Ati Or NVidia?!?!

nut

I'm a huge ATI fan, I went from an ATI AIW 7500 to the Nvidia GF4200 128mb cardand then gave my Nvidia card to my nephew and went back to the 7500 even though it was only 64mb. The ATI card was so much more stable than the Nvidia card and performed better in games.

I've now got the 9600XT 256mb card and it's a work horse. There might be better cards out there but until they come out with software that I use that can't be run with my card I'll stick with it.

Rumors persist also that the new ATI cards due to be released this month will blow everything Nvidia out of the water.

Edited by Preacher

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

ATi the last few years are the top cards to get IMO. Now it is time to do a wait and see how ATI's latest cards perform, etc.

funny about the Nvidia stability and driver issues above. Im gonna say Nvidia is my card Because Ive never known a stability problem with one, and Ive never had anything but improvements with new drivers. Whereas I used to hear a LOT about ATIs driver probs, some games couldnt even be played until new ati drivers came out a month later, and Id over hear people talking in game about how they got new driers and now this and that dont work. Like a new ATI driver was actually a use-at-your-own-risk beta.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
funny about the Nvidia stability and driver issues above. Im gonna say Nvidia is my card Because Ive never known a stability problem with one, and Ive never had anything but improvements with new drivers. Whereas I used to hear a LOT about ATIs driver probs, some games couldnt even be played until new ati drivers came out a month later, and Id over hear people talking in game about how they got new driers and now this and that dont work. Like a new ATI driver was actually a use-at-your-own-risk beta.

ATI's drivers have now surpassed what Nvidia's drivers can do. The reason for this is an active Beta testing team for ATI. Nvidia doesn't do this... nor do they allow the kind of feedback currently takes in from Forums, etc. Both have problems but Nvidia's are far from flawless as used to be the case. Times have changed.

^^ Agreed with ZD. I had NVIDA cards for about 8 years (maybe longer now) think my last ATI card (apart for my current 9500pro) was a RageII. I was always adiment (spelling?) about suporting NVIDA, but l8ly ive been reading reviews / new technology and I think ATI has caught up to them. Not only with preformace, but quality.

It's definatly more difficult to make a decision about who to go with now a day's

I have the geforce 6800... it's defective so it's running at a 300mhz instead of 350. I think I'm going to buy a cheap temp one so I can still use my pc and play CS when my card gets sent out for repair... Or I can just flat out buy the geforce 7800~! Then sli them together... I'm crazy right? I know for a fact that they can't repair my geforce 6800, and I'm getting a brand new one. I might just e-bay it.

Nvidia still rox!

Edited by EbilDustBunny

I have the geforce 6800... it's defective so it's running at a 300mhz instead of 350. I think I'm going to buy a cheap temp one so I can still use my pc and play CS when my card gets sent out for repair... Or I can just flat out buy the geforce 7800~! Then sli them together... I'm crazy right? I know for a fact that they can't repair my geforce 6800, and I'm getting a brand new one. I might just e-bay it.

Nvidia still rox!

I have always used nvidia. Never had a problem. Ever. Bought a 9800 pro to hold me over 'til I get a new system with pcie, thing is junk. Runs bf2 well but cs runs like crap on it, when my old geforce four could handle source with ease.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Nvidia still rox!

I have always used nvidia. Never had a problem. Ever. Bought a 9800 pro to hold me over 'til I get a new system with pcie, thing is junk. Runs bf2 well but cs runs like crap on it, when my old geforce four could handle source with ease.

Either it was not set up right or something. The 9800 pro runs circles around the Geforce 4 in Source.

I have always used nvidia.  Never had a problem.  Ever.  Bought a 9800 pro to hold me over 'til I get a new system with pcie, thing is junk.  Runs bf2 well but cs runs like crap on it, when my old geforce four could handle source with ease.

thats probably because the 9800 pro runs direct x 9 and the geforce 4 runs direct x 8 or 8.1

you may find this and this interesting. and by the way, ati runs source much better than nvidia.