Water fuel for car

EbilDustBunny

Edit: := Brill!! You dirty soap pad! Can't you see I was posting!?! :biglaugha:

Couple things

This aint new...the properties of HHO have been known for a while...just this guy's electrolisis process is new

Oil companies routinely buy the patents for engines that run on other fuel sources, $20 says they will or already have bought this one

He has to use distilled water...stricly h2o...so the process of actually refining the water takes energy which makes it less efficient and more pollutive than petrolium based fuels...he also uses energy to create HHO through an electrolisis process...hopefully it doesn't use a lot of energy and hopefully it will eventually power its own electrolisis process...but for now it's worse for the environment than petrolium gas

It's good for the military because it means no exploding gas tank...just like for the welding industry

It will be good for us if the oil companies don't get their grubby hands on it and if it can run on just everyday salt water without using electricity from an outside source

It's just like the fuel cell, remember in the nineties when everyone thought that the fuel cell was this crazy new technology that would change the way we use power? Ha! It was invented at the end of the 19th century and had been stuffed away buy Ford, Exxon and Shell...it's all about efficiency...and when something takes more energy just to get to the point of the usefulness of petrolium then it sits on the back shelf...or in a vault in the back of Exxon's headquarters along with the perpetual motion machine

Did you know that the Dryer was invented (well, mass marketed) to suck up the extra juice that was flowing around the US after world war 1? Yep...sole purose was to waste excess energy...now people run their dryers morning noon and night and complain about global warming...ok I go now...

Don't know about the technicalities. Sounds sort of like ethenol. Once you really boil the numbers down the energy savings, while substantial, aren't as staggering as first thought when you consider the energy required to produce the stuff. But the hope is that they can refine the process to the point that it is the end all it is spouted off to be.

Four ounces to go 100 miles. I wonder what powers the process in the first place. I am assuming electricity. Wouldn't think a battery would be able to handle it... but wow, if it did!

Sure, the oil companies will offer billions for the patent. Maybe the guy is such a visionary he will hold out. IF the process works as the clip sounds, he will be rich either way.

He has to use distilled water...stricly h2o...so the process of actually refining the water takes energy which makes it less efficient and more pollutive than petrolium based fuels...he also uses energy to create HHO through an electrolisis process...hopefully it doesn't use a lot of energy and hopefully it will eventually power its own electrolisis process...but for now it's worse for the environment than petrolium gas

I would be interested to know the reasoning behind those arguments. On the surface they sound absurd. Follow.

The first argument: the water refining process will take more energy than petrolium. It takes more energy to refine water than gas? That may be true (don't know for sure) but it would have to take huge amounts more to produce to make up for all the cars using it. In essence, it would have to take as much petrolium to produce refined water as it does to produce gasoline. To even my un-expert opinion, that sounds perposterous.

The second argument: the water refining process would procuce more pollution than the combination of the gasoline refining process plus 30,000,000 cars polluting the atmosphere by burning the stuff. I would assume refined water would produce little or no pollution.

Again, that just sounds stupid. But some things sound stupid and are true. So link us some sites!

My wild claims are based on 20+ years of lectures from my father (an engineer who specializes in pumps/mixers). He's come short of beating me to death with the fact that if anything has a refining process then it costs money and it pollutes. Distilled water costs more to produce than petrolium gas which can quickly be seen by comparing the price of 1 gallon of bottled water to 1 gallon of gas. From here logic dictates that production costs are higher for the refining of water than they are for petrolium. This doesn't even take into account the fact that the majority of the price of petrol is taxes

Now where I said that the refining of distilled water pollutes more than the refining of petrolium gas, that was completely stupid of me to say as I can't prove or disprove it so lets throw that out. What I should have said is that the refining process of water pollutes, period.

You do make a good point that because the HHO only releases water as a byproduct (as far as that video describes) then yes, it doesn't pollute nearly as much as the use of petrolium gas does, barring whether or not the refining process of water pollutes and how much.

