Parents

Gond

Ok, unless you have had your head in the ground you have read or heard about all the kids being kidnapped, "abused" and killed. So, last night I'm at this park and some lady shows up with 3, 5 and 6 year old kids (approximate ages). She says to them "Boys (5 and 6), stay with your sister (3). Girl, stay with your brothers. I'm going to go get your brother." She then proceeds to leave them at the playground and walk across about 3 soccer fields to get her other child.

Bad enough that the 3 year old could have fallen and gotten hurt but what about the phycho taking the kids? Heck, I don't look like a total hood but I'm not your trim and proper looking guy. I just don't get it? Why don't parents take more responsibility for their children. Something bad happens and they blame society.

Guess there is no point...do others feel the same way? Are parents just that stupid?

I 100% see your point Gond and in a way agree with you. But you can't go through your kids whole life overshadowing them. They need to know what is right and wrong (in this situation MAYBE saying no to strangers). I can see your arguements right now, these kids were too young, the stranger could just snatch them up and them not have a chance to say no. I guess I can't answer those questions. I think it is sad that we can't trust society to look after kids. I mean, if I were there and saw kids playing and saw a kid reluctant to get in the car, I don't care who's kid it is, I'm gonna go say something about it. I risk the chance of being embarrased because a stuburn kid just doesn't want to go home, but I would rather be embarrassed than have that kid turn up missing on the news that night. I don't think I actually answered your question, just thought I would throw out my thoughts on the situation.

An 8 year old girl was just abducted about a mile or 2 from me in my town.....the abducter was a 22 year old that frequented the park....luckily there were witnesses and the girl was recovered...unharmed and unmolested (as far as the reports say)

I always picture child abducters to be wierdo older men.......this guy was a clean cut average looking guy......er kid. A kid himself! My god what is going on .....makes it more feesible to believe the notion that you cant trust anyone....anywhere.....really scary.

I did kinda keep an eye out for the kids but also felt a bit put out like the parent who left them expected others to take care of her kids...oh well, can't make people think:)

It is sad to realize you can't just let your kids go. I think I was 4 or 5 when I was able to play outside by myself. It is a different society we live in today.

Guest Duke
Guest Duke
Guest Duke
Guests

I guess you can try your best to watch out for and avoid scary situations. But you can't live your life in fear. These things are horrible and shouldn't happen but they do. Sometimes its not the parents fault. The chances are pretty low, so to over-shelter your children may do more harm in the long run. They have to inter-act in a social enviroment on their own, and sometimes that means without mommy or daddy over their shoulder.

You take risks everyday, you drive a car right. Hundreds of thousands of people die in car accidents, that doesn't mean you shouldn't drive.

i dunno what gets into these pple. Molesting children, how disgusting is that? gees if they want a piece go to a street corner and pick up a hooker. These children are young, innocent, defenceless....when they grow up they have to live these horrific thoughts and memories and then when they grow up they sometimes can't commit to relationships because they are scared...Man there are some really sick pple out there. It disgusts me

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

Yeah seriously who in there right mind would wanna mess with a really young person, normal people couldnt be attracted to them, and the people that do that crap are so screwed up. If youve listened to love line, a radio show on clear channel stations, with adam carolla, on at 10:00 where all these mesed up people call in, half of them have been abused and thought it was normal and not said anything, and now theyre permanently messed. I think anyones that done something like that should be locked up for the rest of their lives. In my paper it said they just discovered a preist who messed with like 50 altar boys in 5 different cities and then hid in an island in the bahamas and they cant press charges cause it was too long ago. i think that guy should be shot, and some other preists that gave him money to live there, knowing wht hed done, im not christian but so i dont know many priests but ive never heard one thing good about a priest, and thats disturbing

Guest Duke
Guest Duke
Guest Duke
Guests
I think anyones that done something like that should be locked up for the rest of their lives.

I think they should be killed. Whats the use of having people like that around...

One thing i've grown out of doing is wishing death onto someone. Who are we, fallible mortals, to decide who deserves life and who deserves death? What if, by some extenuating circumstance, a loved one of yours commited a crime like that? Would you still think he deserved death?

Also, some might say that a lifetime of imprisonment to dwell your crime is a worse punishment than death...

Life and death are both administered by something beyond us human beings.... we are not wise enough to take them into our own hands.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Barto... that was deep - I don't think I've ever seen you put so much thought into a post before. Oh, and I agree with you 8P)

It is the ultimate judgement that man can administer. From a biblical standpoint God gave that authority to government (I assume this is still a religious topic... if it becomes political I will move it to wonderland :-P). And if a relative of mine was a child molester on the scale of some recent stories Ive heard, I wouldnt feel any differently about the proper judgement. It might affect me more but thats not the point.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, people like that have no right to live. thats just wrong no matter who you are. isnt it ironic though that priest, who are supposed to be like closer to god, are the ones doing it? makes you wonder... and capital punishment should be instated everywhere. life imprisonment cost to much to tax payers and they live a pretty decent life. unless u put them in a metal box with no light and a piece of bread a day then theres no point to keeping them alive. burning them works. or how about shooting them, and making the family pay for the bullets.

Ok someones gonna tell me how wrong I am here but looking at jiffs post about the preachers and whatnot doing bad, the way i think about it is this. They (preachers, priests, revs etc) know the book better than anyone. They also know better than anyone, that an ask for forgiveness is all that it will take to get them back into the grace of god. That in my opinion is what makes it too easy for the derranged many of us to commit such heinous crimes. In my eyes, a very devout belief may lead to Amorality. I'm looking for this story of an Ohio man killing his entire family and feeling he saved them from burning in hell because he was leading them down the wrong path(daughter was in theatre in HS, son had a couple of "undesirable" friends, and he was getting ready to lose his job and not be able to provide as well for them). Worst case scenario I know, but lets talk about it.

I swear, if i ever saw a lil kid ever getting kidnapped or molested or raped, and expecially if it ever happened to my kid, i would have to shoot him. that is just sick and wrong. Who in their right mind would do that to someone. Im sorry but those kinds of people should be killed.

They (preachers, priests, revs etc) know the book better than anyone.  They also know better than anyone, that an ask for forgiveness is all that it will take to get them back into the grace of god.

you can't neccessarily say that they know "the book" better than anyone. Because of the 3 types you mentioned(preachers, priests, revs) you have 3 similar but still largely different beliefs. Now assuming that only one of them is correct about their beliefs (since that's the essence of absolutes) then you have 2 that appear to know "the book" through and through and are actually largely wrong.

I find it very frustrating that so many ppl in this world claim to be Christians and have absolutely no idea what Christianity is. Those ppl give everyone else a bad name.

Have you ever been playing Counter-Strike and your girlfriend/wife/mother/grandmother/old lady next door says something to you like "Take out the trash and then clear the moldy leftovers out of the fridge" and you hear every single word they said, but still have no clue of the meaning of those words put together because you're so engrossed in something else? Yeah, that's how probably 40% of "Christians" are. They go through church their entire life and never actually listen, only hear. Those ppl make me angry on such a large level.

:)

sorry that turned into a venting post didn't it?