eVGA 7900GTX

Tt Big Typhoon HS

LG 52X CD-R/RW

2 x WD 250GB SATA2 HDD's

On the way:

Asus A8N Premium s939

AS5 paste

Waiting to also order:

2GB (2x1024) RAM PC3200 (corsair most likely)

X-Fi Platinum or Fatality

The last two can wait for a while, as I'll be transferring my Ram from my old system (for now, if compatible, i hope it is!), and getting by with onboard sound for now. Hopefully the mobo gets in soon! Ordered parts from NCIX and CanadaComputers. Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll be asking for more in the future! :D

Cujo: side fan was not available, no need to be jealous! :(

Edited by DarkArchon

(edited)

K I got the thing up and running today finally, though i gave up setting it up in RAID0, cause i couldnt find the right driver. I knew the one i needed, but couldnt find it. So for now i'm just running a single drive with xp on it. I'll fiddle around with it more at the end of the summer when i can actually use it again. Loving the heatsink!!! Good on ya for the Big Typhoon! Tomorrow is drivers day and getting it all finished and purtty.

Cujo: any recommendations as to the RAM i should get?

Edited by DarkArchon

(edited)

the driver to use is the legacy one that comes in the nvidia drivers. theoretically the actual sataraid driver should work but i've never been successful to this point with it. only the one in the legacy folder seems happy. you have to extract the exe and take it out of the folder onto a floppy drive. hit f6 when you first boot off the windows cd.

for ram it depends one how you want to oc. any 2gig pc4000 (ddr500) kit will do fine up to 250 but very few go much higher. you can still use dividers just fine though.

Edited by Cujo

• 4 weeks later...
I <3 my Stacker. The 830 is cool but it wasn't out when I bought mine and I have decided that I didnt want a case with a door anyways. The Centurion IS a very awesome case.

I agree my CM Stacker is the best case I've ever had.

I <3 my Stacker. The 830 is cool but it wasn't out when I bought mine and I have decided that I didnt want a case with a door anyways. The Centurion IS a very awesome case.

I agree my CM Stacker is the best case I've ever had.

Some how I just can't get rid of my Enlight case. It's classic beige will someday come back in style. :biglaugha:

I've had it for years and is on it's 3rd system inside.

enlight64.jpg

BIOSTAR TForce4SLI -this board rocks!

AMD 64 3500+ w/ Actic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro -waiting for overclockage

2x 512 Kingston HyperX PC3200

EVGA 7900 GT 500/1500

250gig Maxtor Maxline III 16mb

80gig IBM 75GXP -for backup -lol

Hercules Fortissimo III -sound

8x DVD burner + 52x CD burner

Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 Deluxe tuner

Coolmax 450w PS - thermally controlled 120mm fan

2x 80mm Enermax fans -manually adjustable

All running wisper quiet and stable in my unassuming case.

Some how I just can't get rid of my Enlight case.

Hahahaha

Mine is up on a shelf right now with a 400 watt ps, XP-1400 chip, and 512 of ram, waiting for a hard drive and a reason to live once again.

That Enlight case def. was a desired thing...before the whole mod scene errupted...

-Fk

• 1 month later...

AMD Athlon X2 3800+

1 Gb OCZ Dual Channel memory (2x512)

Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

eVGA GeForce 7800 GT KO (newest revision with fixed memory issue)

Ultra X-connect 500 watt PSU

160 gb SATA HD

80 gb WD ATA w/8mb cache set as slave for storage only

Sony DRU 510A DVD/RW

Samsung DVD drive

Generic case ? Has a side window, and I have 5 fans set up inside.

Hyundai Imagequest L90D+ 19" LCD, 8ms response

Razer Diamondback mouse

Sennheiser PC150 phones

Zboard MERC gaming keyboard

Extra stuff : Logitech Wingman steering wheel and pedals, Saitek x52 flight control system (AWESOME)

(edited)

...got some new additions to my system (posted earlier in another thread).

AMD Athlon 64 4000+

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium 939 mobo

1 GB OCZ Performance Series RAM

74 GB Raptor HDD

ATI Radeon X800XL 256MBeVGA 7900GT KO 256MB

Soundblaster xFI Xtreme Music

Samsung 930BF 4ms 19" LCD

16X Samsung DVD Burner

Antec 500W power supply

Antec Black Steel Server Computer Case

MX1000 cordless laser mouse

Sennheiser PC155 headphones

Thermaltake 120mm fan

Sharkoon Silentwheel 80mm fan (x2)

Boston speakers/powered subwoofer

Fingers finely tuned to kill

Edited by Unclean

ECS M180D K7SOM+ Socket A motherboard

RaidMax 350W power supply

Athlon XP 1.25Ghz Palamino

2x512MB Mushkin PC3200 ram (I think)

80GB 7200RPM Western Digital

30GB 7200RPM Maxtor

TDK Indi DVD/RW drive

Some Lite-On CD/RW drive

Speakers from a six-year old HP

Logitech G15 keyboard

Logitech G7 mouse

Oh ya, 15" HP 1502 monitor

Ah, keyboard/mouse combo great for gaming. Except they're on a rig that can't play any games worth it. Eh, I should have my computer going soon. Have someone testing my processor. Hope it's not dead cause it's a Penitum D 840 3.2Ghz. Only took about half a year to get around to this.

