...stacking....

the only thing that i dont understand is why a lead admin didnt do anything

Because he shouldn't. It's one map, big deal. It would be fine if every map was 10-8, 10-9 but that's not going to happen, and it's not the admin's job to make sure it doe. Get over it. Butt kickings happen in a competitive game, and while GC does strive to ensure fair play, making sure every map is only won by a round or two is not a part of that. It's not like every map that day ended 10-1, 10-0.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did nothing, because nothing needed to be done, the teams were fine, even numbers, and you had good players. Sometimes you just get plain beat, happens alot.

With the team you had, you guys could have come back and killed us with good planning. Many times, you had a few guys trickle out of B like a rush that no one went along with, they were of course quickly gunned down, and the precious bomb lay helpless in the grass. That is not stacked teams, that is poor teamwork.

I constantly look at teams, because if you read through these forums, you'll see, I am against stacking, BIGTIME. I saw the teams and lack of teamwork and saw nothing to act on.

I was going to answer you in the server, but the map ended as you asked me about it and you didnt come back on the next one, sorry if I seemed rude not to respond, that was not my intention.

Maybe this is really out there, but is there a way to rig Mani to do something like only let GC members choose team? In the past people have offered the possibility of forcing everyone to auto but as was said then, there would be no way to correct team imbalance.

I don't believe there's a way to do this with mani. Besides, forcing autoassign wouldn't prevent blowouts. All it would do is take away the choice. You'd still have random blowouts and now NO way for players to try and rebalance the teams mid game.

1st, this requires that a Lead Admin be in-game

2nd, balancing teams skillwise is nearly impossible. Skill varies so much between players and time-to-time (sometimes I go 20:5, sometimes 5:10) that to try and adjust players around to account for this would be a nightmare

3rd, Players don't like the admin just changing them around from team to team. John mentioned complaints about the mod they have on 3 that tries to auto-balance the teams

In the end as several have said there is no magical solution to blowouts. They will happen. You can complain or you can try to even the game. Ask specific people to switch, call them OUT, get your team organized. This won't always work, but it is something that everyone can do.

I'd also LOVE to see someone on the WINNING side of a 10-0 map AND complain about team stack....I garuntee you'll never see it. You only see complaints from the guys on the losing side.

There's a simple reason for that. If someone is on the winning team, either they will be in denial and will say things like, "I autoed" or ,"I always play this side". Or they already switched to the losing side because they know a stack when they see one.

and he and I are some of the best in the server.

Then why do you join the easy team instead of helping out the hard team?

even though you posted later that you think it's "denial"... there's NEVER a time when I DONT autojoin. I have autojoined ever since I started playing counterstrike in 1.5. No need to pick a team. It's the same either way if you're smart.

There are times when i've switched teams FOUR TIMES to help the other team. I'm not always going to be the one to get called on when a team is gettin stroked.

Lol, I think you're just an easy target Rico...

"Can't get a headshot, blame R!co."

"Getting pwned by newbs, blame R!co."

"Didn't save money by switching to Geico, blame R!co!!"

hahaa.... that's the case with every board i'm a member of. Everything is my fault.

"you might wanna stick wif the small talk, mate. The theatrics may come across as a bit.... Cheesey!"

Rico, I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't say you were, "one of the best on the server".

Don't autojoin. Join the hard team. You shouldn't have to switch four times, its not your job to keep the teams balanced every round.

If your team is smoking the other team and you think the other team needs help, switch. If you switch and now the team that was losing is smoking the other team call it a comeback and don't switch back. Especially if you are on the easy team and switch to the hard team.

If one of your top players switches to the other team to try to balance, don't switch with them because that would just put all the skill on one side.

As I've said before, I always join the "hard" team at the start of any new map that favors a specific team. I also routinely see this out of Alba, Brew, Brillow, and LCD. I don't auto join or choose the easy team because I feel, at times, that I can help the "hard" team be successful. It's a choice and no one is required to do it. I enjoy the challenge of it, though I must admit it bothers me when maps are 6-0 against the "hard" team and the other team continues to carry a 12-10 advantage with 3 GC in the top 5 scores.

