Evil People....

YoMamma

I was going to a movie theater 5min from my house to buy my friend a gift certificate for his birthday. We were in there for no more then 20min.

Ive been there a million times before, but this time someone broke into my car...

They smashed open my driver's side window and stole my $400 radar detector within the 20min I left my car alone. Of course when I went back to see my car's window broken I was in disbelief hoping it wasn't my car. I was lucky enough that they didnt steal my Panasonic headunit or the 100 CD's sitting in the back seat, but this is still very upsetting. I had to wait about 45min for the police to show up after I called them just to get a little sheet of paper to show my insurance company. While removing broken pieces of glass all over my seat, I cut my hand up. I highly doubt they'll cover the cost of my radar detector, but the window should be covered.

Worst part about it is that when I called my parents and then my girlfriend to tell them what happened hoping for some support all they did was yell at me. Im stressed...

This has happened to me enuff times that I simply outsmart them.

I never lock my vehicle anymore, and I never keep anything valuable in plain sight. I still had people go thru my car on occasion, but from then on, nothing was ever stolen, and I never lost another window.

Why would they tell at you because your car was robbed and your window broken?

Because my parents think negatively and feel its my fault that I went out this late. Thing is, Im always out this late. My GF was mad because i should have been seeing her tonight rather then buying a gift for my friend....

Because my parents think negatively and feel its my fault that I went out this late. Thing is, Im always out this late. My GF was mad because i should have been seeing her tonight rather then buying a gift for my friend....

Wow, sorry things are like that, it Hoovers

Man that sucks! That's one of those things where it almost feels like spite. That's why I never leave anything in plain site in my car. Anytime I"m parking it I always have anything of value in the trunk.

If they can't see it, they aren't tempted. At least I hope that's the case...

Ive had my past cars/trucks broken into more times than i can count.. It got so bad i stopped locking my doors but they still would break my windows!!!!

BUT like 3 weeks ago I went to a friends house in a very very bad part of Cincinnati.. I was in his house for about 10 mins, when i came out my van's hazard lights were blinking and behind my van were two young punks.. I walked across the street and up to my van, I didnt realize that there was a huge black guy in the driver seat leaning down fooling with the ignition!!!! He looked at me and i said "Hey thats my car." and he said "No this is my car". I said "OK" turned around and walked back to my friends house, when I got to my friends door I looked back at my van and all 3 guys were gone.. Just then a Cincinnati cop drives by and I yell, he stops and I show him my van and describe the dudes.. He has me go in the patrol car to drive-by and I.D. some guys they stopped, non of the guys were the ones who did it.. So now my ignition is pulled out but it works, scared the stuff out of me though..

I would have gone back into my friends house, pulled out the fattest baseball bat I could find, then go crazy on them.

Well, thats what I would like to do. I know I have the ability to take some big guys down and out, but do any of you guys get scared senseless when things like this happen?

All my fighting spirit usually leaves me and I just freeze for a second or two, feeling weak and intimidated.

lol, I've just watched the 2005 anti theft devices, quite funny!

But:

Number 1 - what happens if the guy breaks in on the passenger side?

Number 2- wouldnt the theif turn the engine off when he realises the exhuast is entering the car?

Number 3- quality, no theif could get past this

Number 4 - ditto

BigBones, I was just afraid that the dude had a gun.. He couldnt open the door with me standing in the way, but he could have jumped over to the other side.. When you have a wife and 3 kids, you kind of avoid any kind of violence..

I have a 94 Corolla that was broken into twice for the CD player. Once was at the mall and the other time my mom drove the car to a Salvation Army and it was broken into while she was inside. Smashed up the window and the console twice and not once actually could get the radio out to steal it, hehe.

The funny part is that the second time, the CD player had just stopped working two weeks before and we couldn't fix it. The only thing the thief got off but left in the car was the faceplate for it.

Now I'm glad I have a subaru with a very sensitive security system, if you even bump up against it or a really loud truck goes by, it goes off.

I would have gone back into my friends house, pulled out the fattest baseball bat I could find, then go crazy on them.

Well, thats what I would like to do. I know I have the ability to take some big guys down and out, but do any of you guys get scared senseless when things like this happen?

All my fighting spirit usually leaves me and I just freeze for a second or two, feeling weak and intimidated.

No, it's called your brain starts to function over your adrenaline.

Cars and stuff can be replaced. Everyone should think about your family in a case like this, because at the moment our concern for our own safety seems to go to the wayside. Most thugs don't plan on shooting/stabbing someone, in fact they don't want to hurt someone, they just selfishly want their things. However, when put them in a position where they have to make a quick choice, they stop thinking a just react, and people get dead.

YoMamma, I'm glad you're out with some cuts on your hands.

I have no comments about the GF being mad...other than good luck if you decide that her behavior over your choice to get your friend a GC is acceptable at such a time in your life when you can date who you choose.

As for your parents, tell em they're right. Just like I told my niece who had an issue with me putting her on a curfew when she lived with us: Nothing good happens after midnight out and about, so while nothing good is happening out there, you'll be here.

Goot, Yea it was a V1.

Batty, my insurance will cover the whole cost of my window, but they said I'd have to pay a $250 deductible for my radar the first time I called. I told them I'd get back to them. The second time I called they said radars are illegal in IL, which is not true because I made sure I wasn't buying anything illegal before I got the thing. I looked it up again today and they're only illegal in large trucks, which is what I thought. I'm going to call them back a third time in a few min. That story with the guy trying to steal your van is nuts. Im glad he didn't hurt you.

Fatb, I've been dating my GF for 2 years now and she has become so attached to me that if I'm spending time with anyone else but her she gets upset. It's irritating, but I love her... As for always saying yes to my parents, it's great advice except they're so negative they'd probably yell at me for agreeing with them, lol.

get your concealed fire arms license.

I hope that was a joke...

I thought radar detectors were illegal also, at least in Michigan. It would make sense if insurance wouldn't cover it if it were illegal.

I won't even comment on the GF thing, but she must be very attached.

Yeah yomamma you dont want to drive around with plastic being held on with Kentucky Chrome..  Whats your deductible??

Kentucky Chrome..... :lol2::lol2:

Sorry to hear about this Yo. I had a laptop stolen out of my truck one night. They didn't break the window. Somehow they jimmied the lock. Since then, I just don't keep anything of value in plain sight. Now, I just leave it unlocked when I make a quick trip into the store or something. I figure if they want it bad enough they are gonna take it. And if they want it, let'em have it. I've got far more important things to concern myself with then my truck. When you have kids of your own you'll understand. :peace:

Kentucky Chrome - never heard it called that before!! LOL :D

Yes, it's amazing what having a family and/or children does to change your priorities.

One of the first things they tell you during your initial hand-to-hand combat training is to not go down and try it out in the bar when you are on pass or leave. It's easy to have confidence in your ability to "take someone down," especially when you've had military and/or martial arts training. But for you guys who want to grab a bat or a knife or something, know this: there is always someone out there with a bigger knife, with a gun, with more friends, or someone who is more willing to pull the trigger and lose it all than you are.

The material things just aren't worth the potential loss. Radar detectors, stereos, CDs, vans...can all be replaced. YOU can't.

(FYI - I've had a Suburban get stolen... :disgust: )