Uncool

Whitney

Lately it seems like when i play everyone is going against me. Telling me to shutup, be quiet, trying to get the admins to gimp me or mute me, and the admins do it. Make me drugged for no reason, I do absoultly nothing. It's not like i talk excessivly like some. It's as if i can't talk but everyone else can.

Now why is it that im singled out?

Why am i made to feel like i shouldn't be there?

And dont say that you guys are just having fun and joking around. Cuz i dont' buy that one bit.

All i know is that people who i thought were friends or 'Good people' aren't.

So im just letting you know i won't play somewhere where im not wanted. I'll stick with Zombie or something, because obviously scopeless has no room for me.

The past few days that I've been playing, I've seena few people ask for Whitney too quiet herself. I don't mind her talking at all. I've seen new people ask for an admin to mute her. But, nothing ever came of it, because she never really bothered anyone.

Today, I see the regs bothering her. I see a certain person change their name to "vote poll wit to shut up". I ask you all, is that how you're supposed to treat someone?

Plenty of us like to talk on the mic, and Whitney does have plenty of good things to say for the game.

Why take it out on Whitney? Did she do something terrible to you that makes you want to keep her quiet?

On another note, it's bothered me as well. Instead of seeing people play the game, I see them point out what they don't like about other players. I'm going to stay away from scopeless for the time being and join a different atmosphere on one of the other servers.

Edited by Decoy

im sorry that this is happening to you whitney. we are looking into it and hang brought it to our attention.

however if you are in game and this is going on, plz take down names and steam ids so we can confront them about it.

you know that you are always wanted especially in scopeless. i think you get a thousand hellos everytime you come into the server. i hope you continue to play there. next time this happens take down the info and the best thing you could do is report it to us whether through a PM or in GC chat section and it will be taken care of. just make sure not to fire off back at them. i dont want to see them bring you down with them.

in the mean time, it will be discussed and we will try to find a solution asap so that you can go back to enjoyin yourself and fraggin everyone. thx whit for lettin us know.

I gimped ya Whit, but not to mean. I was just being silly. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything you said. I was just playing with ya because you had killed me 3 rounds in a row.

I sincerely appologise for upsetting you in this fassion. I value you as a member of our community and enjoy your banter on the server. My behavior is curbed now and it won't happen again.

LOL, I know you spam the forums, like me, but I've never noticed any excessive talking in the game, or any sort of these acts going on. I thought I was always the one to yak too much. But even not witnessing it, I can tell just from playing with the same people at other times that it's done out for yuks and fun. I get slapped by admins and stuff for killing em too - it's all for fun and no one is trying to smite you, except for a small handful of dumb, irrelevant non-regs. In which, being a reg, we always have the right to tell them to politely 'shut it'.

trying to get the admins to gimp me or mute me, and the admins do it. .

The past few days that I've been playing, I've seena  few people ask for Whitney too quiet herself.  I don't mind her talking at all.  I've seen new people ask for an admin to mute her.  But, nothing ever came of it, because she never really bothered anyone.

I apoligize whit on behalf of our admins. I hope this was more of a isolated incident than what is being posted. Never the less it really bothers me and is being dealt with.

Decoy I would hope you are standing up for Whitney during these problems.

Also this a GC problem and shouldnt be discussed in public.

Whitney,

Sorry to hear about your recent experiences! It's easy for some people to forget that teasing can be taken too far, and perhaps some of the other people that didn't know you got caught up in it.

That's not an excuse -- just an explanation.

Anyway, do collect demos/steam ID's of these people. At GC, we always stand behind our own, and this is NOT an incident that's going to keep coming up again.

On a side note, the zombie server always has room for you. I'm on there a lot, and if anything gets out of hand, I'll personally make sure it doesn't last long. :)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Whitney. Rest assured it won't happen again.