Edited by Kruten

CPU: P4 3.4 (w/ HT active)

MEM: 2G (Dual DDR2)

DRIVES: 300 G Seagate (main drive)

250 G Maxtor (misc)

VIDEO: Radeon X850 (XT)

SOUND: onboard AC97 HD (soundblaster didn't work for me)

DISPLAY: 2 x Sceptre 20" LCDs (1680x1050 on both, dvi on primary, vga on secondary)

Currently running the Omega 3.8.273 drivers on the video card

My current best 3dmark05 score

3Dmark05 Profile

I also have an old 1.??? AMD box that I dork around with linux on. It's currently running Dapper Drake (ubuntu) But it had been running Gentoo for a long time before that. (wanted to play with a new distro)

I'm probabbly going to re-install gentoo on it at some point. I'm not a huge ubuntu fan, solid distro, but I like more control.

nice systems clueless and unclean.

kruten, funny as always. what's the video card on that? onboard?

skarface, it's a netburst intel so i'll bite my tongue. nice monitor setup though. the x850xt isn't dual dvi? nice memory. at least you only need a new mobo to upgrade to core 2. i'm wincing at the price of a new mobo, cpu and memory for myself. it's lookin like $800+...

skarface, it's a netburst intel so i'll bite my tongue. nice monitor setup though. the x850xt isn't dual dvi? nice memory. at least you only need a new mobo to upgrade to core 2. i'm wincing at the price of a new mobo, cpu and memory for myself. it's lookin like $800+...

My last several boxes were AMDs, and I just wanted a change. When I got this thing the price of the core 2 stuff was through the roof (it was only a few months old) so I opted for this chip.

My mobo is the aa8xe from gigabyte (not the fatility model) I'm pretty happy with it. I had a pair of CRT's when I bought the box, so I didn't go for the dual DVI option. It's really not that big of a deal for me now anyway. I keep temp graphs/fanspeed/status stuff on my secondary most of the time. It's not _quite_ as clear as the dvi, but it's not too bad.

kruten, funny as always. what's the video card on that? onboard?

Integrated and at 800x600. Whoo!

That and still over 1000 hours at CS:S!!!!! That's bragging rights!

Yep. Too bad I did all of that last year. I've played CS about a total of five ours since December. Can't believe I'm still alive. Someone with the right parts is testing out my processor. Should know if it's dead or alive tonight or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Pentium D 840 3.2Ghz SmithField cooled by Thermaltake XP-90 and Delta fan

Asus P5RD1-VM LGA775 motherboard

2x512MB Mushkin PC3200

Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM hard drive (thought it was my old WD drive)

Maxtor 30GB 7200RPM hard drive (Windows was corrupted when in temporary computer when it's processor died)

Antec Truepower 2 550W power supply (thing sounds like it isn't even there)

Aspire X-Dreamer II case

TDK Indi 420N DVD/RW drive

Lite-On CD/RW drive

Logitech G15 keyboard

Logitech G7 mouse

Sennheiser PC130 headset

The six year old Hp speakers

HP L1502 15" monitor

Still on integrated graphics, but it's supposed to be a Radeon 9600 chip, so it can't be too bad.

seems like a significant upgrade.

well considering it was supposed to be running about 6 months ago when I got rid of most of my Athlon 64 rig.... I still gotta fix the the voltages on the power supply. The 3.3v is at like 2.9v so yeah. I can't connect the power supply to it's voltage controller though because the plug on the connecting wire got ripped off a long time ago. I know I won't find that thing for sure. The pins are so small there's no way I could temporarily connect it with tape. I'd have to solder it or something.

btw, i should add that i recently sold my x1800xt and purchased an x1900xtx. oh and i purchased an enermax galaxy 1000w psu. my 510w started to die. have to rma it and then i'll be putting it up for sale.

btw, i should add that i recently sold my x1800xt and purchased an x1900xtx. oh and i purchased an enermax galaxy 1000w psu. my 510w started to die. have to rma it and then i'll be putting it up for sale.

Aw, I could've used it. Anyways, I can run FEAR with most of the stuff on minimum and 800x600 at about 20-25fps.