If I fly to Cleveland

chuckleslove

I can get a round trip ticket from Chicago to Cleveland for $100 before taxes, I would just come to hang out and such I wouldn't bring my PC with me just come for the social aspect of it. At this point in time I am merely tossing ideas around nothing concrete just seeing if anyone will be passing through Cleveland or be willing to pick me up, it seems to be the closest airport to the LAN. I would come in sometime late Thursday evening or early Friday morning. I would also need a ride back to the airport sometime on Monday.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I can get a round trip ticket from Chicago to Cleveland for $100 before taxes, I would just come to hang out and such I wouldn't bring my PC with me just come for the social aspect of it.  At this point in time I am merely tossing ideas around nothing concrete just seeing if anyone will be passing through Cleveland or be willing to pick me up, it seems to be the closest airport to the LAN.  I would come in sometime late Thursday evening or early Friday morning.  I would also need a ride back to the airport sometime on Monday.

This brings up an idea. Is there anyway for gaming computers to be rented for the weekend? Any type of places do that?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
this also brings up the fact that I was thinking of flying in.

Maybe we could do our best to get any flyer-in's to congregate together and all hitch a ride at once?

Flying may end up being cheaper than driving. I just would not fly in my computer. Only God knows what could and would happen to it through security and those doing the loading.. wow.. just that thought scares me.

In the short time I was there last year I was offered to play on 3 different peoples computers...thus I think it's quite possible to have access to a computer even if you don't bring one...maybe not all the time but things can work out.

First Akron has an airport thats very close Second I can take some people down I live right by Clevelands airport Third bring your pc as carry on unless you have a huge server tower it will meet carry on restrictions I am sure we can get you a monitr somewhere i got 2 extras

PS the steelers suxors

Edited by [DLM]->Fish

Flying may end up being cheaper than driving. I just would not fly in my computer.  Only God knows what could and would happen to it through security and those doing the  loading..    wow.. just that thought scares me.

would x-ray equipment hurt any computers?...this might just be a warning to people planning on doing this (i have no clue though)

Akron/Canton airport is a good tip.

Dunno about rental. We'll arrange rides. Book a flight...you've got friends that will be in town on Thursday evening....road trips are fun and memorable. (translation: i'll find someone to come get you!)

Edit: Monday?!? Yes, you're going to need to find somewhere to hang too! We'll figure all that out.

I don't think the x-ray will hurt the computer but the rule of thumb these days is don't bring any electronic equipment on a plane that you can't power up I believe <_<

I fly all the time. Not once have I been asked to power up my laptop. They just scan it through the machine.

If I fly, I will be taking my pc as a carry on. Not much they can do about it. It's within the regs. :peace:

• 2 months later...
would x-ray equipment hurt any computers?...this might just be a warning to people planning on doing this (i have no clue though)

you could pull your hard drive and have them inspect it by hand.. or get a lead lined pouch like photographers use to protect film going through security.