Guests
(edited)

I like turkey.

Edited by Illuminaughty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this is a game. A game is different than murder. Murder is a crime. Most of here, myself included are in their 30's and have children. I have a son that enjoys watching me play and plays also. But I will not play on a server that allows swearing, nor will I allow him to play. I also refain from swearing in front of him or allow others to swear in our presence.

Most people know the difference between a game and a crime.

These are our rules and we expect people to abide by them. If they do not like it or cannot refrain themselves to follow our rules, we gladly show them the door.

This is my most favorite argument on the servers. It's also the most asinine. Even your basis for comparison is so far from actual circumstances it's laughable.

See if you haven't taught your child the difference from entertainment and reality by the time they can comprehend the concept of life and death, then you have failed miserably as a parent. Let me tell you a secret. Counter-strike is a game.... you aren't really killing people... I know... Wow. But regardless of it's environment or context, a vulger word is a vulger word there is no "virtual swear".

On a side note, usually the people that come in and swear have a negative attitude, poor sportsman-like conduct, and an overall unpleasant demeanor, in short, they're just not fun to play with.

When does he play? Is his name [Mmmm]The Little Mad Beaner?

[Mmmm]Sprout perhaps? :P

As per the discussion... Illuminaughty it's all about education. If your explanation was true then no parent could let there child watch TV. Child is watching a commercial, and observes a guy jumping from a building. Is the child going to do the same thing? A kid around the age of 10 years old know right from wrong, if they do not, they learn from parents, school, etc. If the child picks up language from our server, its kind of hard for a parent to stop him/her from using it when they are only around there friends.

"The Use of Admin in GC servers will be used to create a positive atmosphere, encourage clients to return to our servers, and, above all else, to preserve and protect the fair and competitive gameplay that is the true essence of whatever game they are administrating. "

Now swearing is just plainly contradicts above statement, good sportmanship thats all it is to it

Edited by BIGSHaW

I see this remarked on no-swearing servers all the time. The answer is simple. Your trying to draw a correlation from two completely different activities.

There are two different types of interaction that takes place in CS:S. One is the game itself and the other is the chat.

yes the game is violent, but other than having an ideological conflict with the context of the game its not offensive. Shooting at each other is what its about and there's nothing personal about that.

The chat however can be very personal. The context of that intereaction is solely to communicate with others. More often than not the wordplay is vulgar and not very intelligent nor constuctive. That is why it can be refreshing for some to have a place to play where the amount of vulgar and typically juvenille behavior is kept to a minimum.

that is my explanation <shrug>

btw, sorry for accidentally banning you yesterday, normal. I shot off a ban at the normal2q45tq3wg$^q324yqaerg person that TK'd bean and the ban hit you by default I think.

I think that was you?

Oh, and great post!

2) Yay for Gond!

3) Yay for San

The rest of you get <golf clap>

Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guests
(edited)

Mm, turkey...

Edited by Illuminaughty

Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guests
(edited)

Lets see.. turkey...

Edited by Illuminaughty

Ok so chewychee laghed <glares hard at chewy, then giggles thinking that he just needs more cowbell>

But who laughed at you before that? He's the first.

Your reference to "normal" is what I don't understand, and I believe you're misreading. The normal guy is a person that pposted a very well thought-out response to you. Did you think you were being referred to as normal or something?

Before chewy's outburst and my semi-sarcasm, where were you disrespected. Please quote the actual text using the quote feature.

Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guests
(edited)

Ever have turkey on rye?

Edited by Illuminaughty

I don't enjoy it being insinuated that only the lower class (It makes me wince to even try to put such bigotry into a counter argument) would cuss, and for no reason but to be pointlessly crude.

I don't enjoy it being insinuated that only the lower class

WHERE?

Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guests
(edited)

Turkey is dee-lischous.

Edited by Illuminaughty

Like I just told you in IM...he's saying your comparison is silly. He's not "laughing" at you. Are you wounded because someone is disagreeing with your point of view?

Please practice using the quote feature instead of just pasting other people's words into your post...it gives me this tingly feeling.

Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guest Illuminaughty
Guests
Like I just told you in IM...he's saying your comparison is silly.  He's not "laughing" at you.  Are you wounded because someone is disagreeing with your point of view?

Please practice using the quote feature instead of just pasting other people's words into your post...it gives me this tingly feeling.

Must I qoute turkey to reveal its lumiscent qualities? Surely not...