AGP or PCI-E?

wayfarer

Do you have AGP or PCI-E?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Leadtek px6600GT TDH Extreme pci-e. Supposedly the fastest 6600gt card made (at least it was last January, lol) Hopefully I'll be getting another one this Christmas and SLi them.

Dunno if I'll notice anything with the gfx, but I figure if my wife and I end up with a kid on the way by next Christmas, upgrades may be few and far between after that so might as well go as far over the top as I can when I have the chance, lol.

If you don't know, odds are you have AGP unless you bought your machine very recently. Basically PCI-x is just a different type of connection, which allows for much faster data transfer between the video card and the rest of the machine.

If you don't know, odds are you have AGP unless you bought your machine very recently. Basically PCI-x is just a different type of connection, which allows for much faster data transfer between the video card and the rest of the machine.

Sad thing is, no application even utilizes the full speed of 8xAGP

Still stuck in AthlonXP/AGP-land myself, with an eVGA 6600GT AGP card.

Alas, saving for dental work for over $1600-worth of seriously rotted teeth comes first. Anyone know a good cheap (free) Prosthodontist? Near St. Louis, MO?

I just wanted 'em pulled, but even dental students have this moral objection to non-esthetic solutions...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...