• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
(edited)

I dont know how 'over' this thread is, but im currently running a generic crapola sound card in my box with no surround sound or EAX settings what-so-ever.

I dont know how many of you guys play CS:S with me, but those that do know i play a majority of my scopeless game by sound - i can tell precisely where any player is in the area at any time by the quality of my headphones alone.

What are they? Sennheiser 500s. Fatty you sound like you might benefit from them, they really whip the crap out of the 150/155's that everyone is talking about, unfortunately no mic, but i'd suggest a simple desktop mic to fix that.

linkie:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=004588

Edited by k-wix

Bose speakers KICK BUTT!!! Havent tried using the headphones, but i have used bose speakers as monitors for guitar/drums/bass/piano and they work beautifully! They're also great monitors for studio recording. I'd say they're my favs. You pay a lot more, but you pay for quality to be sure!

• 2 months later...

I don't know if these have been covered already but I recently picked up the Medsua 5.1 home edition headset.

The build quality is VERY good. Things feel solid, the plastic doesn't bend and is joined well.

The sound is quite good. The channel seperation is not quite what I'd like, but I definately get better positioning hints than I do with a regular headset. (They don't help my awful play at all, but I still blame that on my headphones)

They connect via the seperate jacks on your sound card (i.e. no built in 5.1 decoder)

I got these for about 150 or so including shipping.

Medusa USA

There was a good writeup of them on Toms Hardware (I think) which is what prompted me to get them. All in all I'm very happy w/ the purchase.