSS JUST MAKES HIM LOOK GOOD. i think the vikings are going to start there downward spiral.. right.. about.. nowwww

hmm, who else lost to the lions.... the 6-2 falcons.... whats your point chipmunk?

also, i think baltimore could of beaten the eagles with jamal in there, but going into a game with kyle boller as your qb and chester taylor (i think thats his name), it pretty much a lost cause.

and the jets... whats going on with pennington... seems like he forgot to pass to his wideouts. santana moss has been pretty much forgotten... i think his main reciever is chrebet???

and you guys are all in better shape compared to my team.... the worse team in the nfl.... the bears!!!!!! theres no doubt in my mind that the 49ers would of won with rattay playin.

The Badgers and the Pack are both red-hot!

Thank god the Pack has a bye week this week with Favre's hand hurt...if the Vikes lose to Indianappolis and then to the Packers the week after, Green Bay will be tied for first if the Lions drop one of their two games (which is a likely scenario). All this is very possible after starting 1-4!

Wisconsin just blew out Minn. 38-14! National championship here we come! 9 and 0!

first of all, TO is going to kill the mediocore steelers defensive backs.... theres nobody on pitt that can match up with him.

second, mike tice is the biggest idiot in minnesota... he screwed up this season by starting moss in two games, now he has a hamstring tear, and is expected to be out for 3 to 4 weeks.  CULPEPPER IS NOT THAT GOOD, MOSS JUST MAKES HIM LOOK GOOD.  i think the vikings are going to start there downward spiral.. right.. about.. nowwww

hmm, who else lost to the lions.... the 6-2 falcons.... whats your point chipmunk?

also, i think baltimore could of beaten the eagles with jamal in there, but going into a game with kyle boller as your qb and chester taylor (i think thats his name), it pretty much a lost cause.

and the jets... whats going on with pennington... seems like he forgot to pass to his wideouts.  santana moss has been pretty much forgotten... i think his main reciever is chrebet???

and you guys are all in better shape compared to my team.... the worse team in the nfl.... the bears!!!!!! theres no doubt in my mind that the 49ers would of won with rattay playin.

Boy TO really killed those Steelers :P

My favorite teams?

1) Packers

2) Wisconsin Badgers

3) Seattle Seahawks

Whoever was saying they were feeling good about their Giants, can't feel too good about them after they lost to Chicago which has no offense whatsoever, the Giants killed themselves this weekend.

I think it's a shame that the Badgers won't even likely have a shot at playing for the national championship. I wish OK would have lost one of their last 2 close games, USC losing would have been nice too. Auburn I thinkn might still lose they have the toughest schedule out of any of the top 4 teams for the remaining weeks.

I have a bad feeling the Badgers are going to end up 11-0 and in the Rose Bowl and forgotten =\ If they are lucky then perhaps they can beat up on California in the Rose Bowl and get consideration after the fact for the national championship. I strongly believe that the WI defense could take on any team out there and their offense is finally starting to get in to shape. They run the ball when they get ahead and don't rack up the score like some of these other teams so it looks like they aren't as good but I believe they could hang with any of the other teams out there. I mean they single handedly derailed Purdue's season :P

Whoever was saying they were feeling good about their Giants, can't feel too good about them after they lost to Chicago which has no offense whatsoever, the Giants killed themselves this weekend.

:(

it was me who said that.

thats two games we shouldve won now but lost due to sheer ineptitude (lions, bears). kurt warner had 4 ints i believe? i think it may be time to whip out eli, finally. i dont know.

it always seems like my gints lose to crappy teams at home, ALL THE TIME.

:(

it was me who said that.

thats two games we shouldve won now but lost due to sheer ineptitude (lions, bears).  kurt warner had 4 ints i believe?  i think it may be time to whip out eli, finally.  i dont know.

it always seems like my gints lose to crappy teams at home, ALL THE TIME.

3 ints and 2 fumbles for warner.

(edited)

LETS GO BENGALS

and stupid fsu losing to maryland...and oklahoma should of lost to both texas A&M and okla state...aurburn and usc should be championship game if both win out...although i dont think anyone can compete with usc

usc would destroy oklahoma's horrible defense and wisconsin doesnt have an offense that can play against usc's defense

i would really like to see utah play a undefeated team in a bowl game and DESTROY! them

pps...terrel owens is the worst wide reciever in the history of the NFL...go randy moss!

Edited by huhuh?

Wisconsin's defense has shut down every offense it has come against. Purdue's was number one before it lost to the Badgers, and Minnesota's was scoring some 35 points per game (or something like that). Purdue would have been shut out if they hadn't resorted to such cheap chop-block tactics.

Defense wins championships, not offense. If Wisconsin can generate just 20 points, that's pretty much a guaranteed win. They certainly lit it up against Minnesota. The offense continues to improve, and if they win out, should at least be considered for a championship with the sloppy play of OU and USC this past weekend. Even if Wisconsin wins out, I don't think it will be considered unless 2 of the other undefeated teams lose. That's really a shame. If they would have played Michigan this year, I am pretty sure they would be in the number 2 spot.

Auburn has a tough date this week vs. Georgia. If they win big, they certainly deserve a shot at the title.

Oh and the Bengals...they deserve a winning season. I can't imagine how bad it felt to be a Bengals fan during the past 15 or so years of suckage. Maybe they can pull it off this year...they certainly look better.

