the girlfriend

chewychee

she had one of our friends make her this shirt!

csorme.jpg

she says she wants to talk to you fatty because iv'e been spending too much time "admining" (i told her i had a schedule, and need to be there to make sure everthing is running smoothly :dry: ....sssshhhhhh!) :huh::rolleyes:

on a brighter side of things, i just bought a notebook and a wireless router. combined with my backpacking gear the "dog house" is looking kinda cozy!!! :thumbsup: j/k

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my gf says i play CS to much as well.

I just keep telling her it's cause i finish all my homework during the day (which is true). Still ticked off some times, but meh what can ya do. She is usually busy with homework at night anyways

Edited by Acid-Flux

My wife knows i want to play on the PC so she just keeps talking as im trying to get away, so i have to stand there and linger.. BUT after we put the kids to bed Ill say "hey you wanna play a game of scrabble or rummi cube?" and we'll sit and listen to Michael Savage and play a board game for an hr or so.. Then she's cool when i go off to the pc room.. Its not about the game, its about attention.. If your wife/girlfriend thinks you like the pc more than her, then the chick thinks your not appreciative and she'll find someone who is..

Nice shirt by the way.. :)

Abort! Abort! Never lie, my man, because women, they will find out, them. Them's wily types, them. They have ways. I have a sneaking suspicion that the CIA or some other similar organization with a clandestine wing trains them in facial expression reading and some other surreptitious techniques and equip them with a huge rolodex of other women to build a small (5 step or so) network to be able to transfer information in no time flat. Perhaps, though, I'm being paranoid.

Either way, I'm with Duke...Damage Control! A nice dinner at the least, and more quality time, especially a day doing something she wants to do (major bonus points). And if CS is the final choice, let her down lightly and with as much dignity as she could have, given that you found a video game more interesting than her.

I used to think "geez its not like im going out to friends or a bar every night.." But when your on the PC you might as well be.. Thats why i dont play cs as much as i used to Because i tend to play single player games now, so i can pause the game and turn to Holly and say "what was that dear? Im listening now.."

Really guys, ive been married 11 yrs but it was around yr 5 that my back made a loud CRACK noise and i started saying things like "im sorry" and "ill try not to do that anymore".. :) I came to the understanding that if i want to be happy, Holly has to be happy..

if only i had it like you man, if only i had it like you! i bet she could go 5 and 3 she just won't give it a try! tell Mrs.Duke to give her a call and whoop her in to shape!!!!

Amen. God bless her and the $2000 in hypnosis to get her to like CS.

Now, pay attention grasshopper as this can go nuclear in your face if you don't do it JUST RIGHT.

Turn off the 'puter and follow her all over the house. Spend an enormous amount of time with her. Watch TV, make meals with/for her, do laundry with her, read books in bed, whatever. Wherever she goes, you go.

Eventually, and I hope it's not too long, she will beg you for some space and ask you to go play CS.

Did this work for me? Of course not! That's why I spent $2K for hypnosis :biggrin:

You've been initiated into our secret club. Welcome to Uncertainty World. Get in line...

you just get a gf that plays cs ;)

duhh, problem solved  :P

I wish it was always that simple, Em.

My last girlfriend was really easy to get hooked on StarCraft, Diablo and Half-Life. I just had to remark on the writing and she was all over it. Even ended up addicted to HLDM, TFC and CS, and begged me to play. I did my job well.

...but now my "ladyfriend" (working to bridge that gap between good-friend and girl-friend. It's a tough jump between ladders.) already spends 9 hours a day on the computer, making Veggie Tales. I don't know how I could convince her that she needs at least another 3 per night...

If it got to the point (a few years down the road, likely), where my late night CS was getting in the way of *AHEM* more important matters... ...well, I'd just like to wish you guys the best in life, because I will disappear without warning.

Sorry, I'm pre-whipped.

Amen.  God bless her and the $2000 in hypnosis to get her to like CS.

Now, pay attention grasshopper as this can go nuclear in your face if you don't do it JUST RIGHT.

Turn off the 'puter and follow her all over the house.  Spend an enormous amount of time with her.  Watch TV, make meals with/for her, do laundry with her, read books in bed, whatever.  Wherever she goes, you go.

Eventually, and I hope it's not too long, she will beg you for some space and ask you to go play CS.

Did this work for me?  Of course not!  That's why I spent $2K for hypnosis  :biggrin:

You've been initiated into our secret club.  Welcome to Uncertainty World.  Get in line...

what's really funny about that is we work together too! i am away from her at most 3-4 hours a day! we met b/c i got a job at the bar her parents own. :bang::bang:

2k seems kind of expensive, knowing if someone snaps their fingers or counts backwards from 3 might snap her out of it!

i need some stepford wives action! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What do you mean making Veggie Tales? Does she actually do the editing and stuff? My wife works in the Pediatric Intensive Care at Children's Hospital here and she loves the Veggie Tales shows. As soon as our daughter is old enough, I'm sure our house will be full of them. That's pretty neat.

Veggie Tales is like kids stories where all the characters are actually different vegetables and I think most of the stories if not all of them are biblically based. (Correct me if I'm wrong on part of this anybody, I've only seen the David and Goliath one)

What do you mean making Veggie Tales?  Does she actually do the editing and stuff?  My wife works in the Pediatric Intensive Care at Children's Hospital here and she loves the Veggie Tales shows.  As soon as our daughter is old enough, I'm sure our house will be full of them.  That's pretty neat.

Veggie Tales is like kids stories where all the characters are actually different vegetables and I think most of the stories if not all of them are biblically based.  (Correct me if I'm wrong on part of this anybody, I've only seen the David and Goliath one)

I think you are correct! Come on Chew, spill the beans. What gives?

LOL!! That is great man! He had told me made that shirt and I was wanting to see how it turned out. Looks like he nailed the CS logo - so I may have to get one for the wifey. She knows that I only get to play maybe 1/10 of the time that I used since having our daughter, so she is actually pretty cool with the time I spend "capping some T's". I can say in the past that I had thought about a 12 step program...oh those days at work used to hurt bad after a bender till 3 or 4 AM. LOL!! :D

You are gonna LOVE the new laptop as well dude. You may need to tweak some CVARS to get it running smooth but having almost the same laptop, I can say it WILL run great. Getting used to the keyboard is a differant story though. I can loan ya my autoexec.cfg if needed.

OR - SHE can dig the lappy while you are getting your admin on! We have to find the right game to introduce the world of FPS gaming to her...hmmmm..I will think this over and get back to ya.