My turn for prayer

my dad went into the hospital today...he has fluid around his heart that's causing him pain...the doctors don't know yet what's causing it and they don't know what it means.

My father is only 56 years old but his body seems much older...he was born with 2 clubbed feet (turned inward) and spent the first 6 years of his life in hospitals...he finally "retired" this year from working in a factory because his doctors told him he was killing himself because his body couldn't handle it anymore...in reality he's on disability not retired...but it's the same thing...he'll never work again.

He's slowly getting worse and worse...last week he went on oxygen and his doctors think he'll be on it til he dies...that's not good for a 56 year old.

Not only does he need prayer but my entire family...me specifically. Normally in my family when bad things happen to my dad I'm the strong one...he had an anurism in the past and I was the "strong guy" in the family...but just seeing my dad at home the other night with oxygen tubes on almost put me in tears....so yeah...I need strength...I'm pretty sure my dad won't live to see me turn 30...and I can't handle that fact...

...and I can't handle that fact...

and there is the window the the Lord looks for, brother...and you know it. We can't handle it...on our own.

Draw strength from the one who IS strength. God is good...ALL THE TIME.

Praying for you and your father.

Playya,

brutha, indeed fatty is correct. One thing I would like to encourage you is that it's ok to feel weak. It's ok to feel like you can't handle it cause this is where Gods grace shines in us. You will have the strength because you love your dad. You CANNOT fail him. This is how God made us. This love you have for him will communicate and should communicate to him how God loves him as well. Not crying is not strong. Loving him is. always remember even if you know your dad will enter heaven it's still ok to hate death and weep with sorrow. After all wasn't it Jesus who wept when lazarus died. It's the shortest verse in scripture and yet it TELLS SOOOO MUCH.

You being a believer in God and wanting to do what it right will help you and God will act through you because of this.

I lost my mom when I was 23 and now I'm 34 and it still hurts like MAD. I don't bother asking God to take away the pain cause if you love someone you dont want to be away from them. Thus I realize my pain helps me to see God and me. Anyhow I do feel for you watching you dad slowly deteriorate.

Just remember love em and you'll never regret that at all!

Aug

In my thoughts and prayers Playaa...

My grandfather is also on oxygen - he has been on it for almost a year - I noticed that after about a month on the oxygen his health balanced out - he still needs the oxygen to keep him in balance, but eventually I hope your father at least finds that balance.

First and foremost, you have my prayers and support. If you need to chat, PM me and we'll hook up... You can vent as much as you want.

I know it's frustrating when someone says...I know someone who had (whatever you/your family member has) and they pulled through just fine. It is human nature to try and provide comfort by telling a relating story that has a good ending. But to the family going through it...sometimes you just don't want to hear it.

So I won't go into any details. I WILL pray that his heart condition is of the benign type and I pray that it reverses itself.

YOU hang in there and check here often for support. I'll tell you firsthand that it makes a difference...but you already know that.

Duke

I'm not overly worried really.

I mean...I'm worried about losing my father...but this specific instance doesn't make me think I'll lose him...but I just was having a hard time last night because I was worried.

*edit*

that didn't come out right.

:)

What I'm trying to say is that even if this situation turns out bad...I'm not worried about losing him SOON...I'm worried about losing him too soon...does that make sense?

*end edit*

I actually just got a call from my dad, apparently he's going home from the hospital today...I couldn't catch everything cause his cellphone was breaking up and I'm also not allowed to talk on the cell at work...but anyway, from what I gathered one of the medicines he's on (my dad takes like 10 pills a day) MIGHT be causing this...so they're going to be switching that medication and we'll see what happens.

keep him in your prayers though please...and thanks

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

• 1 year later...

thanks for all the prayers you guys have given me over the years.

My father passed away 1 week ago on April 5th, 1 year and 4 months after this all began.

He was an amazing man and I pray that I can be just like him for the rest of my life.

(edited)
..... and I pray that I can be just like him for the rest of my life.

That statement will make your father proud. :luxhello:

I'll be keeping you and him in my thoughts. I wish you well Playaa!!

Edited by pavid

Playaa,

I've avoided this thread twice now. I just don't know what to say other than I hurt for you, if that makes sense. :(

I pray that you find comfort. PM me if you feel like talking.

Grace be with you,

Brian.