Thanks to those who try to even things out.

Rico, I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't say you were, "one of the best on the server".

Don't autojoin. Join the hard team. You shouldn't have to switch four times, its not your job to keep the teams balanced every round.

If your team is smoking the other team and you think the other team needs help, switch. If you switch and now the team that was losing is smoking the other team call it a comeback and don't switch back. Especially if you are on the easy team and switch to the hard team.

If one of your top players switches to the other team to try to balance, don't switch with them because that would just put all the skill on one side.

since .gc doesn't institute a server-wide auto-join... I do it myself. there's no other way to randomly disperse the "talent" other than autojoining.

There is no "hard" side... how many times have you seen the CTs clean the Ts clocks on italy and office? And, if you have a team with an ounce of teamwork and listening skillz... the same goes for the Ts on cbble and aztec. You play 2 FULLY BALANCED maps... dust2 and piranesi... all the others in the rotation could be considered unbalanced...

It isn't about switching teams, the problem is PICKING teams. How many people do you think actually CHOOSE to play on the "hard" side (if there was such a thing?) c'mon, the assertion is nonsense.

Edited by {.s.D.s.} R!c0

"Easy side" as defined as a side of the map which yields higher vantage points with better cover and defensive choke points that can be reached faster by said team. They exist, saying they dont is false.

Such an example would be long hall in Italy. The fact that T's can set up vantage faster means they are not the ones strafing into another players vantage point...ie easier and more accurate first shot for the T's. CS is full of these types of advantages. Prodigy, Compound, Assault, Aztec, Dust, etc etc.

Now, if the team can properly handle their advantages is a completely different story. And yes, a higher skilled team can overcome the disadvantages to a point. But to say there is no easy side just doesn't hold up.

demoner, i feel your pain. when i first joined up here the problem used to be MUCH worse. its actually gotten alot better recently. maybe just when im playing cause i always ask people to switch teams and usu people do. but where the problem lies is that some really good folks auto and some really good folks just follow them. and if the original auto-joiner hits the easy side, then its an automatic unbalanced map. now i know that alot of regs say that they auto, but i really dont believe that. its too much of a coincidence that they always play the easy side.

on my old server, the admin would ban you if you skill/team stacked, so what i do is: join, see which team is doing poorly, or has less talent and join that one. or just pick the hard side of a map. this problem will never really go away unless people police themselves (not likely). if i were u and i was really gettin mad about teamstacking...just do it yourself. there is no rule against it.

Don't call 10-0 maps stacked.  Call 3 maps in a row with the score leaders on the easier side AND 10-0 a possible stack. 

All I see is two bad rounds on the same map (meaning the occurances happened hours appart) with a regulars evenly dispursed.  Blowouts happen, nothing we can do about it.

switch at 5-0. Not that difficult.

"Easy side" as defined as a side of the map which yields higher vantage points with better cover and defensive choke points that can be reached faster by said team.  They exist, saying they dont is false.

Such an example would be long hall in Italy.  The fact that T's can set up vantage faster means they are not the ones strafing into another players vantage point...ie easier and more accurate first shot for the T's.  CS is full of these types of advantages.  Prodigy, Compound, Assault, Aztec, Dust, etc etc.

Now, if the team can properly handle their advantages is a completely different story.  And yes, a higher skilled team can overcome the disadvantages to a point.  But to say there is no easy side just doesn't hold up.

:luxhello:

im the best on the server :P

*clears throat* ;)

No...I'm the best. (just dont look at the stats)

*cough* ;)

And now for a screenshot of the final score on one of our favotire maps: de_aztec!

de_aztec0090.jpg

I haven't said anything for a while in the forums about stacking but this pushes it. This was just plain stacked. We tried strats and rushes and as far as I could tell no one tried to balance it out. We had a few random problems but we kept together most of the time. That was probably our best round, next to another one where we managed to get it down to three CTs and five Ts, but about 25 seconds before the end of the round all the Ts were killed.