You are more than welcome to join us on #1 Stock. Ebildustbunny & Armygirl certainly don't get harassed there. I won't allow it. :peace:

I feel for ya Whitney... personally, I've never had a problem with you or anyone on these servers... but I do remember being ct while you were t and you were throwing up messages about them being mean to you... So I am sorry that you are being treated that way... I'm sure the GC guys will sort it out though.

Keep coming back to scopeless!!

Whitney, If i have done anything to you in the past, I am greatly sorry.

I have had regulars try to tell me to gimp you or etc. but i don't think i have ever done it. I just teleport you to random areas sometimes lol! But i will make sure i don't do anything unless you ask for it you know?

t.o

Adam

IMO, this seems like a situation where we just don't know each other well enough to understand how things could be taken. I was there last night, but on the other side of Whitney. I have no idea as to what was being said to her over mic or team chat, taken with that caveat, I got the impression she was asking to be "gimped."

There was one point where I read Whitney state, something along the lines of her being gimped, and I thought she was laughing about it. I know in the past that other players have asked to be gimped. So, I took it that she was having fun with it. Now, obviously I was wrong in that assumption, but I place it here to at least show that what goes on can be misinterpreted. The next reason that I post this is to state that perhaps a few things happened here that can easily be resolved.

For one, I don't think you (Whitney & Decoy) should stop playing Scopeless, rather, I think we should take what you have said and correct it. Why allow this to be the end of it all, when all we have to do is talk it over?

Second, with that in the forethought of our minds, let's try and keep the complaining about other players under the control of the admin. Perhaps there needs to be a complaint on the forum, much like we do with those we feel need a ban. I leave this as just a thought for the admin, and our collective, and hope they/we can reach a way to correct it.

Finally, and this is just MO, it might be best for the admin to curve their use of certain powers. That being the use of gimping, making ppl larger, and teleporting. While I understand it is all for fun, I have heard people complain, other then in this post by Whitney, that is a distraction from the usual gameplay. That being the minimum of our concerns, we have just saw how at its maximum, it can affect the feelings of fellow players.

:peace:

Btw, Whitney....from all of my observations, I do have to add that perhaps:

1) after a while, you do annoy people, so instead of people getting angry and outright rude, they beat around the bush.

2) you over-react to situations. I don't want to read "i'm not coming back" anymore. Enough threats.

Ask for help without the drama. We'll take care of anything going on that is unfair.

Enough threats.

Fine then. Bye.

whit i would hate to see you leave over this. there were a good dozen people that replied to your concern offering to help. there were a couple suggestions thrown out there for you also to help prevent this from happening.

i just hope you arent trying to prove something by leaving. no one said they wanted you gone. we would like you to stay and frag with us. half the time when people are razzin ya, it is because they like ya. if it is uncalled for then let us know. if it is them just messin around, give it back to them. lol, but dont go leavin. you are just lettin those individuals that are pushin you around win.

i would suggest this whitney......

stick around and play. if you have to take a week off for a little break. after that come back fraggin like no tomorrow. all these servers are here for fun. it isnt supposed to be a drag. just relax and give em hell in there. just have a good time cause at the end of the day, its just a game. if someone messes with you again.... get thier steam id and let us know asap and we will do our best to take care of it. however, it is your call. i just hope you dont leave over this.

Ah.... well, again, this comes down to how people take things. Whit, I don't think you need to take Fatty's comment as a request to leave. It is just his way of saying, "give me the problem without the threat."

This really isn't a big deal unless you allow it to be. The solution is just simple as has been given, tell the admin what is going on; send a pm to fatty and tell him what happened; make a post here without the drama. The key here is to stay level headed and let the people who can take care of it, take care of it.

Any decision you make should come from a cool temper. After all, as has been said, we are all here just to have fun. So, why not just take this moment as point of growth, instead a point of end?

BTW, vovik..... eeeeehhhh... not so curvy. Also, vovik, if you flash bang me one more time... I will frag you (if I can see you).

Edited by duma