Mature Language - My limited thought process and

Guest Wem

It might just be me, but I don't feel .Gc needs to give a reason why profanity is prohibited on the server and forum. The do give plenty of reasons but I don't feel they really have to. It comes down to this...Their server, their rules. You don't like it? Why, there are thousands of other servers out there waiting for you.

You want to cuss and vent, fine. Do it "offline". Don't type it in, don't voice chat it in. Keep it to the confines of your computer room.

None of you seem to know what your talking about either, beyond knowing that certain words are "bad", and that regardless of meaning or context, you don't want people using them.

I know 2 things...1) I can play on these servers and you can't and 2) you can't even read this thread. :boing:

See... had we went thru the debate the last time this happened, you could just link them and say, this has already been debated... and lock the thread.

Link:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=15965

/close thread.

Who was it that said "brilliance isn't recognized until it is too late." :biggrin:

Well, I slept thru my dentist appointment today. They will fine me. That is all.

Edited by duma

I know you aren't saying that that other topic shone brillance on you, so what do you mean? That linked topic is a mess of a ramble that got no closer to the point than these others are getting. Linking that would be silly...I wouldn't call it a highlight. (unless you're being completely sarcastic...then disregard)

However, we will obviously get more efficient when dealing with this sort of stuff as time goes on. It's actually good practice for the guys to reinforce why they actually uphold these standards. For the others, it's a chance to show bad grammar.

There are two topics running simultaneously right now, although this one has one party removed from it.

Here was my answer in the other to the statement that we're not making the majority happy:

I think you just defined "tolerance."  We're not here to please the majority, in fact, we openly admit that our rules are indeed unpopular with the majority.  This is the biggest flaw in yours and everyone else's arguments about our standards and policies:  You still think we are striving to please more and make the most people happy.  We are not.  We're not out for mass-contentment.

You may not like it, but our goal is not to create an environment that is pleasing to you.  It's to create an environment that meets OUR standards, and then enjoy the fellowship with others that have the same ideals and agree with said standards.

You can't find one instance of anyone in this community trying to change people's ways of thinking, only their behavior while visiting our home.

Who knows? Maybe someone sitting out there reading will be able to write a single paragraph that answer the question....then the idea of a quick response and a closed topic would be very appropriate.

I know you aren't saying that that other topic shone brillance on you, so what do you mean?  That linked topic is a mess of a ramble that got no closer to the point than these others are getting.  Linking that would be silly...I wouldn't call it a highlight. (unless you're being completely sarcastic...then disregard)

It is sarcastic in the sence that it didn't work, so linking it is foolish (which is why the first sentence of the post says, 'had'). My suggestion was that had we went thru it, like I suggested in that helter skelter thread, it would have worked to enable a link and close. Such and idea was *brilliant, not that the goal was achieved.

*My play on the word is really a joke, to extend the idea that the point was missed.

Edited by duma

Tough crowd. Wait... is my mic on? I guess it is my dry sense of humor. I am sure if we sat across from each other, and could hear my tone, you all would see my wit. Ah, if only you didn't have frag fest on my anniversary. Anyway, I will get back into my box now. Good day.

Tough crowd. Wait... is my mic on? I guess it is my dry sense of humor. I am sure if we sat across from each other, and could hear my tone, you all would see my wit. Ah, if only you didn't have frag fest on my anniversary. Anyway, I will get back into my box now. Good day.

I was going along with you...that was me "missing the point".

I was going along with you...that was me "missing the point".

Ah... perhaps we share the same mic.

You know... I would like some immunity here. I have been getting about 4 hours of sleep for the last two weeks. We have had 2 papers due, and a ton of reading. Not to mention that midterms are coming up. Anyway, please excuse my slow thinking.

Where are your priorities, man??!!

First the cake, now the anniversary. You need to step up to the plate and declare who's boss around there!! Tell her you're going to FF and the locks had better not be changed, or else!

BTW, if my wife reads this, I plead insanity... :P

After my >100 ping, no full, no empty server filter, i have 1052 servers on my list.

assuming wem has the same, theres a 1/1052 (APPROX. 0.001%) chance wem, or this kind of person, would join the GC server. yet it happens every day. this also makes me wonder, why they would choose to complain, rather then join 1 of 1051 other servers.

Hang in there duma, once the papers are done you can sleep 6 or 7 and then get some CS time in!!

I know... I am about 75% finished with this paper. After that, there is one more to write. Follow that up with my contracts midterm the first week of March. I have one week to sleep. Although, I got 8 hours of sleep today; I missed my dental apt.

My wife wouldn't go for FF idea. Well, that and we are going to Punta Plata in July. The wife has been saving up for a while for this trip. I couldn't imagine what would happen if I asked to push it back in favor of FF.... well.. I could imagine it, I just fear it.

Thanks for the card dwEEziL. I will use in three weeks when my life is 'normal' again.