Delay in seeing names

(edited)

Well I've allready managed to get kicked from one of the gc servers because of this delay change. I tk'd 3 team members in one map. 2 were in combat and one was a long distant shot with the famas. I couldnt tell if it was a friendly or not. Kinda makes compound even harder for cts now, seeing how that is mostly a long range map. When a ct is at spawn there is no way to tell whether or not someone standing in those windows in t spawn is a freindly (without a scoped weapon..and guess what that means on the scopeless server :freak: ). I always relied on the red or blue name popping up. Now if you wait for the delay to pop up to shoot, you're allready being fired upon and are probably dead. I don't like this change and I don't see the point of it. Unless Valve wants more sniping (with the awp, scout, autonoobcannon), I just don't get it... :bang:

Edited by simkiller

I was just coming to post how I LOVE this change...so I'll try to explain the point as I see it, and why I love it.....

You mention the red and blue popping up....to me, just because the middle of someone screen goes by me shouldn't mean they recognize me....or perhaps even see me.

I'm just a realist. In the field, you'd have to identify your target before you start shooting. FF is real, and so is the fact that just because it moves you don't automatically and instantly know what/who it us,

In an FF arena, it should slow the game down. Yes, perhaps we'll have to remove the loose cannons.....

I give that change, in the name of realism...a two thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that the delay applies to your opponent too. You should notice that you're not getting hit right away once you sight someone...assuming they use the same method.

Adapt and overcome.

xoxo

Duke

not good for cal though, can't have custom skins. Like he said try to adapt. I think this change was done mostly because of A. what fatty said about not being detected. and B. because you can actually start pre-firing someone cause the name used to pop up slightly before the model. All and all seems like a step foward. Then again, I have yet to play since the change. I'll get back to you.

I hate it when people abuse what Valve has given us. Like making the dummy sprays or the fake bomb sprays. But this is over the top HERE. There has actually been about 700 ppl to d/l these things. Thats why I disabled all of my custom skins, just so I could make sure everything is fair.

EDIT: Haha, I forgot to say to Clueless. I don't think that that skin is a cheat skin, so what I said above isn't applying to you :D.

Edited by campkillyorself

i think they should do something halfway. it could show up right away if it's a teammate and not show up if it's an enemy.

REALISTICALLY, if you're working as a team you should never be in the situation of accidentally shooting your own guy. REAL counter-terrorists would have trained manouvers and would constantly relay their position.

how much realism do you want?

if the radar covered a bigger surface area i would have no issues with this update. why can't they have a mini map over lay instead of radar? one where you can see where all your guys are. in my opinion the radar NEEDS updating.