Episode 1 June 1st

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I already pre-ordered and pre-loaded. Now I am just waiting to play it. Anyone else getting this? Preorder on steam makes the price like 18 bucks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consciousness returns. Gordon and Alyx discover they've somehow escaped both the reactor explosion and the G-Man's malevolent grasp. Before they can ponder their miraculous survival, the crippled Citadel lurches back to life just long enough to initiate a self-destruct sequence. With Alyx at his side, Gordon must flee a city in chaos before the Citadel's final detonation turns City 17 into a toxic, mutant-infested crater.

Sounds like it's going to be action-packed.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Check out the trailer. Makes me tingle with anticipation for more HL2 action.

• 4 weeks later...

10:00 AM 06/01/06 for anyone in the midwest central time zone this is the time of release in steam

I am replaying half-life 2 to brush up on the storyline

here is a link to a review of the game:

could be a potential spoiler for some they have a little detail about the begining of the game but more info about game play and development

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200605/....1422.35562.htm

interview with Robin Walker ----I read this is a spoiler I am going to watch interview after playing the episode but here it is if you want to watch it:

http://gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.h...A-2932588AA76D}

so, Episode 1 costs $20, Episode 2 and 3 each going to cost $20. That's $60 total. What a ripoff...

It's not too much different than HL2. Episodes are 20 dollars each, 20x3 is 60 dollars (if you preorder each one it will be 2 dollars off each for 54 dollars), 4-6 hours each for 12-16 hours. HL2 was around 15-20 hours for 50 dollars.

I'd also rather not wait another 5 years for a sequel.

so, Episode 1 costs $20, Episode 2 and 3 each going to cost $20. That's $60 total. What a ripoff...

It's not too much different than HL2. Episodes are 20 dollars each, 20x3 is 60 dollars (if you preorder each one it will be 2 dollars off each for 54 dollars), 4-6 hours each for 12-16 hours. HL2 was around 15-20 hours for 50 dollars.

I'd also rather not wait another 5 years for a sequel.

Yep agreed. The orig game for me was more than 15 hours of gameplay...more like 40, b/c I take my time, look around and am not always rushing to get to next autosave or level.

They say the episodes will be about 6-8 hours of gameplay...if they are spaced out by 3 mos each, that give you time to really enjoy game and something to look foreward to...

I am completely a victim of the "I am playing this till it's done" syndrome. I play a game, sometimes for 8 hours a day...then I'm done with single player and there is nothing to look foreward to.

Besides, how can ya hate on HL2?...best single player game ever.

I am suprised!

people here don't seem to be too excited about this?

there was a person on the forums for steam said he just purchased a new video card new headset and new leather chair haha

now thats going all out for an $18 game!

I am suprised!

people here don't seem to be too excited about this?

there was a person on the forums for steam said he just purchased a new video card new headset and new leather chair haha

now thats going all out for an $18 game!

I'm excited...I just have too much work to do right about now...

HL2, as I said, IMHO, is the best single player game made.

I would be a bit more excited, if I had been playing it for a day.

It took me that long to warm up to HL2