Is this offense bannable?

YoMamma

(edited)

I was playing cs:s late last night on de_nuke.

First round:

I killed s4h.Reflex who had a deagle. He quits and rejoins.

Second round:

I ask "fixing your score?"

He says "no Im fixing my money."

can we kick/ban for this? Is this as bad as using the Spec-money glitch?

Edited by YoMamma

(edited)
I use it to fix my score if im on a bad run, seems to "clear the head" so to speak.

Its not fixing the score I was conserned with, because thats why I thought he rejoined.

It was that he rejoined just to 'regain his money from buying a deagle.'

Edited by YoMamma

Its an exploit that I don't think has been deemed inappropiate as of yet. I think it would be left to the judgement of the server admins and so forth. I personally don't see it as a cheat, rather I see it as cheap and pathetic. if you have to join and rejoin just to regain the money you have lost than try playing more to get better so you don' die as often. I have seen this lead to guys jumping teams just so they move to the winning side as not to loose that money.

I think this should be a community thought as to how the GC wants to deal with this. I personally don't see it being a big deal until they start changeing teams. Then I say give them the boot after a stern first warning. Its kinda along the lines of camping so you don't die each round :boo: Just my 2 cents :D

we've long been enforcing this one on west. whether to reset a score or gain money, you gain money, which is an unfair advantage over the rest of the server. you can reconnect within about 10-15 seconds, so if you die first, you can be back before the round is even over. it doesn't put the player at any disadvantage.

whether we've banned for it or not, i'm not sure. we ask people to respect the rules. they either say OK, or they start to argue. at that point, their mouth gets em banned, not the exploit.

...but, with the "unconnected" bug, some players will reconnect as a fix. anytime i see a disconnect/rejoin, i ask em why, then go from there.

Should be kicked for that. It's basically cheating and bad sportsmanship. It's news to me if we're letting this go on.

So basically, kick him after he plays and has a good round.

I have a personal favorite solution to this.

I always ask why first because of the "unconnected" bug.

If its the bad reason, I wait until they use the money to buy on the second round, then slay them, and tell them that doesnt fly here or something appropriate.

This is one of my pet peeves...it's an exploit in my books

But what really bothers me is when someone is able to die, rejoin and make it in time to spawn in the same round...then they get beacon'd or worse...

It's similar to what happened Saturday night on Italy. Start of map a T came running down main hall I met him in market and killed him right away. He left (or more likely typed "retry in console") and got to play again in the opening round. Or he would have but I gave him the boot for it.

I think the ol' reconnect trick is really too small of a deal to concern ourselves with. I mean if they don't make it back by the end of the round they lose more money than they would have staying. Also, they risk getting booted on the reconnect due to a full server.

I wouldn't consider it much of an exploit, and once they get a few kills they won't be doing it anymore.

I think the ol' reconnect trick is really too small of a deal to concern ourselves with. I mean if they don't make it back by the end of the round they lose more money than they would have staying. Also, they risk getting booted on the reconnect due to a full server.

I wouldn't consider it much of an exploit, and once they get a few kills they won't be doing it anymore.

Yes but kidnapping a really annoying person who drives you mental is still kidnapping, regardless of how brutally annoying that person is even when duct taped...right duke? Plus you get to hit someone whit your stick...

The point is that it's done to gain some sort of advantage. The begging question is: What if everyone did this?

In the end, if an admin chooses to ignore it it's not going to cause a ripple in the force. If it bugs an admin, there's plenty of reason to say/do something.

I warn them, and take $802 (assuming that's what they're getting when they use the exploit).

ma_takecash "stutters" 802

Can anyone verify the amount of $$ they get when they do this?

I warn them, and take $802 (assuming that's what they're getting when they use the exploit).

ma_takecash "stuttersduke" 802

Can anyone verify the amount of $$ they get when they do this?

lol, i like that idea