Married guys?

Magruter

"The first anniversary is frequently celebrated with the couple eating a piece of their original wedding cake. Generally this piece is frozen after the reception and saved for this occasion. Any piece will do, but on tiered cakes the top tier is usually saved. You may note that this is a relatively new tradition since the option to freeze the wedding cake is only available to those with modern appliances."

Just an example

We saved it and it made it 9 months then our freezer went out and all the blood from the deermeat ran into it lol.

On my first anni I took off from work and went out to a wildlife area where I brought a table,2 chairs a nice table cloth and set-up in this small clearing. I then ordered take-out from The Olive Garden and went home picked up my wife and said I wanted to check out the new "firing range " at the wild life area (August A. Bush in Missouri) we went and looked and then I asked her if she'ld like to go for a walk on a trail and we just happened upon the table. I acted up to this point like I had forgotten the anniversary lol. I had her sit down then jogged back and got the food. It was pretty cool.

For my 10th I did the doosey though, I took her to Italy and she had no clue till we were in line to get on the plane what was going on lol.

I'm not married, but me and the gf have been going out for 3 years.

first year i made her a website, with a few stories of how we met and some cool pictures that i whipped up on paint, then a whole page with about 1000 "I love you" things on.

I gave her a wordsearch puzzle, with the website address hidden in there. Ofcourse she hadnt the brains to realise wwwgeocitiescom.... was a website :blink:

Second year i was on holiday whilst it was the anniversary and i completely forgot what the day was and didnt call her, so i kinda mucked that one up. but i bought her some nice necklace that took me 6 months to save up for.

Third year i've completely forgot about, and it was only 2 months ago :erm: i may have taken her shopping in london somewhere or taking her to a theme park for the day, but i dont have a clue.

if your stuck for ideas it shouldnt be that hard to think of things.

start off with the basic, but go way over the top with them. for example instead of getting her one box of chocolates, get her 25 boxes of chocolates, representing one box of chocolates for each pound of blood in your body that loves her. Then say that there are only 25 pounds of blood...

(btw i dont have a clue if that is the right amount of blood in the body, i keep putting 'measuring my own blood' to the back of my list of things to do)

you could try ordering a shop full of flowers for her.

cooking breakfast always helps, unless she does the same thing - which means ur stuffed

you could try a small weekend/midweek break in some country scene of your choice

possbily order a boat dinner or an expensive resturant

hope that helps :spin2:

Guest Mrs. Slyfox
Guest Mrs. Slyfox
Guest Mrs. Slyfox
Guests

slyfox and i have been married for 11 years (well, almost 11 years...our anniversary is sunday, 10-16). i don't remember what we did on our one year anniversary...maybe dinner w/his parents? anyways, i DO remember we saved the cake. we tried it and threw the rest out! it was so gross!

(edited)

when I read the topic I assumed you were talking about two guys married to one another.....glad to see this wasnt true.

as far as anniversay's go, I would give her the divorce papers and smile and say happy anniversary

Edited by NOFX

(edited)

I can see Batman now.. Well, my husband and I played a little game of touch football until things started getting a little *cough*rough*cough*...if you know what I mean

Edited by NOFX

Paper is the first anniversary gift. I got Wife a ream of paper from Office Depot. I, of course, also got her a nice thing (though at best it was only tangentially related to paper). You can only be a wiseguy so long, and you will pay for your transgressions anyway. I have the scars to prove it.

Though on the subject of paper, all women take cash.

Did the cake thing...uggh.

I took the wife out for fine dining (points), came home, browsed through our wedding pictures (points) and watched our wedding video (big points).

Fell asleep 3/4 way through the video (exponential amount of negative points)...

• 2 weeks later...