• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i see that thunder Cat hoooooo uses Style XP

wat do all u guys use?

when ever i install style XP now it says i need to buy it /Register

hrm =/

NuT- 8P)8P)

I never cared for the minimalistic desktop shells. I like eye candy :D

I love tweaking my desktop with the shell stuff but I eventually come to the conclusion I need something like stardock's ultimate desktop or something. Not going to shell out money. Plus the idea of wasting resources usually has me just going stock.

Not that it matters with today's PCs, but from my experience running benchmarks and looking briefly at FPS in game, I believe that windows always knows that these fabulous desktops are drawn behind the scene, and thus impact performance.

My previous PC (motions to left, monitor right), was top of the line for a short period of time. I tested the graphic speeds with tests with and without some of those simple Windows backgrounds that are included. Noticable differences! Some of these desktops I see are incredible! Have you ever tested your PC graphic performance with and without them on?

In the end, I'm with Fox (save for my gazillion files and shortcuts that clutter my desktop....which probably equal a darn beautiful picture of something as far as performance goes! :bang: )

Here is mine, I cant do much with it cause it's windows xp-64bit. I tried using style xp, and have been waiting for stardock to release their 64-bit version for awhile now. They said they would release it last month, but to no avail.

Anyways here is mine

desktop.JPG

Not that it matters with today's PCs, but from my experience running benchmarks and looking briefly at FPS in game, I believe that windows always knows that these fabulous desktops are drawn behind the scene, and thus impact performance.

My previous PC (motions to left, monitor right), was top of the line for a short period of time.  I tested the graphic speeds with tests with and without some of those simple Windows backgrounds that are included.  Noticable differences!  Some of these desktops I see are incredible!  Have you ever tested your PC graphic performance with and without them on?

In the end, I'm with Fox (save for my gazillion files and shortcuts that clutter my desktop....which probably equal a darn beautiful picture of something as far as performance goes!  :bang:  )

Never tested the performance, but I get the eyecandy I like and 60+ fps on the games I play.

Here is mine, I cant do much with it cause it's windows xp-64bit. I tried using style xp, and have been waiting for stardock to release their 64-bit version for awhile now. They said they would release it last month, but to no avail...

So what's the scoop on the xp-64? Is it even an OS that's noticeably different than regular XP?

(edited)
Love that game Virtual Goose awsome fun

i had that game on consle and used the gun controller that came with it

good fun

Virtual Goose??

:=

WHAT>?!?!. Its called Duck Hunt and it was on the NES. How can you call it Virtual goose? im in amazment someone doesnt know what this is. Must be to young :)

Edited by TheBugs