To distil 1 gallon of water it takes 3 kilowatts of energy. The big question is where this energy comes from. Coal plants, nuclear or gas power plants pollute, so right off the bat we know that the process of distilling water has to pollute. Now I can't say how much water is needed to make HH0 but I can garentee that it isn't 1:1. So right there you have 2 refining processes instead of 1 with oil. I still can't tell you how much the refining process of oil pollutes coupled with the energy required, so I won't go and say that HH0 pollutes more than petrol. But staying on that subject in the refining process of oil you get 6 products (petrolium gas, petrol, kerosene, diesel, industrial fuel oil, asphalt/industrial lubricants) out of one process where as in the distillation of water you get 2 products that I can name off, pure H20 and whatever you remove from it (the interesting point here is how you use that byproduct of the distillation process of water). Also to keep in mind is that the refining process of oil has seen a lot of work put into it and has advanced quite far in the past century where the refining of water just hasn't gotten the same push, but as to where it's at in terms of efficiency is another thing I can't comment on.

I'm (believe it or not) really busy at work so I have to pause here. I probably should have just kept my big mouth...err...fingers?...shut... :unsure:

My wild claims are based on 20+ years of lectures from my father (an engineer who specializes in pumps/mixers). He's come short of beating me to death with the fact that if anything has a refining process then it costs money and it pollutes. Distilled water costs more to produce than petrolium gas which can quickly be seen by comparing the price of 1 gallon of bottled water to 1 gallon of gas. From here logic dictates that production costs are higher for the refining of water than they are for petrolium. This doesn't even take into account the fact that the majority of the price of petrol is taxes

Now where I said that the refining of distilled water pollutes more than the refining of petrolium gas, that was completely stupid of me to say as I can't prove or disprove it so lets throw that out. What I should have said is that the refining process of water pollutes, period.

You do make a good point that because the HHO only releases water as a byproduct (as far as that video describes) then yes, it doesn't pollute nearly as much as the use of petrolium gas does, barring whether or not the refining process of water pollutes and how much.

To distil 1 gallon of water it takes 3 kilowatts of energy. The big question is where this energy comes from. Coal plants, nuclear or gas power plants pollute, so right off the bat we know that the process of distilling water has to pollute. Now I can't say how much water is needed to make HH0 but I can garentee that it isn't 1:1. So right there you have 2 refining processes instead of 1 with oil. I still can't tell you how much the refining process of oil pollutes coupled with the energy required, so I won't go and say that HH0 pollutes more than petrol. But staying on that subject in the refining process of oil you get 6 products (petrolium gas, petrol, kerosene, diesel, industrial fuel oil, asphalt/industrial lubricants) out of one process where as in the distillation of water you get 2 products that I can name off, pure H20 and whatever you remove from it (the interesting point here is how you use that byproduct of the distillation process of water). Also to keep in mind is that the refining process of oil has seen a lot of work put into it and has advanced quite far in the past century where the refining of water just hasn't gotten the same push, but as to where it's at in terms of efficiency is another thing I can't comment on.

I'm (believe it or not) really busy at work so I have to pause here. I probably should have just kept my big mouth...err...fingers?...shut... :unsure:

I didn't realize I maligned your intelligence. I was a bit harsh and I apologize. Obviously there are a lot of things that appear completely impossible but turn out plausible. I was just wanting some verification of the apparent wild claims.

I think the most important thing I wanted to convey is that claims such as this pop up all the time and people hardly ever consider all the facts, they just think a new era has begun, when that's usually never the case...

I think the most important thing I wanted to convey is that claims such as this pop up all the time and people hardly ever consider all the facts, they just think a new era has begun, when that's usually never the case...

yeah. Wild and fanciful claims. If you want to see more about all the claims and read after a 'convert' go to waterpoweredcar.com Obviously people are making wild claims just for attention.

I thought it said 100 miles on 4 ounces....But anono..any energy generation produces byproducts to start the process but then it can be switched over to run itself with its own power. So to have hybrid with gas you would use only the smallest amount of fuel to get it started and then it would run on its own HHO source, this would GREATLY reduce the emissions and fuel consumptions. We see this same idea is Hydro plants around the world...A side note: if you want to look up the best idea for alternative fuels you should look at thermocline power plants, the process it still under development but the energy produced would be more than a million large power plants if placed in the right areas of the ocean. But this just me...I am a big Eco-nerd and fear what we are doing to the planet if we DO NOTHING even it is a little it would help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... http://www.bmwworld.com/hydrogen/faq.htm