*** FF06 Radio ***

yErMoTH3r

what sort of music will this thing be playing?

What ever the users upload. Mom and I are messing with this package for the LAN intranet. From just a bit of playing around with it, it looks to be really helpful on the organizational end. Once we are done playing and know the ins and outs and I make my attempt at skinning it, I will post some screens of what it will do and what we are using it for.

But, for the music part, it allows "users" to upload music from their comps to a central server (dls are blocked obviously....we don't want Metalica coming after us) and then they can see a list of songs and request that one be played. The song then gets put in the "queue," ie, at the bottom of the play list.

Wolfsblood Posted Feb 8 2006, 07:53 PM

QUOTE(TheBum @ Feb 6 2006, 08:24 AM)

Oi, if my music gets upload people will need earmuffs......

*stocks up on Misfits and Strife Songs*

Heh, you and me may be the only ones who would really enjoy the MisFiTs. lol

You aint the only ones that are :bang:

ahhhhh

a script.

so are you going to have it say kick the user off the ftp once the file is done uploading?

http://www.nerdclub.net/alp/

Its built into that CMS. Its basically just a simple upload script from what I understand. Browse to file, upload, done. Browse to next file, upload, done. Lets you limit file size.

I'm assuming anyway, yermom has been messing with that part of it mostly. I'm working with the skin and stuff.

you all talking about boadcasting online radio because i might hav had you beat like couple years ago.

lol. I think most of us have set up online broadcasting.

Check this one out, me and some buddies have had this going for a few years. Has multiple servers and everything :)

(PS. That stream is Trance / Techno)

you all talking about boadcasting online radio because i might hav had you beat like couple years ago.

Check this one out, me and some buddies have had this going for a few years. Has multiple servers and everything :)

Right on.. did you host your own personal mixes? Me and My friends had to shut ours down because of liscensing issues... threatened to be fined, sued and such got too confusing and costly so we shut the station down.

Right on.. did you host your own personal mixes? Me and My friends had to shut ours down because of liscensing issues... threatened to be fined, sued and such got too confusing and costly so we shut the station down.

Not all the time no. 95% of the mixes that we play are recorded live at parties. and of cource off BBC1 :)