Boring Map Rotation

Is there any particular reason for the current (really small) map rotation? It's really boring. I don't really like train and it seemed that train was being played practically every other map today. Some other maps would be nice for nominations as well.

I think because it is a test server for now that the rotation is limited.

Thankyou farmer

I don't mean to sound short, but we're testing new servers, which means things won't be the same as usual while we're testing. We don't want to load everything up, including our custom maps, for just an evaluation.

Of course if we decide to stay with the new servers then everything will be setup but until then you'll just have to work with what is available.

I think because it is a test server for now that the rotation is limited.

Thankyou farmer

I don't mean to sound short, but we're testing new servers, which means things won't be the same as usual while we're testing. We don't want to load everything up, including our custom maps, for just an evaluation.

Of course if we decide to stay with the new servers then everything will be setup but until then you'll just have to work with what is available.

Thanks. I figured that's what was going on but I was just curious. I also belive that it was around 1 in the morining when I posted that, so I was also not thinking very clearly.

:):boing:

Thanks for bearing with us guys...we'll have this all worked out soon, then we will make some changes and get you guys involved in the map changes as far as tossing ideas around.

So now would be a good time to start giving us your input, then we can make a move faster when the server situation is decided.

Thanks again guys!!!

LOL, yeah, I dont see Tides ever being on the rotation, I would prolly veto that one, but i'm not against trying Prodigy at all.

Not to say it would stay, but we can try stuff and see how server traffic goes, and also periodically check the whin-0-meter, lol.

No clue why people dont' like train. Great map.

Maps will be added to rotations soon.

I agree. Train is an awesome map and I'd love to see it in the final rotation. :wiggle2:

I agree. Train is an awesome map and I'd love to see it in the final rotation. :wiggle2:

I dont have a problem with trying that either, I dont care for it personally, but if it keeps butts in the seats, then it should be on there.

There where a couple 3rd party maps that i'll have to talk with Berge and Shep about to get their opinions, like Russka I think it was? That one was pretty 1 sided, and Beroth map was VERY T biased as far as I am concerned, but I would love to hear your feedback on those 2.

keep train. whatever keeps the server busy

Actually, while many of us like train, it hurts server traffic. Sad but true. Why? Dunno. Admins should switch to train during primetime.....or, before long we'll have the rotating cycle back in.

There where a couple 3rd party maps that i'll have to talk with Berge and Shep about to get their opinions, like Russka I think it was? That one was pretty 1 sided, and Beroth map was VERY T biased as far as I am concerned, but I would love to hear your feedback on those 2.

Both of those maps could be beat on the harder side but it requires more teamwork than most other maps.

(edited)

I dont have a problem with trying that either, I dont care for it personally, but if it keeps butts in the seats, then it should be on there.

I love both ruska and beroth. The rounds tend to go very fast on beroth, so even if one team dominates, it's over fairly quickly. I think that we should keep them both.

Edited by meherdmann

I love both ruska and beroth. The rounds tend to go very fast on beroth, so even if one team dominates, it's over fairly quickly. I think that we should keep them both.

i personally would like to see beroth go for sure never really seems to play out very evenly. russka can be a very balanced map as long as teamwork is used otherwise it can easily turn one way.