Edited by 00b3rN00b

Hahahaha, you all don't have any idea about what your talking about. Since you guys love Wisconson and have so much Badger pride, I think I should show my pride for the Sooners....

First off, lets start out with the opponents Wisconson beat with the opponents record right now and the amount they beat them by:

1) Central Florida 0 - 9 Won by 28 points [Number 1 on the bottom 10 on espn]

2) UNLV 2 - 7 Won by 15 points haha

3) Arizona 2 - 7 Won by 2 points! yea, only OU won close games...

4) Penn State 2 - 7 Won by 13 points...

5) Illinois 3 - 7 Won by 17 points

6) Ohio State 6 - 3 Won by 11 points [first ranked opponent]

7) Purdue 5 - 4 Won by 3 but look at the opponents Purdue beat... only Notre Dame is worthy. With Kyle Orton being a product of the system..

8) Northwestern 5 - 4 Won by 12 points

9) Minnesota 6 - 4 Won by 24 points

TOT OPP RECORD: 32 - 52, big winners here...

Now, they played 4 teams with medicore winning records, 5 with losing and they have had close games. With the theory of having close games means not worthy of a championship then Badgers don't deserve it either... :freak: They have 2 CLOSE GAMES WITH ONLY 1 RANKED OPPONENT. yea.... sucks that OU and USC are having crappy performances. Ha, you don't have to have me tell you, the BCS computers rank Wisconson 6th... :laughcry:

Now, USC is doing really well, they have had tough games but I don't care to list their opponents but since your all knocking on Oklahoma...

Oklahoma

1) Bowling Green 7 - 2 Won by 16 Points

2) Houston 3 - 6 Won by 50 points

3) Oregon 5 - 4 Won by 24 points

4) Texas Tech 6 - 3 Won by 15 points, could have been a lot worse but we ran the ball to the middle all in the 4th to not run up the score regardless of thinking we run it up on people.... :lol:

5) Texas 8 - 1 Won by 12 points and shut out Texas for the first time since 1982.

6) Kansas State 4 - 5 Won by 10 points

7) Kansas 3 - 6 Won by 31 points

8) Oklahoma State 6 - 3 Won by 3 points at OSU and if you have ever been at a rivarly game, its insane, we killed ourselves in the first half and GAVE them 14 points, but we came back and you can't say we almost lost the games when they didn't even go into overtime.

9) Texas A&M 6 - 3 Won by 7 points. A&M is one of the toughest places to play, we went there, won and again like above you can't say we almost lost if it doesn't even go into overtime.

TOT OPP RECORD: 48 - 33 Yep, weak opponents.. tsk tsk we shouldn't be in the championship

1 with a decent winning record, 4 with a good winning record, and 1 with only 1 loss to us. So... thats 6 teams with winning records to 3 without and ONLY 2 GAMES AWAY GAMES AGAINST RANKED OPPONENTS resulted in a win with 7 points or less.

HAHAHA, hell even when you guys start praising Auburn because Trev Alberts or Lee Corso say so, you forget that they only beat LSU with 1 point and LSU isn't good this year... so everyone has close games, everyone plays sloppy. However, when your a big time team such as USC or OU, you have to put up with people thinking that you have to blow out teams but YOU FORGET, you need close games and you always will. People think they have a really hard schedule... but they don't. Tenn and Georgia are the only ones. LSU isn't.

Honstly... everyone here that just saying that Wisconson DESERVES to go to the championship needs to reevaluate their view on the Badgers season. Cal is more worthy, hell, Id even put Texas higher up than them. Also, its obvious for those of you who feel that Oklahoma should have lost haven't watched the games, only highlights... :rolleyes:

In the championship, its going to be either USC OU or Auburn. USC could lose at Notre Dame, OU can lose in the Big 12 again, and Auburn could lose to Georgia. Now don't get the wrong message from this topic, Im not a close minded fan and I immediatley give credit to any team who deserves it. Purdue was overrated and Wisconson beat a not so great team thus they got thrown into it. They do have a great defense but they haven't been challenged enough.

Edited by ++SexyTyme++

usc would destroy oklahoma's horrible defense

haha, the same USC offense that struggled against Oregon State, got dominated by Cal defensively that almost lost to Oregon which Oklahoma dominated. HAHA, and not to mention the upset they almost had at Standford. Stop looking at games only for 1 week, look at them as the whole season. Also, stop repeating what you heard on college gameday... I will admit the OU's secondary is questionable but Bob Stoops is too good of a coach to let it continue. Once they benched Bassey and burned Walker's redshirt, A&M couldn't get a big play. Our front 4 and linebackers are too good. On a side note, the pac-10 conference is a joke...

Edited by ++SexyTyme++

This is why I hate the BCS system. Even if Wisconsin wins out, WE WILL NEVER FIND OUT WHO IS REALLY THE BETTER TEAM. They really need to change the bowl system into a top-10 playoff system, or something to that effect. The Big 10 is a tough conference too, no matter what their records.

Wisconsin defense hasn't faced a challenge? Wasn't Purdue held to 17 points after averaging 55 in it's first 5 or 6 games (and was ranked 5th)? Minnesota was held to 17 minutes of posession time and 14 points after averaging 35 points a game. Wisconsin has looked hotter than the other unbeatens (save Utah, which loves to run up the score) in recent weeks after beating bad teams narrowly early in the season. That's all.