gg on the smackdown!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I would like to add is next time no using known exploits. Might not have made much of a difference but that was the one thing I was dissappointed to see happened.

One thing I would like to add is next time no using known exploits.  Might not have made much of a difference but that was the one thing I was dissappointed to see happened.

It's not really an exploit i think. It's something they added into source apparently. I just looked it up and now in source you can throw nades and such over walls in long A, B as well as the big wall in mid where the DD is.

We snooze, we lose. None of us knew these changes were made so long A was pretty much useless on our side and it caught us by surprise. We shoulda just adjusted but we didn't and commenced to get creamed.

It's not really an exploit i think.  It's something they added into source apparently.  I just looked it up and now in source you can throw nades and such over walls in long A, B as well as the big wall in mid where the DD is.

We snooze, we lose.  None of us knew these changes were made so long A was pretty much useless on our side and it caught us by surprise.  We shoulda just adjusted but we didn't and commenced to get creamed.

Think DJ just summed it up. Thanks bud--and I appreciate you settling it. If you watch any Source demos on Dust2, it's a part of all D2 strats.

And I'd say that you guys did adjust, you fell back and awped from the A site. Kept us out of Long A for a few rounds until you ran outta money again. Great game though. We should do it again with a lottery of other folks who get to play--lotta people didn't get a chance, and I'm sure they'd love the opportunity.

gg to all it was a blast and hope to do it again sometime.

dont think its an exploit, in real life i can throw something over a wall

M2 - Exploit has nothing to do with what ya can do in real life ya noob :P

On Nuke in CS1.6, there are exploits with flashes where if you throw a flash under a box, it flashes the entire map. The walls and such in D2 in Source aren't an exploit though. They're just not brushed to the cieling. Part of Valve "showing off" the new engine.

bat
(edited)
M2 - Exploit has nothing to do with what ya can do in real life ya noob  :P

On Nuke in CS1.6, there are exploits with flashes where if you throw a flash under a box, it flashes the entire map. The walls and such in D2 in Source aren't an exploit though. They're just not brushed to the cieling. Part of Valve "showing off" the new engine.

The problem with flashing over the wall like that at long a though is from what I've seen the flash "disappears" into thin air so we don't even see it in the air on our side and we're flashed without any warning. Might be a good strat since its allowed in cal but I find it an exploit since there's no way for the ct's to react to it except by always having to assume they will be flashed and to move back like we did.

edit: *shrug* guess I'm in the minority though.

Edited by bat

(edited)
The problem with flashing over the wall like that at long a though is from what I've seen the flash "disappears" into thin air so we don't even see it in the air on our side and we're flashed without any warning.  Might be a good strat since its allowed in cal but I find it an exploit since there's no way for the ct's to react to it except by always having to assume they will be flashed and to move back like we did.

edit:  *shrug* guess I'm in the minority though.

enough. lets leave it at the fact that leagues find the play ok to use.

Now lets go back to what else M2 can do in real life. :D

Edited by DJ Premier

a BIG thanks to our camera crew:

kwix, acid, and a new guy that just happened to be playing in Mayhem tonight and answered the call: CharlieWoo!

I'm d/ling all of the demos now, and will host for all to enjoy and hopefully for some talented people to use in creating a movie! I'm sure my meatshield techniques will be featured at least once in there!

Excellent work to everyone involved :) i was Cameraman for the Terrorist side during the event, and got to watch it live. A LOT of fun.

I was able to catch some very nice moments for everyone, Someone had a 2 for 1 with the AWP, i got that.. (think it was shodan)

Pagan pulled some slick moves while on T's (inside the Double Doors especially) .. DJ Prem was very impressive while On T's aswell..

There are way to many memorable things to draw up - ill have to go look at the clips i took...

but the openeing knife fight was *awesome* We HAVE to do that some time on the server.