I am in conflict

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

It looks like my 10 year high school reunion is in July of 2005. I really want to go to this lan party so I can meet you all. But I can't pass up my chance to see my old school chaps so I can laugh at how stupid and ugly they are now. (j/k) What do I do?

Anyone else been to theirs and was it worth me missing FF05 for?

aaaahhh the heck with em, if its anything like most peoples high school experience, they were mostly buttheads and not worth the time anyways!

At least at fragfest, you can shoot the people you don't like, or do like for that matter.

I'm planning on going, and look forward to putting faces behind all the names and I hope yours is one of them, your fun to play with, even though you get a little cranky when we suck :P

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
aaaahhh the heck with em, if its anything like most peoples high school experience, they were mostly buttheads and not worth the time anyways!

At least at fragfest, you can shoot the people you don't like, or do like for that matter.

I'm planning on going, and look forward to putting faces behind all the names and I hope yours is one of them, your fun to play with, even though you get a little cranky when we suck :P

I get cranky when Lunk kills me. That's about it. :P

Oooooh, very tough call. I would be torn......I guess it depends on the friends you had and if you have desire to see em all play oneupmanship with each other, or possiblly rekindle relationships. My 10 year was great fun, but it came and went. I graduated with 535 people, so it was a big party, but the people I am close with or desire to see, I maintain some level of contact with.

FF does change your online gaming experience. It completes many friendships, as sometimes the only thing missing here is a handshake and a smile.

Man, tough one.

I don't think it's tough.

FF does change your online gaming experience. It completes many friendships, as sometimes the only thing missing here is a handshake and a smile.

he's not kidding. I haven't touched an online game in over 5 months, and there is absolutely no question in my mind on whether I'll be attending FF05 (or 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10...not 11 though...never 11)

The friendships that can be made at FF and the memories created are worth every penny and every second. I mean there are people in this community that I barely EVER talk to...but as soon as FragFest rolls around we're all best buds (even me and Killer didn't kill each other at FF04 :P )

besides, you can either sit around watching old fogeys like yourself compare their sports cars, girlfriends and jobs, or you can sit around watching young whippersnappers like me compare their processors, cases and video cards. And I KNOW you like pc hardware more than cars...so the choice is simple.

:P

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just do not know... I gotta think about it. I haven't visited my family in Maine in over a year either.... i am leaning towards FF05 so I can meet and frag everyone. But.... my momy.....

I say go for FF. Anyone I graduated with that I cared about (503 people) I kept in touch with anyway. FF are new friends that you get to cement the online relationship with some real life fellowship. Make plans and visit your mom often, but don't go to Maine cuz of your 10 year re-union. Just my opinion.

Never been to a HS reunion, so I can't vouch for it, but I agree with Playaa...I hardly ever touch an online game, and even with unrestricted access to HL2 I still haven't finished (but I'm close now!). I just have too much going on right now, but hopefully not next year (which is what I always say). However, after being dragged to FF04 by the Georgia crew, I know I'll do everything in my power to hit as many of the FFs as I can. They totally change your gaming experience.

Plus, you can get the image of bullet holes on the faces behind the 1337 kr3w skins and cheezy monikers (Fox? Wow, what is this guy, 12 years old?).

ZD - I would have to say FF.

Once you meet the people you frag with it becomes a whole different ball game - a dang fun one at that.

I guarantee it will be worth you coming to FF - but its your call ;)

Hope to see you there!

• 1 month later...
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The truth is, I do not know if I would be very welcome. The last thing I would want to do is travel all that way to have a few people who have made things extremely personal make it unpleasant. I really do not plan on attending my reunion either. I thought about it and figured, hang with new friends or those who were never realy my friends anyway......

I do not know. I am tired right now and probably am not thinking too clearly.

I also just do not know if I could afford it. I should have paid the 25 already to hold a seat. Then considered it a donation if I could not make it.

I will think about it over the weekend. I would really love to meet you guys. Going to ask my dad to bring back a smoke grenade from his time in Iraq to toss at Bean.

It's only a few people that you mentioned, Fatty is hoping to have 125, I think we outnumber them. I don't know the specifics and don't want to, it's your business, but I doubt anyone would be acting a fool towards you there. No one else really wants to drive all that way to be a jerk and get tossed out on their ear.

So pack up your smoke nade, Bean will be waiting with his helmet on,i'm sure. :P

I'm going --and I'm bringing my son. I wouldn't miss the chance to hear the guys I play with ---chipper, flitterkill, penty, wentz, tell me ( dude your old) :P Besides, ahh, oh ya don't go, ya I'm sure it will be boring fragging everyone and staying up all night with friends that you talk to almomst everynight, and having a blast, and not worring about wheather on not you make 6 didgets a year.

WE see in here posting almost every day, I don't think it would be the same without you. So -- buckle up baby, it's roadtrip time!! :P:boing::peace:

ZD,

I've never actually talked with you myself....but I have read a lot of the postings that you've put here. I think your making the right decision skipping your 10yr reunion.

However I feel that if you've given FF05 so much thought.....like I know you have...you should really go. I'm haven't even been a member for a year yet and I have been thinking about going myself. Primus hit the nail on the head when he said:

"I'm sure it will be boring fragging everyone and staying up all night with friends that you talk to almomst everynight, and having a blast"

I know you don't know me but even I think you should be there. :peace:

let me just say that a few of the people in here in the past and I haven't gotten along...in fact I can think of 2 off the top of my head who probably couldn't stand me...yet when I met them in person last year, there were zero problems...in fact we even got along...why? because things on the intraw3b get skewed...our personalities don't really come out, only the poor parts are concentrated on. So yeah, you've had lots of disagreements with people because of some views you feel strongly about...well when NONE of those subjects you feel strongly about are even mentioned...what are you going to have to fight about? And if you show up and so do they and you end up getting in an argument, be the bigger man and walk away...and if you can be the bigger man and they can't...Fatty won't have a problem kicking out a trouble maker and many of us would back him right there.

however, if you don't feel like you can be the bigger man...might as well stay away then

:)

ZD your married now... There is no reason to goto your HS reunion.. The only reason for going to those things is to hook up with the chicks you used to goto school with..

I skipped my 5 and 10 yr reunion, i hated those people when i was in school...

I remember a few years ago (2000 2001 i forget) Mmmm invited DLM and some SAB to go to a local bar. I was very unsure about going. There used to be a lot of trash talking and kicking (for swearing) so I was nervous that it would be like that in person. But it wasnt like that at all we had a blast and bdg8 ended up puking everywhere. What I am trying to say is that no matter what was said on the i-net when you meet in person its like starting with a completly clean slate. Also whatever you think somone looks like it never ever does