Help me....

JackieChan

Okay, I seriously want to go this year.

Problem: My parent's don't trust me going that far/don't trust who I carpool with.

I can't really explain the place I'm going to because they don't understand anything about LAN parties and whatnot, so that'll probably be pointless.

Anything I can tell them to convince them to let me go?

Will do anything other than smear poop on their walls.

My one parent didn't have a problem with me going. The other parent (mom) was aprehensive. However, I managed to convince her to let me go. I went with friends that she knew; and I've been on long trips with them before.

Does that help? :D

Let's safely assume that Jackie has no real-life friends.

What then?

Would you like a picture of Fatty caring for children in the church nursery?

You could pull the old "I'm old enough to vote, that's a big responsibility" routine.

Are they afraid you'll drink? You know you're going to be wearing a red laniard, right? Tell them that. Is that how you spell laniard? Lanyiard? It's not lanyard, but that would be cool....maybe we should just call it lanyard... :unsure:

You could also explain to your parents that if you go, you will have the chance to meet and be influenced by fine, upstanding citizens who are experienced veterans of this event such as....

THX:

DSC06354_JPG.jpg

or maybe

MINI ME:

327_jpg.jpg

the one we call....MOTHER:

DSC06476_JPG.jpg

And be postive, we make sure people are very responsible. We know that you are young and you might need some naptime. I can assure you we have naps scheduled in for anyone that needs them.

When you need a nap, we let you nap, like Chamber here:

DSC02799_JPG.jpg

Or Redeyez here:

DSC06486_JPG.jpg

Your 18...tell them you will take the cell and they can call you anytime they want.

It's not like it's a dead concert or anything...wait...is this a dead concert? That would be cool.

GC Alumni

I need as much info about FF as possible and a person to carpool with (giving me as much info as possible other than SS numbers, CC numbers, etc). If I lay as much info in as possible, it might work... I don't understand that everyone I talk to on the internet they think is some pedofile (excluding a few people here and there on GC).

Dude, all the information about FragFest is right here on the GC forums and the FF website. Sit yor parents down and show it to them. Tell them about the precautions we take to prohibit underage drinking, if they're concerned about that. It's not our responsibility to talk your parents into letting you come. But thats not to say that we wouldn't be available for your parents to come to with their concerns. But ultimatly you have to get yourself there. If you have to fly, thats fine. We'll pick you up and get you back to the airport on time. But I don't see any one of us calling your folks and begging them to let you come. I would be freaked out if some 30 something year old person that I don't know from Adam called me up and asked me to trust them with my son. Thats counterproductive, don't you think?

Ebil went through the same thing.

Let them read that thread.

Duke made this good point. I think that shows we're trying to help. Use it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Mustard's CoffeeMaker

I'm 18, stewped
don't call people that are trying to help you "stewped"

Basically parents think the internet is evil and there's only sexual preditors... I called up the hotel to confirm that there was an FF06. Among other things... but I think the hotel call was the one that made them feel comfortable. If I can find enough facts to let them say "ok go" you can too. It just needs different levels of persistance and presentation. What I'd do is plan everything out... everything from costs to way of getting there, before getting to your mom and dad about going.

I need as much info about FF as possible and a person to carpool with (giving me as much info as possible other than SS numbers, CC numbers, etc). If I lay as much info in as possible, it might work... I don't understand that everyone I talk to on the internet they think is some pedofile (excluding a few people here and there on GC).

LOL unfortunenately my parents thought the samething about GC... my bottom line was.... I'm a tech, how about you? They are just being Uhh parents. ANYWAYS... If you do find someone to carpool with maybe set up a meeting? Maybe a casual "hey I have a friend that I would like you to meet" (in the non rainbowest way)

I'm like going by myself... on a plane to meet a bunch of people I never met in real life before... let alone rooming with someone else I never new before. To an event dominated by men/boys. Plus I'm a girl which just gives off a parent signal that they have to bubble wrap for life. Scarey? A little... but I know you guys won't let anything happen to me right?

Right?

Uhh guys...

What's a cell phone? I don't have one.

Wow no cell phone?? Your Japanese right? I bet you have a camera though right??? (trying to attack every sterotype today, ask Agent Tuna about that..)

GC Alumni

...I'm not japanese... OR chinese. AND I don't have a digital camera, my brother does (but whenever I get ahold of it, it's always out of batteries o_O)

Thanks for the suggestions. I need someone to volunteer to drive me in the event I do go so I can... ya know... introduce em or whatever. If anyone's goin - from Minnesota or someone who doesn't mind going out of their way to stop by my place - send a PM my way and we can get in touch or something. They already think Kilz is some kind of "bad" person already.