AOL rep refuses to cancel the account

Guest zerodamage

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

Wow, AOL is still pulling their lame antics? I remember way back when AOL WAS THE INTERNET and hey did this crap to keep people stuck with them. Sad people out there.

I went through something like that years ago. The rep had me furious. I think it was the normal run around and around. Then, since I had used my wife's credit card he told me that she had to cancel the account. But the freaking account was in MY name. OF course I had to wake her up from a nap. Then there was some other stuff. I usually remain civil but I must admit that was one time I didn't.

I can't believe they fired the guy...who would do that unless they were told to by the company...I mean comeon!

Ever since AOL came to Canada it's been completely useless, I can't say for any earlier than that but I'm sure it never really had any use other than employing people at the post office to cover all the people blocking mail from them...

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
don't thousands of you americans use their instant messenger?

AIM is the only decent software that AOL has ever written. Even then most people prefer to use third party applications like DeadAim to connect to AOL's IM servers.

Edited by ash-

umm, the only way to cancel and AOL account is to talk to a real person?

yep. i tried to cancel my account years ago also. i had so many accounts too, never had a problem cancelling it, although 1 time i did. so i went to their call center found the guy and choked him and then he cancelled it. :lol2: