College Procrastinating

EbilDustBunny

right now I'm doing the procrastination thing and writing a paper 2 before class. That's not much of a problem... I can write about nothing and put it into hundreds of words.

It's just this class is about nothing... nothing about my major that is. It's just a hippie class... about the enviroment and human emotions. They call this class "connections" (2 credits) and it's required for me to graduate... among with 2 other useless classes... "History of Visual Arts" (2 credits) and a freshmen course: "Styles and Ways of Learning"(only 1 credit).

I'm so hungry! :bang: All I ate today was a little lunchbox pack of those cheese and cracker thingies... and that was uhhh 4-3 hours ago!

(edited)

I remeber those days.. By my 5th year I figured out how it all works...

Put yourself in the shoes of the teacher of one of those classes...

You know 85% of the students dont want to be there... Make the teacher think you have some motivation for the class and ask them questions even though you already know the answers... and go to class And what do you know, you end up with a B and never opened a book...

I just wished I figured that out earlier.. by the time I figured it out, I had already gone through 4 years of taking bs classes and never talking to the teacher once and not going to the classes. Hence many C's and D's along with a few F's. and a GPA of 2.2 :)

Edited by NOFX

hehehe... with a full time job and being a full time student it's super tough... they have a free program down here for students where I have a personal advisor separate from my major just to keep me on track... basically I go see her once or twice a week and she askes me how everything is, if i need help she makes sure I get it and makes goals for me... So I feel compelled to get it done before I see her again. She also got me a math tutor to help me jam for my finals.

It's some kind of mentor program.

You know 85% of the students dont want to be there... Make the teacher think you have some motivation for the class and ask them questions even though you already know the answers... and go to class And what do you know, you end up with a B and never opened a book...

I just wished I figured that out earlier.. by the time I figured it out, I had already gone through 4 years of taking bs classes and never talking to the teacher once and not going to the classes. Hence many C's and D's along with a few F's. and a GPA of 2.2 :)

so did your low GPA effect your job search? i am sucking it up with english © and psychology (C+)

and i want to know if my future employers will have a problem with my low grades. oh and math is at a (D)

I can write about nothing and put it into hundreds of words.
I think we all found that out already.

:smillie_smilling: I know you're jealous... don't be hating.

I only cited twice in this small paper I'm suppose to turn in.... GO WIKIPEDIA!!!

I have A's in all my classes so far except math... I'm just hoping for a C.... even a D! I don't care...anything to pass!

Graduated with a 3.63! BOOYeah.

Ebil..Lets see I finished HS with a 1.21gpa...took some time off and then did my BS with a 3.91, so I would not spend a lot of time worried about it. You will learn what you want no matter what any tells you..:D

I also work full time and go to school almost full time in the evening, so I know how it is.

First off, let's be clear on this: what GPA you get for not studying depends on various factors, including your school's grading standards, how smart you are, what material you've covered before (either formally or informally), what major you're working toward, and of course how must work you did relative to how much work your classmates actually did.

There is no free lunch. There is no easy way out.

I study, I keep up on my reading, the program I'm in is competitive, and as I sit here at the halfway point for my degree the lowest grade I've gotten (earned?) so far is a B+.

One thing I can tell you is that I'm tired all the time. I'm also way more cranky than I ever was before this began. So, umm, two things.

Ebil..Lets see I finished HS with a 1.21gpa...took some time off and then did my BS with a 3.91, so I would not spend a lot of time worried about it. You will learn what you want no matter what any tells you..:D

I know what you mean. I did bad in highschool, but I'm sure as hell not throwing away tons of money to do bad in college. Also the classes in college seem easier because if you aren't doing pre-reqs you are probably doing things you enjoy in the class.

so did your low GPA effect your job search? i am sucking it up with english © and psychology (C+)

and i want to know if my future employers will have a problem with my low grades. oh and math is at a (D)

We should ban you until you bring those up.

I know what you mean. I did bad in highschool, but I'm sure as hell not throwing away tons of money to do bad in college. Also the classes in college seem easier because if you aren't doing pre-reqs you are probably doing things you enjoy in the class.

You got in Mhen....You are learning what you want..edgimacation is good :)

We should ban you until you bring those up.

:huh: Banning him from the forums might do more then banning him from the servers... :halo:

well Its hard to explain post graduation/ job searching to an undergrad... There are many factors that effect the job search. First off, what is your major... thats a big factor. Next.. I never listed my GPA on my resume. When I went in for interviews I said my major was around a 2.8.

Here is what I found out... When searching for a job, you have to let them know your know what your talkin about. The simple fact I drove 5 hours and dropped off resumes in this city. Drove another 5 hours back for an interview, told them I had always had an interest in computers and that I setup linux machines in my living room for hosting, webservers and just to play around with..etc.... greatly outweighted the fact I didnt present my GPA on my resume.

Employers would much rather hire the real nerds(the guys who know the stuff because they want to) rather than the straight A student who doesn't know squat, but just did what the teacher told him to.